Britbong here visiting my cousins in Australia at the moment. Any ausfag-specific fast food places I should try?

Britbong here visiting my cousins in Australia at the moment. Any ausfag-specific fast food places I should try?

I'm staying in Brisbane not too far from the CBD if that helps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BKUyp6s1iW8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The only Aus exclusive fast food joints I can think of is Red Rooster.

Everything else we have you have in the UK.

That is a long flight. How was the food enroute? What airline?

Don't think I've seen a Red Rooster. Worth eating at?

Went with Singapore Airlines and the food was pretty okay. I haven't flown much but it was better than my other experiences. Suffered from being reheated airline food of course but it was more than edible.

Hanaichi brah. They've got a good few locations in Brisbane. Kind of like Japanese fast food. Get the Japanese chicken curry and add some extra chilli to it if you're into spice.

Don't know if they've got Mos Burger in the UK but check one out if you want. Think Japanese McDonalds.

#fuckoffwerefull

This bro knows whats up.

red rooster is pretty mediocre desu

There is a Korean Fried Chicken place (I think it is called Nene) in the city, p good.

Try a Chiko roll, you should be able to get it from any fish n chip shop or independent deep fried takeaway joint. They look gross but cheap and pretty tasty.

Burroughs of NY is a good place to go for a 'Za.

Grilled is a popular burger chain, personal I think it's quite overrated/overpriced but a lot of people love it so might be worth a try.

KFC is quite good in Australia, you get actually chips rather than fries which is nice.

Tbh most of the best food is ethnic stuff, I recommend getting something greek, turkish or middle eastern at either south bank or west end, chill af.

Pretty much all of our fast food is God tier desu.

Hungry Jacks is your Burger King and fucking shits on it imho.

Red Rooster is a national chain, pretty good. Get yourself a chicken cheeseburger, fucking love them.

Australian KFC will blow your mind. I've browsed the international menus and we have elite tier Kentucky Fried. Seriously, better than the US.

Aussie McDonald's or "Maccas" is really good too. Try the "Clubhouse" if they are running the promotion or of you want a real taste of Australiana then find the burger with beetroot.

>Seriously, better than the US.
I like your confidence.

Not sure if you have it in Qld, but in WA we have Chicken Treat. Basically like red rooster, rotisserie grilled chicken. Also, their fried chicken btfo KFC's.
Try to avoid KFC, it's pretty expensive.
Try Grill'd for burgers, and Zambreros for burritos

I'll have to check them out. Google says there's a couple of both pretty close to me. Haven't heard of any Mos Burger places being open in the UK and it looks interesting.

We made you.

I'll skip it then.

I actually went to Grilled! On the first night I was here my uncle picked me up at the airport and said we would eat on the way home so that I could just basically go straight to sleep when I got to their place and we went to Grilled.

That's interesting. I was going to kind of just skip over Mcdonalds and Hungry Jacks but maybe I'll see what they've got. I don't have an endless number of days to just eat my way around town but I will give some stuff a go.

I pretty much don't eat fast food back home but all the Veeky Forums fast food threads made me think that if I visited America there were some chains I wanted to try and then I just thought I might as well do the same thing here in Australia.

>you get actually chips rather than fries which is nice.
In the united states of america I thought the norm was mashed potatoes in a KFC. Not sure if that was the "instead" that you were mentioning. also haven't eaten in at a united states of america KFC for ... thinking... 20 years.

Australia doesnt really have cuisine. Theres nothing genuinely Australian.

>no mention of Schnitz

Try telling them that.
youtube.com/watch?v=BKUyp6s1iW8

I've taken to calling "yerba mate", "yurba, mate!" calling it an Austrailian thing. During the Emu War the Emus were nicknamed "yerbs". Blah blah yada yada, yerba, mate!
The blah blah blahs aren't completely figured out, but I do it dead pan and ppl buy it.

Is that kitchen nightmares relevant?

Im aus and i genuinely dont think we have a cuisine. Too late to the world + American influence on a British background.

And what the hell are you talking about

We sorta do but it's not like expressly written down, most of it is just barbecuing and seafood. Then you throw in tropical shit for queensland things, mangos, bananas, pineapple, etc. You gotta keep the food super light if it's hot. Most of our effort has gone into beer. Something for hot weather.

Then we got every ethnicity under the sun here which does their own dishes with a lazy western spin.

get a couple sossy rolls and powerade from the servo and maybe a cherry ripe for after if your still fangin

Nah, it's not really relevant, it's just funny.

You have a cuisine, look for it. Stop self hating like white cultures do. Your American and British influences don't define you. And I'm saying this as an American. Your takes on those cuisines defines you.
Own it. Be proud of it. Even if it's just your take on a meat pie.
The "hell I'm talking about" is just pic related. Fucking banter. I'm fucking with people. It's bants. Learn to bant. Isn't that like a middle school requirement in Aus?!

most aussies on Veeky Forums are not true aussies but australian-culture-hating autists

I meant exclusive cuisine or developed in Australia, not the broader cuisine.

pic realated

>what is kangaroo
>what is crocodile
>what is morton bay bug

pleb tier fag

Try the hot and spicy at KFC sice you're in Queensland.
Since it's Tuesday you can get 12 pieces for $12.95.

True i guess, never had crocodile though. Or mbb (cbf travelling to get it)

I think they get potato wedges?
We get mashed potato and gravy as well as chips with delicious seasoning.

If you can get to Wellington Point, try Roasties (USA BBQ place) or for a delicious burger try Burger Fuel.

U neva had a chicken parmy mate??
Probs neva bin to schnitz n titz either....

Does Brisbane have viet ghettos? If it does, get the pho.

We don't have many good Aus only fast food places like the states do. But there is alot of good food to try here. Kangaroo is really nice and actually pretty healthy. Flat head is a really good fish, and morton bay bugs and balmain bugs are extremely good, but expensive.

2nd for burger fuel, It's actaully a Kiwi brand but NZ is pretty much a funny sounding Aus.

it's shitz tho

Grilld is a good place for burgers, no idea if they are in the UK

Went to a great farmer's market down by the river in Brisbane. Some old azn lady made the best potstickers, and there was a nice Croat man selling sausages. We got a few, some nice mushrooms and cheese, and fresh eggs, and made a big breakfast bake thing for an early dinner.

Also riding around on those river catamaran things is chill a f.

>ctrl+F
>"bunnings sausage sizzle"
>no results

cunts...

australia has a cuisine?