What does your normal christmas dinner menu consist of Veeky Forums?

What does your normal christmas dinner menu consist of Veeky Forums?

Anything that you do outside the norm?

pancakes and cum sauce

completely serious, it's a thick sweet sauce/glaze that my family makes for rolls and pancakes every holiday, it looks like cum, and people openly call it this to my mothers disdain

it's pretty delicious

Double pepperoni/double cheese pizza
Hot pocket
Macaroni and cheese with ketchup
French fries
Chicken strips
Onion Rings
Bacon Cheeseburgers
Doritos
Hot dogs
Lots of condiments, ketchup, mustard, honey mustard, bbq sauce, sweet n sour, ranch.

Do this type of feast with my parents every Christmas.

This year was going to make chicken liver Pâte for starters, and do a small turkey and beef wellington with roast root vegies for main, with a few other sides.

Literally the only thing I did different last year was eat my pizza with red wine and allow myself any extra toppings I wanted.

I live alone.

Mustard-glazed ham is the centerpiece.
Sweet potato casserole (no sweet potatoes, just a potato casserole that's sweet)
Carrot casserole
Rutabaga casserole
Sprouts
Sauce
Cheeses
Rosolli
Gravlax
Smoked salmon
+ desert

Not bad/10

>Canapes of foie gras, jamón serrano, cheese, iberian salchichón, iberian chorizo...
>Prawns
>Grilled King Prawns
>Fish soup
>Baked round beef
+dessert (turrón, mazapán, polvorón, etc.)

A steady diet of depression washed down with my own virgin tears

Yeah I'm coming to your house bub

Get out of the basement you loose meat Hot Pocket

turkey
white rice with raisins
apple sauce
noodle salad
mashed sweet potatoes

>RAISINS

YOU FUCKING DONKEY

Swefag? My grandpa owned a "smokery" (spelling), and he still to this day get free gravlax (similar to cold-smoked salmon) every christmas. Even tho he sold the company 10 yrs ago

Roasted duck
Pork roast as well if we're many
Gravy made from the duck fat+wine
Potatoes
Small caramelized potatoes
And home pickled red cabbage and gherkin

Since I moved north with my mother, we no longer celebrate christmas or the new year with a festive dinner.

I'd most likely regret it if I could feel the desire for food.

ham
potato au gratin
green beans or some variation of green bean casserole
maybe lasagna
brussels sprouts and onions
cookies

that's what my mom usually makes depending on how much extended family is going to come

>white rice with raisins

Please kill yourself

>don't like what I don't like!

A few things, proper pork mince stuffing balls, star anise and butter carrots (basically you stew whole carrots in butter, water, sugar and 2 whole star anise for about 30 minutes) fondant potatoes, maple syrup glazed parsnips, cranachan with lagavulin or laphroaig, probably other stuff I'm forgetting about. Oh and I tend to do a guinea fowl.

>smoked
>gravlax
Do you even

Chocolate oranges son

He's from Spurdo-land, so close.

Reposting from another thread.

It changes every year, but I had a good one a couple of years ago.

> aperitive with all kind of toasts and stuff,
> 1st entrée with different sea food (oysters, crabs and some shellfishes),
> 2nd entrée with foie gras, jams and toasted sweet bread
> 1st main dish of poultry (chapon, which is a fattened chicken)
> in my region, at that point, we do something which mixes strong apple alcohol and apple sorbet to ease what comes next,
> 2nd main dish of red meat, with some kind of mushroom sauce
> cheeses (a lot),
> ice cream cakes and fruit cakes.
All generously served with different wines.

Took me 2 days to process.

Wow! Where's home?

As starter usually something like gravlax/smoked salmon, foie gras or charcuterie with a bit of salad and toast, sometimes we have some fancy soup like pureed jerusalem artichoke soup.

As a main course we usually have some beef due to some members of my family not eating pork, fish or poulty for one reason or another (pretty annoying). Often roast beef or beef wellington or chateubriand. Sometimes we also get veal or lamb. Common side dishes are caramelized carrots, snow peas, roast potatoes or potatoes au gratin

Then a big plate of various cheeses and bread

Some dessert like creme brulee or souffle or something like that.

Then some traditional Christmas cookies(pic related) and coffee and spirits.

All of this is accompanied by plenty of wine and beer.

France, Normandy.

The only uncommon thing we may have is this apple sorbet + apple alcohol mix which we call "trou normand". It fucks you up thoroughly as the strong taste of alcohol is concealed by the sugar from the sorbet. It makes for lively Christmas nights.

I highly recommend it.

