Ungraded beef

So my local grocery always has a lot of ungraded beef on sale.

This means that the cattle were old enough that they couldn't have been graded as select or higher, so they didn't even bother grading (i.e., you're getting something that would've been graded cutter, canner, or utility).

I've been seeing these tenderloins for awhile. Is there a use for them considering they're more expensive than choice boneless NY strip, and all but guaranteed to be tougher?

american beef is garbage

stay away

Your Steroid infused 'beef' would be illegal in most European countries.
Good luck in finding a recipe from other Americans that doesn't involve selling it to a fast-food 'restaurant'.

Oh right. I forgot this was a Luddite board.

That's not a good deal when you consider the quality is shit and a whole USDA Prime NY Strip can be had at Costco for like $10 a pound

Do you actually know what a Luddite was?

What the fuck is upgraded beef?

Exactly. I love strip. But of course I'm also open to the possibility that there might be some specialized use for tenderloin where the quality doesn't matter but the cut does.

Yes. They opposed mechanization in the UK textile industry during the 1900s.

u dum

eat your shit tier beef for all i care

Hoorah for jewpedia but what does this have to do with Beef Quality.?

19th century, that is.

I wouldn't buy that shit with yellow fat. I am very dubious of low-grade American beef. Personally I would rather eat it less often and spend extra on decent quality.

lol better than yuropoor prion meat tbqh

0/10

>needing to be spoonfed on why unequivocal opposition to industrialization is Luddism

>t. buttmad euro

Being opposed to the industrial revolution has nothing in common with Steroids and other Growth hormones in American Cattle.

Cry all you like - but there is a good reason for it being banned in Europe and the UK.

I got a chuckle out of it.

>prion

leaf beef master race

no steroids, hormones, OR prions

Then why was Canada and Mexico against meat origin labels? You would think they would want to advertise their "superior" beef.

I don't think it's a secret but I can tell tell you this.

Following the decision for the UK to exit the EU Britain has been looking across the globe for extra markets.

Canada, Colombia, Chile and Argentina are prime sites for Beef imports (and have already expressed an interest in dealing with post-Brexit Britain)

When it come to Beef trade the UK has already dismissed the USA as an importer of beef due to the low standards.

because americans are stupid

You kids make it so easy to pick you out of a crowd.

>can't refute
>must resort to babby meme

>no steroids, hormones
This isn't true though. Steroids and hormones aren't restricted in Canadian beef cattle.

Chicken is a different matter. Farmers haven't been able to use growth hormones in chickens for a long time, which makes A&W and other company marketing about "our chicken doesn't have hormones" absurd. No shit, no one does in this country.

DONY BUY UNUPGRADED BEEF

I live in NY, where to cop leaf beef?

what's wrong with yellow fat? a chef at a local restaurant was giving a talk about how the beef he's been getting lately has been phenomenal in terms of flavor and texture and that the fat is yellow

America has a grading system beyond prime as well, just fyi

Also, yellow fat is present in all grass fed beef. Whewps cancuckistan!

Yellow exterior fat is indicative of older animals.

>be me, work at family ranch
>get yearling raised on grass processed for family consumption
>yellow fat

yeah nah

>Yellow exterior fat is indicative of older animals.
Nope.
Not even close.
>t. Rancher

The regulations in N. America were devised for grain-fed animals. Yellow fat in grain-fed cattle is typically rejected by consumers over white fat.

We aren't talking about grass-fed cattle, which clearly has yellow fat because of beta-carotene content in forage. Obviously.

Idiot.

I have no beef (xddd) with you, just trying to state that yellow fat isn't only found in older cattle.

I'm aware that the modern process of grading is based of marketing, not biology.

Terrible advice.
>buy unupgraded beef
>easier to customize
>upgrade it little by little as you get the money/time
>ends up like 30% cheaper overall than pre-upgraded beef

WELL STATED. I RESCIND MY PREVIOUS POST.

What are they?

>he fell for the grass fed meme

there's a reason beef is grain fed, and it isn't that it's cheaper

Great if your time is worthless

It's tenderloin, end of story.

S-sorry, I was trying to be an aggressive prick and regretted using that tone after posting.

Some of that may be unfounded leftover fear from the mad cow outbreak.

Having said that, the agricultural industry has far too much control over the FDA, USDA, and Congress. They influence the regulatory oversight agencies to permit the use of chemical agents in livestock that independent research both in the US and abroad have concluded are known carcinogens. Steroids in both dairy and beef cattle are clearly identified as carcinogens in independent research and the livestock lobby fights tooth and nail against being required to identify their product as containing it. It's why almost every 1st world country bans their use in beef products, and forbids the import of products containing them. Amazing, I know, to an American, that some countries actually care about their citizens when it goes against corporate interests.

The sad fact is, the US govt. of the people has become simply a tool of big money agricultural interests at the expense of not only quality, but safety of produce as well.

Europe and the 1st world countries of Asia are fully justified in banning US beef.

t. An american citizen disgusted at a govt. bought and sold by the highest bidder.

After fukushima the US gov stopped testing meat for radiation daily to monthly