Food for acid

Hi Veeky Forums
I'm trying acid for the first time this Thursday and I want to eat something while i'm tripping. I know that fruit is supposed to be great, but i'd like to prepare something else too. Any suggestions?

Preferably cyanide.

I wouldn't take anything being sold as "acid" today, get shrooms instead.

Eat some fibre and take a poop, coolest feeling ever.

Literally anything
Also this

Eat before you drop acid. It doesn't matter what you cook or what you have on hand. You won't eat it.

sounds like a good idea , thanks for the advice

there are none around as far as i can tell

This. A full 10 - 12 hours later, you will be starving, though you're not going to eat while tripping. Some nice breakfast food is good once you've come down.
You might suck on some hard candies or sip sweetened drinks, but LSD and food just dont go together. Tripping does not give you the munchies.

Eating will be the last thing on your mind while tripping. Might even get so fucked up you forget how to chew and swallow food.

You will not want to eat something while tripping. Your stomach will have a little tension, and all food will seem weird. The most I've ever bothered with was a couple beers to take the edge off, because while i can be fun these is sometimes a little alarm bell in the back of your head going off saying, "This is too weird." That can cause a little anxiety that a couple beers takes off. Beyond that I'd wait until hour 6 or so, when the trip is moving in waves, coming back and going away, before trying to eat much of anything.

eh,

you might

acid's weird

honestly, most of the people ITT are mostly right, with one caveat:

raw fruits and vegetables are really nice to eat, and might change your diet for the better. last time i tripped, i ate a whole head of good, unwashed lettuce with dirt all inside. it was nice.

That tells me you've taken acid and another time you took something else.

You don't eat on lysergic acid diethylamide

don't tell me what i do or do not do on lsd, fucking asshole

In this post we see a perfect example of the kind of personality type that most definitely should not consume LSD.

It ain't like weed. Food sucks on acid. The texture of everything sucks. A buttery croissant turns into a cardboard chew toy.

I made spam on acid. It was hard and after eating it I had some crazy realizations about what spam was and the consumerist culture we live in that would allow something like spam to exist.

Once I start to come down I get the munchies. Fresh fruit is amazing. I also like those mango habanero chips. A nice craft beer would also be awesome.

I once figured our universe was contained in an atom. And the atoms in our world were universes themselves. I decided atom splitting was cruel and murderous.

That's not much different from the current multi-verse theory.

That's LSD for you.

the only reason to put anything in your mouth on acid is to have a trippy sensation. try ice cubes and seltzer and popcorn one tiny peice at a time.

you won't want to actually eat until you come down 12 hrs later.

I absolutely love olives since I tried em for the first time in a long time while on lsd.
Also fruits, like you said. Avoid processed food, it's all about flavor & texture, not at all like the munchies.
Hard candies are pretty great tho, minty stuff too if you're into that.

Fruits are great; novelty tropical fruits like starfruit and mangosteen; pears are amazing, texture is a key part of synaesthesia I have found. I also found overly sweet things a bit much, do custard apple is about on the edge of sweetness that I can stand, the texture saves it. I doubt sweets would have enough depth of texture or flavour to be palatable to me, though pastries are nice. I had very vivid
synaesthesia eating pizza once, like balloons and polyps.

There has never been a better time to be a consumer, bar a few years ago when DNMs were less closely watched. User reviews and reagent tests make it easy to get the real deal. Just take good measures to cover your back.

I fast beforehand, I get nauseated easily.

This attitude shits me, you'd be right at home on 420chan with this arrogant "my experience is singularly correct, you didn't have the Real Acid, it must have been RCs, I am le true psychonaut" arrogant bullshit.

More arrogance.

bump

It's best to eat beforehand in my experience too.
I used to get some orange juice and forced myself to drink some of it every few hours while tripping even if I didn't really feel like it just to get some energy.

Orange Juice is supposed to make the trip better

i once drank a 24 of beer on acid

Jesus I don't think I would take LSD in this day. I'm old. Haven't tripped since the early 90s. Even then shit was starting to go downhill compared to the 80s. Plus again I'm old, I couldn't imagine dropping acid now. My wife n kids would look all weird n shit to me. I'd be tripping contemplating some bullshit thinking I've been awakened yada yada. Fuck it man. Do It!!! Trip balls and eat a bucket of yogurt and fruit!

This..
You can drink and not feel shit from it when you're tripping. Oh you will definitely feel it when you wake up. Especially when the store closes and all you got left is some Pink Grapefruit MD 20/20. One of the top shitiest hangovers I've ever had.

kinda this

op just buy some pizza and put it in the fridge as a good morning suprise

put ricotta on it

mmm truth
emergency margaritas are pretty clutch though

I never eat on acid unless I forgot to eat hours before I started tripping. Had a small crisis about animal cruelty while eating pizza on a non-acid psychedelic so fruit and veggies would be good.

>dirt all inside
I approve of eating dirt but I hope it was organic lettuce

This guy is right, although don't be alarmed if you have absolutely no desire to eat.

You might also experience some nausea during the come-up, perhaps even to the point of vomiting - again don't worry, it's normal and won't do you any harm.

Extreme flavours and textures are very overpowering on psychedelics - things like very dry foods (chips etc) or very sweet/salty/acidic foods are hard to enjoy in my experience.

That said, I find psychedelics are all about exploration and new experiences, so maybe just get a big assortment of small amounts of foods you like (preferably which don't have the aforementioned qualities) and try them all.

