Garlic Thread

Garlic makes pretty much everything better.
Prove me wrong.
>protip: you cant

Also post garlic recipes i guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1y5h1pDHhzs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just made a carbonara , put in a clove of garlic with the lardons, peeled and crushed with the heel of the knife.

Cooking meats with a clove in the pan is a real game changer. I always do it with steaks and lamb now

Yeah, Garlic is really great. I like to pit 8-9 cloves in my mashed potatoes. (In batch with about 7-10 potatoes)

Milkshakes

No vampires around you then. So you roast the garlic with the potatoes? Not many homecooks use the oven for their mash, but its the proper way to make a nice pommes purées/mousseline

Thanks Bam Stoker

>cooking garlic with bacon
So you like burnt garlic?

You don't actually eat the garlic. It's removes after cooking, and given it is whole it doesn't burn either

I usually put in in while the potatoes boil.

>Garlic Ice Cream

Roasted tastes best in my view. You can stick the whole bulb in the over

It goes in or on almost everything I cook. And there's really no better spread for bread or flatbreads than roasted garlic.

Garlic is great but a pain in the ass to peel...

If you need to peel a lot, just put em in a big glass jar and shake it for a while.

I like to cook chicken breasts in a pan. I use garlic powder but I want to try fresh garlic. How would I do this? Do I just stick it in the pan? I don't think the chicken would absorb the flavor.

You could make a garlic oil infusion by putting several smashed cloves in cold olive oil and heat on low for 30 minutes to an hour and remove cloves before cooking.

Gilroy garlic festival in California has it. Never tried it myself but heard it wasn't bad

you can make icecream with pretty much fucking any food/spice/whatever and it'll be at least 'okay'. my city has california's avocado festival and they have avocado ice cream. it's fine.

>Mixing the smooth, creamy mouthful of frozen custard with the taste of oily mowed wet grass.

Why would you do this?

>mfw I just watched youtube.com/watch?v=1y5h1pDHhzs and this thread happens

Does the notion of "lardon" even exist outside of the french speaking countries?

Yes. The US, Germany and Great Britain use a larding technique for lean game roasts where threads of fat are inserted into the meat prior to cooking. Now, since French cooking is the only meme you can cling to on the shreds of your decimated culture, don't you think it's time for bed?

The best heads of garlic look like a fat ass.

One day I was thinking "this meat and cheese is nice, but what would make it better is destroying my breath in a way that also makes my cum taste bad"

>tfw when you get caught jerking off in the produce section looking at all those sexy onions and garlics

A mobth ago I was on vacation in Thailand and ate this amazing garlic chicken. Marinated with basically only garlic, lots of it. It opemed up my eyes to what garlic is capable of

>tasting your own cum
>not liking garlic
>mfw

Have any of you fried garlic in hazelnut oil? The smell is fucking magical

I haven't been clear, I mean, do they have a word for this? And not "bacon" please, those aren't the same things.
And I thought I was speaking to a fellow frenchman. Funny how you even know the word "culture".

>Funny how you even know the word "culture".

I know some other words too. But I'm a bit too much of a gentleman to use them just now. Good day, dear.

INGREDIENTS:
>1 cloves of garlic per 3 ounces of olive oil
>a pinch of salt

HOW TO:
>put the cloves in a mortar and lightly salt them
>add a tablespoon of olive oil and mash until the garlic and the oil form a paste
>then add another tablespoon of olive oil and incorporate the oil into the paste
>continue adding oil and incorporating until you incorporated all your olive oil

And that's how you do aioli without mayo.

Has anyone here ever tried raw garlic before?

How is the risk of food poisoning with raw garlic.

Yeah, no risk dude, but man is it not great.

Garlic vodka is pretty dank.

>I'm a bit too much of a gentleman

Roll it between your hands or just lightly crush it and then peel

My roommate put it in a blueberry smoothie. It was fucking nasty.

I can't handle large amounts of garlic. I can handle it if it's a small amount in prepared foods, but dishes with a lot of garlic make me sick. I'll start dry heaving or just outright throwing up. I wish I liked them because they're in so many things, but I can't fucking stand that. I'd rather burn myself with a cigarette then fry a clove of garlic.

Sorry, I know this is makes this even more of a blogpost to double post, but I forgot to mention one of the weirdest parts of it. When I was a little kid I absolutely loved it. I was an incredibly picky eater, but garlic was something I didn't mind. Now my tastes are at least reasonably open, but I can't stand onions and garlic.

This guy gets it. Only drawback is you have to be patient cuz it takes like an hour at least to roast the head of garlic till the cloves are like butter. Smelling that garlic while it roasts is heavenly also

These

user have you considered getting tested for vampirism

Raw garlic is good for your digestive system.

400 degrees for 35-40 mins is plenty of time

there's no risk, and it apparently has some nice health benefits, but speaking from personal experience, it's not pleasant.