Does anybody like this place? I worked there for years...

Does anybody like this place? I worked there for years, and up until about a year ago we made 80% of the menu from scratch. I have a lot of recipes memorized. Who wants corporate restaurant secrets?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_PpZarebqCo&ab_channel=AlmazanKitchen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do.

Ranch dressing.

2 gallons mayo
1 gallon buttermilk
3 tablespoons iodized salt
2 tablespoons + 3/4 teaspoon granulated onion, granulated garlic, and coarse ground black pepper
1.5 tablespoon cayenne pepper

Should be easy enough to breakdown to a usable amount.

Pretend I'm retarded, how would i break that down?

Awe come on bro. Don't open with ranch dressing.
I appreciate an user who's dishing out recipes, but don't open with that.

Most of the seasonings are shipped in foil bags from centralized distributors. I do know that chef Paul Prudhomme was consulted and his "Magic" line of seasonings available widely are very similar to the ones they use.

it's an easy one. And I know it well, having made literally about 15,000 thousand gallons over the the last ten years.

I dunno, did you pass 5th grade? It's dividing and fractions. Use pic for reference.

Recipe posted makes 3 gallons, divide by four to make 6 cups.

Prime rib.

Boneless beef ribeye roast, lip on.

Blot loin dry with paper towels, cook at 225° until internal temperature of 122° is achieved. Rest in oven at 140° for one hour until temp reaches approximately 135°. Slice to order.

The question that really needs answering. The sauce for the blooming onions?

Bleu cheese dressing.

4 gallons mayo
1/2 gallon buttermilk
5 lbs sour cream
1 cup heinz tarragon vinegar
3 Tbs salt
2 Tbs coarse black pepper
1 Tbs granulated garlic
Mix until blended, fold in six lbs hand crumbled bleu cheese.

That's a tough one because one of the primary ingredients is proprietary. Here is what I know

4 gallons mayo
3 quarts milk
3 quarts prepared horseradish
4.5 tsp Franks hot sauce
4.5 cups "house seasoning"

I know the primary ingredient in house seasoning is paprika by the color. The bag lists salt, garlic, onion, and "spices". See for clues.

bloomin onion recipe would be nice too

Their Mac and cheese is aight, post that shit op

onions are cut using pic related and soaked overnight in ice water. Drain onion to relatively dry and dust in "bloom flour" which is 4 parts AP flour to one part of the aforementioned house seasoning. Dunk in egg wash (10 eggs beaten with 1 gallon milk), drain excess wash. Return to bloom flour and coat being sure to get flour in all the petals. All petals should be separated and onion should have a dry appearance before dropping into deep fryer cut side down at 350° for 2 minutes. Turn onion over and cook for an additional two minutes. Drain oil, core, drop in ramekin of sauce, and serve.

Fun fact, deep fryers are packed with pure beef tallow.

I've been trying to make a good onion ring sauce for a while and even the milk and Frank's I wouldn't have thought of. This is good stuff.

Easy. 1/4 cup heavy cream and 2oz by weight Velveeta. Heat gently to combine and add 6ozs cooked penne pasta.

Jesus Christ this is easy as fuck as are all these 'recipes'

Yep. This is what Americans pay $20+ a person for.

Why the fuck do people go to these restaurants? I will never understand it. The ambiance isn't that great and the food is mediocre. Why not go somewhere actually nice?

Smaller towns may not have good restaurants outside of diners. My town has better places, but cost twice as much. The city north of here has a place for the same price thats far better, but having to drive 20 miles out of my way for dinner besides dates is a waste
I always go to that city for dates tho; one of the best small towns in america desu (corning, NY)

Another fun fact, a couple years ago, Outback downgraded from choice to select tenderloin aka "filet mignon" but kept prices the same. Having handled a lot of steaks the difference in quality is obvious. So if you order a filet and it sucks, that's why. Everything else is still choice though. I've seen some amazing ribeyes come through lately.

thanks for these recipes man

Don't forget that these corporate restaurants have one responsibility. Make money for the shareholders. And that means employing as many minimum wage workers as possible and compromising on quality wherever they think they can get away with it.

I started with outback when they were still privately held. I took pride in what I did and was paid decently for a kid with no training or education. Work ethic, smarts, and talent allowed me to rise quickly and become a regional boh training director. A couple years after the company went public my position was eliminated and I was given the choice of a severance package or become an operator. Not long after that all the "chef made" (our euphemism for factory made) items started rolling out. Quite amusing to me is how the company began to struggle right around the time all these changes were made.

as much as my internal sense of justice wants to say there's a corollary, it's more likely they started the Chef-Made nonsense specifically because the company was already struggling. Same for going Outback is in a crowded market. They also never correctly leveraged the fact they scratch made everything in marketing, because I sure as fuck had no idea and if you say "we make this shit from scratch" you can charge a premium or at the very least market the shit out of that. As it was, they were putting in extra work but only passing themselves off as another casual dining restaurant albiet with a cheesy Strayan theme. Which is noble in it's own way and I can respect it, but nobility doesn't keep the doors open, business is cutthroat.

They should have been crowing the fact they scratch made a lot of their stuff to the high heavens.

