Blackberries

What's your favorite way to eat these bad boys?

objectively the best berry.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hIs5StN8J-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I DONT THINK BLACK BERRIES ARE THAT GREAT. GIVE ME BLUE BERRIES ANY DAY.

I like to use toothpicks and put the blackberries on them to make little blackberry men, then put them on top of some rafts made of bird meat and float it on top of a raging "sea" of blackberries poured into a casserole dish, you can also include an accent of "kraken tentacles" coming out of the berry sea and attacking the rafts and blackberry men, simply use the stem/vine of the blackberry bush, which naturally lends itself to looking like spikey monster legs.

blueberry flavor and texture is not as good as blackberry, the only argument you have is no seeds.

WHAT THE FUCK

Agreed.

With blackberries I prefer to just crush them, strain most of the flesh out, and use that as a sauce for cheesecakes or flavoring whipped cream. There are lots of wild blackberry brambles near me. I wouldn't bother otherwise.

I DISAGREE. I FIND BLUEBERRIES TO HAVE A GREAT DEPTH OF FLAVOR. A CLOYING SWEETNESS BALANCED BY AN ALMOST VINEGARY TANG AND SOUR BITE. BLACKBERRIES ARE MOSTLY JUST SWEET.

>not using iguana meat to make your rafts

strawberries are the best.

I CAN LITERALLY SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT YOUR MOTHER'S TURDS, THAT DOESN'T MEAN THEY ARE BETTER THAN BLACKBERRIES, IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE IT THOUGH

I like them in a nice fruit smoothie.

they're great when they're small, big ones always taste like shit t b h

IM GOING TO HAVE TO DISAGREE AGAIN. I DONT BELIEVE MY MOTHERS FECES SHARE ANY SIMILIARITIES TO BLUEBERRIES. ID THINK YOU WOULD BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND ANY SORT OF OBJECTIVE CONSENSUS ON SHIT TASTING LIKE ANYTHING BUT SHIT. WE WILL HAVE TO AGREE TO DISAGREE MY FRIEND.

In a bowl with milk and a little sugar. Eat like cereal and weep with joy.

I used to do this all the time when I was a kid, blackberries used to grow wild all around our house.

with lots of sugar

100% agreed. Blackberries are honestly my absolute favorite fruit, but they have to be absolutely ripe and super fresh, so people who don't live where they grow have no idea. They're like pears in a way- they're amazingly flavorful if they're perfectly ripe, but they're pretty meh tier if they aren't.

while i think black berries are one of the worst berries i would like it as a smoothie

I live in oregon, so blackberry bushes are practically an infestation here.

I use them to make wine, and then use that wine to make brandy. I've rarely had to add any sugar to the blackberries when turning them into alcohol, but I have on occasion mixed in mango or strawberries.

Blackberry cobbler.
Blackberries are not good as a pie filling due to the amount of moisture released when cooking, but in a cobbler, they excel because the cake topping soaks up the juices once it is cut into.
Great with vanilla ice cream.

Oven temp: 350 or 375 for a 9x13 pan
8” Pan 9”x13” Pan
4 Cups 8 Cups Fresh or thawed blackberries (or marionberries or raspberries)
1 Cup 2 Cups Sugar
½ Cup 2/3 Cup Flour
Mix above ingredients together and put in pan.
Topper:
8” Pan 9”x13” Pan
1 Cup 2 Cups Flour
½ Cup 1 Cup Sugar
1 ½ tsp 1 Tbsp Baking powder
½ tsp 1 tsp Salt
¼ Cup ½ Cup Softened butter
½ Cup 1 Cup Milk
Sift dry ingredients
Add milk & butter all at once (or work butter into dry ingredients first)
Spoon batter over fruit
Sprinkle 2 TBSP (4 TBSP) of sugar mixed with ¼ (1/2) tsp of nutmeg or cinnamon over top of batter.

Bake:
8” Pan 9”x13” Pan
40 min 50 min Or a little longer – until nicely browned and bubbly around the edges.

sorry about formatting, just did a cut/paste of grandma's recipe.

Alright, Veeky Forums.

I hear a lot of you say the flavor is too thin. That you need to reduce it as a sauce to make the flavor potent, then pair it with duck or something.

So, what if you to a good amount of reduced sauce, and used it as some sort of pie filling or cake batter addition?

What I mean to ask is, is there any way to make blackberry the #1 taste in a dessert aside from cobbler or crisp?

Master race coming through

So, did you build a still for distilling the wine to brandy or do you have some other method?

I get hundreds out of my garden every year so I tend to do lots of different things with them, including freezing. One thing I like to do is a cider or white wine jelly with them suspended in the jelly in 3 separate layers and then blended with the jelly for the top layer.

I've done them by rubbing them all over a pork loin. Works surprisingly well actually.

>objectively the best berry
Get fucked.

We get it. You're Norwegian. I bet you feel very clever.

With my stupid mouth.

Literally how the fuck do I read this

From what I can see, first measurement is for 8" pan, second is for a 9x13 pan.

my niggah

jesus you fucking blueberryfags can't go one thread without shitting it up with your second rate shitberry. Blueberries are for cucks. Now fuck off.

Personally I really like raspberries. Loganberries, if you can find them are really delicious too. I just like to have the berries for breakfast by themselves with a cup of mint tea or coffee or something. Sometimes for dessert I will have like a scoop of vanilla ice cream and throw some berries in the bowl.

I'm going to try mixing these into a cranberry sauce this year to help balance the dry/tartness with it's natural sweetness. Good idea or a shit?

Cheesecake, cobbler, or pie. Pick your poison.

OP here, gonna make cobbler like I usually do.

>Driscoll's
Nice.

Why not a pie?

too lazy desu

flour, sugar, and baking powder

melting butter, added some lard for shits and giggles

combine with dry ingredients and some milk

Have any extra? Make your own jelly or jam.

spread into greased pan
Yeah ill probably have some left, already have some blackberry jam, but I didn't make it.

put blackberries on batter, sprinkle with sugar, cover with water, put in the oven.

Not making a sauce?

the liquid, sugar, and berries will sort of combine while baking. this recipe is ez mode.

Pic unrelated is CookingInRussia's pasta sauce with pasta and loads of parm. made it for dinner.

frozen or gtfo

blueberries have shit tier texture

No penne rigata?

wa la
no didn't have any on hand

You need to buy some.

Straight off the bush in my grandmom's backyard back before she got brain cancer and died

I don't eat blackberries anymore

>What are gooseberry

Fuck you so much for chosing the second best berries, how dare you

pretty gud

>Blackberries are banned in America due to a fear of disease

Uh, what? No they aren't

youtu.be/hIs5StN8J-0

more reddit bait

kek.

I'll tell that to the bushes growing in the woods next door.

Did you take your medication today?