What do, Veeky Forums? Disgusting housemate?

>Be living in shared house with three others
>One moved in with us at start of school year, round august, B
>Two high school friends and I moved in since mid -June, M, and N
>B uses his own cooking shit, doesn't leave an unreasonable mess (Empty Keurig cups, the likes) No problems with him. He always asks before using my stuff.
>M uses my stuff no problem, occasionally forgets to clean it/put it back but that's only when he leaves for the weekend. Always apologizes and cleans it when he gets back.
>N is a nightmare
>Shit left around the kitchen. Grocery bags, candy bags, empty two liters of soda
>Especially when the trash can is right there. Not even two feet away from counter.
>When trash bag is full instead of taking it out he just leaves it on counter (He does that anyways) if he can't manage to stuff any more shit into it
>Uses pots/pans/bowls/knives and never washes them until DAYS later
>Talked with him multiple times. His bullshit excuse is always "I'm too tired/don't have enough time."
>Started throwing his empty trash in his room
The fucker just leaves it in there. Amazing.
>When confronted about how that's a bullshit excuse he gets super pissed and doesn't see any reason as to how he has plenty of time to clean it if he has time to cook with it.
>Told the whole house no one uses my shit anymore because it never gets cleaned and returned (Told M and B in private they can still use it because they're actual adults about it)
>Three days go by, notice my pan is used and not cleaned
>Ask whole group even though I know it's N
pic related

Do I have to put my skillets under lock and key or something? How do housemates and I fix this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TCNqKrX1sx8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kick him out, dumbass.

Get a real job and stop going to school like a fucking chump. If you must go to school because you just gotta be a cool guy, leave good cookware with mom and dad and use trash, like normal students. And if you're not going to school and living with three other people, you're just a dum dum and you should move back in with your parents.

We can't until our lease is up this June. So we're fucked for now, and he just keeps getting more comfortable with being disgusting.

Kick his ass, dumbass.

Just take care of it FMJ style.

youtu.be/TCNqKrX1sx8

Be an ass and ruin your friendship over a pan

>Uses pots/pans/bowls/knives and never washes them until DAYS later

I see this complaint in all these threads and honestly, at least he's cleaning them. There's nothing wrong with letting dishes sit around for a while as long as the original user eventually cleans up.

Keep your cooking pans in your room.

If he leaves his dirty kitchenware in the sink for more than 2 days, take it out and dump it on his bed.

>Eventually cleans them up
I wouldn't care if they were his dishes, because I don't use his dishes. But he relies fully on the idea that when I need to use them, I'll just clean them.

I like the way you think.

It's fine to do that if you live alone.
But when you live with others you're either essentially hogging plates/pans/etc no one else can use until you decide to clean them (if you share your cooking items), or if you use your own shit, taking up space on the counter or in the sink.
If you use your own items, and store them in your own room until you feel like cleaning, that's okay IMO.

Kill yourself OP. You seem like a shit friend.

why dont you do something about it you fucking faggot? instead of posting in an anonymous imageboard? or are you a physically weak beta fag

A bit early in the morning for b8?

I guess it could be worse, sure, but it's still generally inconsiderate of your roommates and slobby to do that. They should be cleaned within 24 hours but ideally right after use.

Yeah I'd put them under lock and key. Advise roommates to do the same. Make sure your lock is a good one and works.

N sounds like a fat fuck. If the fat fuck doesn't want to take even the slightest effort in learning how to properly feed themselves, then let them suffer. You're not their fucking parents.

As for you lease, if you haven't done so already, review the damn thing. Try to find something you can get him kicked out for. Take it to student legal services if you have one. My college does and they're pretty awesome.

>implying you are/must be friends with people you are living with
>implying circumstances cannot force you into a shitty living situation with shitty people
pic related

It's almost 2 AM where I live. But I decided to be nice before going to bed. I hope they enjoy all the (You)'s.

>Somebody uses something you own and does not take care of it
Kill yourselves you spineless faggots.
OP has no problem with other people using his shit, clearly, since his other roommates do. He has a problem with a messy fucking slob that never cleans anything leaving grease in a pan to sit for 4 days.

I'm fucking glad I don't need roommate anymore because shitwipes like you would always ruin it for everybody else. Be a goddamn adult and clean up after yourself, ESPECIALLY when using other peoples things.

OP is going to an image board to complain about his roommates because they're dirtying his pans. There has been WAY more worse stories on this board about roommates and this is absolutely nothing. Did OP /really/ expect to have perfect roommates his whole life? Grow up OP, no one is fucking perfect to live with. Everyone has had a shitty roommate. Either stop being a beta fag and say shit to him more stern, be a big boy and move out, or shut up and don't post on this board. This board is cooking related, just because a pan is in your story doesn't mean you should rant about your roommate. Shut up you whiny beta.

your roommate is probably too depressed to clean up after theirself. i'll probably get shit on for this post but i used to be like that.

