youtube.com/shared?ci=vAmo8XNWD6M
youtube.com/watch?v=JOCtdw9FG-s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I just buy minced garlic in a jar.
I don't have time for that shit.

kys

kys

lightly crush clove with side of knife, skin comes right off

I separate the cloves from the head then put then in between two steel bowls and shake to remove all the papery bits quickly. Then run them through a the microplane, or just smash them under my mortar depending on how fine I want it.

Die.

Depends on how I'll use it. Y'all know the trick to peeling a bunch of garlic at once? Shit is cash.

youtube.com/shared?ci=vAmo8XNWD6M

I find a jar or other sealable glass container works better, but you get it.

If you only need one or two cloves and you need them whole, you can rub them firmly in your hands to peel them. Your hands get sticky, and the skin will stick to your hand and allow the clove to fall out nice and clean. I keep a wet rag on hand when dealing with garlic to wipe that sticky shit up.

For the record I don't usually recommend things because I have no Idea what I am talking about but I do recommend this stupid bullshit. They actually work which is dumb. I don't get it. Magicians made it and keep their secrets.

Give it self-esteem issues, the garlic will cut itself.

Depending on size slice in 2 or 3 slices then slice into strips then slice into tiny cubes.

recently I mix a few whole cloves in when I saute veg. I fucking love garlic.

when I roast veg the whole cloves with skin on are the best part. I might just roast a load of them by themselves one day.

is there something wrong with using pre-minced garlic

> this to remove the skin

Then depending how small I want the pieces :
> large/medium : chop it up directly

> small : I cut stripes along the clove and stop a little before the stem, so it remains together. Then I cut twice horizontally, again stopping before the stem so it keeps together. Finally I just cut slices vertically and it gives super small onion cubes. Basically the trick Gordon Ramsay does constantly with onions. It's also good because your fingers don't smell as much as you only touch the dry stem.

> fine paste : mortar, or I smash its shit up with a glass against the cooking board if I don't have a mortar at hand.

Tastes god awful compared to fresh -- might as well use powdered if you're that lazy

Shake the clove in a couple of bowls or in a pot with the lid firmly in place.

Crush with the garlic press if it's getting cooked or microplane if it's going into tzaziki raw.

The taste is completely different. Pre-minced is okay if you don't have fresh (I keep a jar for emergencies), but fresh always tastes much much better.

Well when I buy a new clove (i barely cook, only buy one at a time) the first thing is to crush it between my hands a little to get it loose, then peel off the fucking paper and get each still-papered clove separated, toss out the root
i leave those in a bag until i use them
when i do use one, i get however many, lay them flat, and smack them with the broad side of a knife, it makes peeling the rest of the paper off.
cut off the brown piece

>buy a new clove

You mean "bulb" don't you? I mean you don't just pick one clove off a bulb at the market and have the cashier try to way it do you? It probably wouldn't even register on a supermarket scale.

I do it according to my italian heritage

depends how I want it, start usually with crushing the cloves with flat edge of the knife fore easier peeling but if I want them whole I don't do that
aside from that, I usually start by slicing the cloves thin as fuck like this:
can use em like that, if I want finer mince, I just start going over the thin slices with my knife until I'm satsified, if I want just complete paste I add kosher salt to the fine mince and start crushing the salt/garlic mixture with the flat edge again

Is this the guy who cooks tiny burritos for tiny hamsters?
youtube.com/watch?v=JOCtdw9FG-s

Nope. Thats a goodfellas scene in prison, where they are making dinner.
He cuts the garlic with a razorblade so that it liquifys in the pan.
Not sure if this works but it would be easier to press it for the same effect

>Not sure if this works
it doesnt
the scene is still great though
all cooking scenes in goodfellas are amazing

I rarely slice them, most of the time I smash them with the flat of my knife, the portuguese way, just like my grandma used to do. The smaller I want the pieces, the harder I press, and also smash them multiple times.
Not sure why, but I get the clear impression that food made this way tastes better. Even the smell of the garlic frying seems to be much better.