Smoked ham

Oh and smoked muenster cheese also

Fuck off

Make a confit of various coloured bell peppers and garlic, add some crushed tomato to it, pour it over carp fillets that are themselves over parboiled wedges of potato and put the whole thing in the oven to cook the fish and potatoes through (lecsós ponty burgonyával).
Serve with sourdough bread (kenyér kovász) and various sides which seem to vary with whatever the fuck whoever's cooking feels like making at the time. Stuffed mushrooms (töltött gombafejek) are nearly always present, though.

Dessert is usually just sour cherry quark cake (túrótorta) or semolina pudding with sour cherry jam (meggyes grízpuding). To be clear, the cherries are sour before being made into jam for the pudding/cake, not the dessert itself. The jam is sweet.

It's barely November, op you're as bad as my mom spending 20% of her life thinking about Christmas but not even a practicing Christian

THIS IS THE STRANGEST ANSWER SO FAR. YOURE A WEIRD GUY MY LIMMY LAMMY.

Depends. Cornish hens and stuffed pork chops are popular. Last year I did a goose, which frankly was horrible. I'm going to experiment with smoking a duck this year, but since they are expensive and hard to come by where I live I'll have to practice on chickens, but since the fat content is so different not sure how it's going to work out. A nice ham is always a good fallback.

I start thinking about christmas around august :3

>hungarians are weird
I guess.
There's this multilayered slice-able fruit jam thing called gyümölcsíz. It's made in alternating layers of fruit, usually white plum and sour cherry. It used to be called "Hitler's bacon" because the layers look like streaks of bacon and it's a vegetarian food and Hitler was a vegetarian.
It's pretty good, 2bh.

>It used to be called "Hitler's bacon" because the layers look like streaks of bacon and it's a vegetarian food and Hitler was a vegetarian.
>It's pretty good, 2bh.
Wtf.

Based Hungary.

I forgot the other dessert because I don't eat it but everyone else does. Walnut strudel. Not a fan. I don't hate it or anything, just like quark cake better.

Salad
Pumpkin-Coconut-Ginger Soup with Shrimps
Lamb Fillet
BRATKARTOFFELN (because Germany)
Red cabbage
Roasted chestnuts
Desert (warm apple pie with Camille ice-cream)

Last Christmas we had salmon four ways.

Salmon cold smoked, salmon hot smoked, baked salmon and salmon eggs. Good bread, various pickled things. Scalloped potatoes. Apple pie for dessert with our tea.

>yes we're russian american

Until this year christmas dinner was:

One big turkey
Too much mashed potatoes
Almost enough roast potatoes
Various sauces and gravy nobody likes
brussels sprouts, which my dad likes and nobody else does
parsnips, which my mum likes and nobody else does
prawn cocktail for the parents because they like that for some reason

i just ate the turkey (which was always dry) and roast potatoes with cheese sauce.

Grandma cancelled christmas this year. No food for me.

This because Norwegian. Celebrating christmas in North Carolina this year though. What will I eat this year Veeky Forums, should I be worried?

That's how grandpa did it. And he's a like 5th generation fisherman

this will be my first christmas alone so no idea
i dont feel like making anything but everything is closed

He got smoked salmon, and that's very nice. It's not gravlax though. No matter how long your family has been fooling around with boats, it doesn't change culinary history.

He is right you know.

move over frenchy im coming for dinner

Chinese takeout

t. Jew

See

I go with my family out for glorious dim sum.

Worth it to come early 'cuz it's packed.

You're probably right. Salmon is good either way man. Have'nt done gravlax myself so i wouldnt really know

Breakfast will probably be some cinnamon rolls
Then skip lunch
Prime rib, might get it from our new local butcher
Mashed red skin potatoes
Brussels sprouts
Gravy from the beef
Maybe some good bread
Ginger cookies for dessert

Some places like Boston Market either take orders early for Christmas or remain open.

Tamales and champurrado. Last year my aunt brought empanadas too. This is in addition to the stuffing, green beans, broccoli puff, mashed potatoes + gravy, candied yams, and assorted pies.

Last Christmas I got into an argument with my mother in the morning and left the house to go eat at Denny's alone. Two niggers straight out of Africa were seated next to me, hollering like apes, it was dreadful.

kek

They were celebrating Kawanza, give 'em a break.

I'm getting Taco Bell and Corona to represent my Mexican heritage and disdain for this country.

I hate the fucking christmas ham so I always substitute with something else pork-related.

This year's menu is going to be baby back ribs, stuffed cabbage rolls, turnip gratin, and sticky toffee pudding.

How did you know? What gave it away? The rosolli?

If I were you I would kill myself and my whole family.