The official reason for "chef made" product was to allow transition from dinner only to lunch and dinner. Honestly it makes sense as we were bringing in a three man prep crew at 9:00 in the morning to open at 4 pm and that shit would not work for an 11 am open. And I agree that going after the lunch market was probably because the company was starting to see declining sales. Further, you could not be more right about the utter failure of the company to market our scratch kitchen.

That's life though and I've got a family to support now so I'll stick around until something better comes up.

Glad you enjoy. Here is one of my favorites.

Baked potato soup

2 gallons + 2.5 qts water
1 cup + 2 Tbs nestle chicken base
2 tsp salt
1.5 tsp coarse black pepper
2 tsp dried basil

3 lbs diced onion
2lbs 10ozs butter
22 ozs AP flour

12 lbs baked potatoes (usually leftover from previous night's service) peeled and 1/2 inch diced
1 qt heavy cream

Start water, spices and base on high to boil. Meanwhile cook onions in butter until translucent. Add flour to make roux and cook very light blond. Add to broth and spices and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer, add potatoes and return to simmer. Finish with cream.

Why is there one in every Eastern city except Melbourne?

I want to try a bloomin onion.

Used to enjoy going there when we had them in Bongland.

The honey malt loaf with the tomato relish and the chocolate thunder were my kryptonite.

Do Hindus or vegetarians ever eat at Outback steakhouse?

Yes.
t. Hindu

What's the seasoning for the Bloomin Onion?

OUTBACK IS OK. THEY DO A DECENT STEAK. NOT GREAT BUT OK. ITS OVERPRICED THOUGH. HOWEVER, THEIR MACARONI AND CHEESE IS GREAT.

My condolences.

This you faggot op, why the fuck are you not telling us the bloomin onion recipe?

>Why the fuck do people go to these restaurants?

To get a steak?

Every Outback I've been to has been clean, has had a courteous staff, and has offered decent service for a reasonably priced product. Some places don't have many options for a steak, and Outback is often times the best, if not only, choice.

i like outback but they are too expensive for what you get imo. that bloomin onion is dank though

See

>no seasoning
awful as fuck.

how do i make those mushrooms?

We do get vegetarians a lot. I made a vegetarian server cry when I told her the French fries she ordered everyday were fried in pure beef fat. Also shocked a Muslim hostess when I told her the clam chowder was cooked in bacon. Good times.

I don't have the proportions memorized but I remember the ingredients and method. Will post in a bit.

Different outbacker here, we season our prime rib these days, not really sure what the seasoning is though. Also spot on recipes, OP, im an am prepper. I'll share one, good old blue cheese vinaigrette (one of the few dressings we still make from scratch):

3 cups of rice wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups of balsamic vinegar
11oz of brown sugar
3oz of fresh basil
6oz of chopped garlic
3tbsp kosher salt
3tbsp of garlic pepper seasoning
6tbsp of oregano
20 oz of blue cheese
9 cups of vegetable oil

put everything in a blender (you may need halve these amounts as this is made for a large industrial blender) except the blue cheese and oil. blend on high 30sec, then add the cheese and blend on high another 30sec. then blend on medium while slowly pouring the oil in.

Based thread. Does their macaroni and cheese actually use Velveta or is that just a meme?

>based thread
>didn't even read the thread and see that his question has been answered

Whoopsie, I missed it. Sorry.

Ignorant flyovers don't know any better.

>the fucking lunch menu

Jesus fucking christ I hate expanding to lunch.

My shitty hotel 'bistro' "kitchen" is doing this now, we do a limited 6 item lunch menu made of ez pz shit the front desk can slap together, or just stick into the ezbakeoven 9000 to heat up.

But what they don't give us is more people and more time

So we have to clean and prep for lunch at the same time, and turn that shit around in ~2 hrs.

Fortunately we can pre-prep most of our prep and keep it ready to unload in the walk in. It's just little containers of cheeses, sauces, condiments, etc.

PS: don't eat at a corporate hotel "restaraunt". seriously, they pulled me from night audit to fill in at the Bistro, gave me no actual training at cooking, and threw me at handling breakfast services alone in 2 weeks. Fortunately it's just cooking eggs and shit, so even for a gimp like me who had never cooked a day in his life I picked it up quick (after observing the actual cooks carefully because I had a suspicion that shit was going to happen)

I kind of like it better than the desk now. No one can fuck you in a kitchen except for you.

dude you tryna get fired?

I hope you warned that muslim before she ate any of it, they can sue for that shit

Seems like it should be their responsibility to ask, not the restaurants to assume.

i ordered a steak from there once with a cup of shrooms on the side. the shrooms were better than the steak. i will hold you to an answer on this one, op.

How do you make the sautéed mushrooms?

>up until about a year ago we made 80% of the menu from scratch
>croutons changed about a year ago
whats the recipe for the croutons or atleast what brand are they if you buy them?

>15,000 thousand
>15 million gallons of ranch dressing

Christ

youtube.com/watch?v=_PpZarebqCo&ab_channel=AlmazanKitchen

i cook mine myself, in the forest

place was good when I was a kid 20 years ago, now the food is just complete ass, went there twice in the last couple of years, never again.

this is why you don't eat at restaurants often folks.

go look up the grams of fat in an omelet at IHOP? you think you were eating healthy w/ that garden omelete? no, you just took in 2 days worth of calories by eating that, 70g of fat.

best to break it down into ounces (gal: 128) and grams

there's no way that's the ranch recipe. ranch has dill, chives, etc.