You'll want something wholesome and filling for when you've come down, I'd recommend something simple and easy to prepare.

cheese is awesome while on acid

Spam guy here, try Guinness while your head is full of acid. It's wonderful

I usually buy a bag of gummy bears.

>aging hippies on Veeky Forums
hey man you're aight
stay cool

Eat dick you fucking burnout

Dont listen to the people saying that it wont be the real deal and that acid died out long ago: its not true.

I bought some off the darknet markets and tripped with a friend who regularly took it in the 80s as well as on my own twice. Needless to say was absolutely amazed and really liked it (although I couldnt do it do often I think). He said it was absolutely comparable to what they had back then, so there you go.
Regardless of if its still the same, you can definitely have an interesting time doing it.

As to your question: Ive never really enjoyed eating anything on it, but last time I didnt eat enough beforehand and could feel the hole in my stomach immensly strong (what with all the amplified emotions) so I ate some chips. Possibly the most disgusting thing Ive ever eaten but better than being hungry.
So yeah, definitely eat beforehand.
No idea about fresh fruits but sounds pretty amazing. I was too paranoid to leave my room so I couldnt go find some unfortunately. Will remember it next time.

Fruits are fantastic. Try grapes next time. They are fantastic. Any soft juicy fruits are awesome. I'd say avoid things like apples though. Also, the whole "real acid doesn't exist" is ridiculous, I've used a regeant test on every batch I've had and it's never once been not LSD. Test your shit guys, you really don't want to take something thinking it's another thing.

This i ate a pizza once it was the strangest meal i had try thing you can eat easilly the kind you don't even need to chew on and easy to swallow

When I used to take mushrooms I got in the habit of eating them. waiting 20 min or so, then having a long shower. I would usually start to feel it coming on while showering or as I got out of the shower.

A couple times I felt like my body was wet - not just my skin, but as if I had tears running down my face and was pissing myself. I remember chatting with a girl and surreptitiously checking my pants to see if they were dry or if I'd actually pissed them.

I have no interest in mushrooms or anything else these days, but it was a fun time. I have a career and a family now, and those days were definitely more simple and impulsive. I wouldn't want to continue living like that or try to relive that period, but I'm glad I lived it. I'm also glad Veeky Forums and social media weren't around, otherwise I probably would have been a hermit in my dorm living vicariously online, like many people seem to do now.

>When I used to take mushrooms I got in the habit of eating them
well how else would you take them?

lol the period is supposed to be a comma:

>When I used to take mushrooms I got in the habit of eating them, waiting 20 min or so, then having a long shower. I would usually start to feel it coming on while showering or as I got out of the shower.

Ah that makes sense, I do the same with acid, it's such a relaxing feeling to be clean while tripping

Go mad try some Durian thats the best with Acid

Definitely.

I haven't done mushrooms in over 10 years. It's funny, when I was younger I would see how hard I could trip and push through horrible trips and laugh about it after. Now I feel like I'd have a full-blown anxiety trip if it started to turn a little bad.

My last trip was the first time I took mushrooms in the daytime. It was an incredible, amazing experience and totally removed any desire to take mushrooms ever again. No negativity or anything, just a feeling that it was time to move on.

>You'll want something wholesome and filling for when you've come down, I'd recommend something simple and easy to prepare.
I usually make some thick creamy vegetable soup when we trip, it tastes so awesome and good for you when you're coming down.

For the trip, I really have to recommend starburst and some fruit like grapes, oranges, and mango. The starburst are great because each one is so dramatic.

>durian

What the Hell?

The smell of that shit will send you over the edge when you're perfectly straight.

you reckon?

This. Acid does not give you munchies. Mate of mine ordered a pizza while we were all tripping for the first time and it tasted and felt like greasy rubber.

Not a hippy. That was the generation before me user.

Only thing I can ever eat on acid is fruit, frozen blueberries and lingonberries are the best, but if you haven't picked any of those mango is the second best closely followed by oranges.
Get some nice comfy music, cigarettes if you smoke and have a nice time.
If you haven't dropeed already do it early in the morning so you can get to sleep the same day. Sunrise/Sundown is the best thing ever.

I agree with the cigarette part, even if you're not a common smoker, having one on the come up and come down is absolutely blissful

I haven't tripped in 2 years, I'm going to wait till next spring and hopefully the break will make the experience into something brand new again, hopefully somewhere I have access to a fireplace.
Definitely the greatest drug, and the least harmfull if you're not a moron about it.

too true, I've known enough people who've fried out after doing psychedelics every weekend and while it's sad, I cant say I feel sorry for people not using their better judgement. I hope you find that fireplace user, it sounds comfy.

Slice up some good crisp and sweet apples beforehand, like Fuji or honeycrisp.

cigarettes taste like cancer to me on acid

and i often enjoy them

>and I want to eat something while i'm tripping.

No, you will not want to.

Try dried apricots or grapes. Very, very light food. Avoid dairy.

Popsicles. Delicious and easy.

Fuck this guy

Pizza covered in Doritos is the best thing I've ever eaten on Acid

a warm hearty lentail stew was best thing i ever had on lsd

I never feel hungry when tripping.
I once eat something and I just think 'what the fuck with this, why the taste is so wrong'
I eat icecreams and sodas, just really sweet stuffs but others than that won't taste good on trip.