And that's an excuse?

Fuck I hate depressed faggots. Bunch of lazy fucks with victim complexes.

>Gets depressed, so doesn't clean. Lives in a filthy garbage dump of his own making and gets depressed, so doesn't clean. Lives in.....

They're in no way disgusting and I usually get along well with them but a roommate and his girlfriend keep hoarding dishes and cutlery in their bedroom.
They often take it far enough that we don't have any clean stuff in the kitchen and it forced me to keep my own cutlery separately in my own bedroom. At least that won't be a problem for long since they're planning to move out.

I'm not going to read all that, I'm just going to call you a faggot.

>you're grocery shopping
Please learn the language you are writing

>How do housemates and I fix this?

I bought my own house. Fixed all my roommate problems.

>you are grocery shopping

I am now grocery shopping.

Call his mom or kick him out this is why you dont find room mates on \b\

I'm with you OP.

Nobody uses my shit because I've paid for it all myself, much higher quality than the things that come with the house and because people, by and large, don't clean it up right away.
I have friends that do lock their equipment up because of shitty housemates.

Currently living with 3 others in final year in college. It is our 6th year and still astounds me that people haven't grown up and learned how to clean and be responsible yet.
1 person is good enough, but rarely does communal chores like taking bins out.
The other 2 are fairly poor. Constant cups, trash left all over the place. Pots not cleaned for days after because >waa I'm too tired
And another very annoying habit where they use a bunch of shit, leave it on all the counters so I pile it over by the sink to clear space. They then forget that they've used it, nobody cleans it because nobody thinks it's theirs, and they get pissy when you call them out on it

why doesn't he use his own pots/pans/whatever? if he doesn't have any, just put your shit behind a lock and see how he reacts

1. Go to the dollar store
2. Buy them a cheap piece of shit pan
3. Get the fuck over it and move on

Alright OP, I used to be the worst roommate when it came to cleaning dishes, like leaving all my dirty plates/pans in the sink and would only clean them if I had to use them. And yes, we shared them. I'm not proud of these days.
Let me tell you how my roommate fixed my disgusting habit.

He just played along and stopped cleaning dishes on his side too. I was like, alright, I can play this game, I know I'm filthy and don't give that much of a shit.

But it went really overboard. Like after a few weeks, there was mold on everything in the sink. Any mug would smell like mold, all the bamboo/wooden spoon would be black. The pans were constantly oily and disgusting. If you took something from the sink, a cloud of toxic waste and rot would just engulf your nose.

He won, I started to clean right after cooking/eating, and kept the habit to this day.

If he's a real slob, once the sink turned into toxic mush, scoop it and throw everything on his bed.

Good luck, it takes time. And remove your good cooking ware to put it in your room, leave only the shitty stuff you don't care about.

I doubt he's depressed because his house is a little less clean than he would like. My house has been its dirtiest when I was at my best, because I never had time to clean since I was doing exciting shit all the time. I'm depressed as fuck now though and my house is clean as fuck since I barely do anything.

You know what, fuck you.

You've clearly never cooked your own outside your parents house.
When people use cooking utensils and doesn't clean it right away, it means that YOU have to clean it, because YOU will likely be using it next.

If you think thats ok you're either a basement dweller or spineless manchild.

That was M, not my writing.
He'd rather buy vidya and junk food than spend $15 on a pan for himself.

Fuck him in the butt.

This might honestly solve your problem OP

Yell at him. Actually get right the fuck up in his face and yell at him.

THIS IS A HUMOROUS STORY.

>implying "stern" talking will work
>implying OP can afford to move out

Admittedly not cooking related though. Enjoy your (You).

same thing happened to me. I just started leaving my dishes dirty until the next time i wanted to use them.
and i threw their dirty dishes in a bucket if they started piling up on mine.

>Do I have to put my skillets under lock and key or something?
I did.

ok, then don't let him use them. easy solution

As someone who used to be a lot like N I can tell you that nothing you say will fix it. This behavior has been ingrained in him after decades of shitty parenting and he will not fix himself until he is forced to fix himself.

This was a good read. Glad you broke the habit bro.

I have OCD brought on by anxiety (under control) and have to clean my dishes immediately after using them. At most I let me french press chill in the sink until I'm home from work, but otherwise the sink has to be empty.

Never understood people that have an opposition to doing the dishes. I have a dishwasher and never used it once. I like doing the dishes. Throw on a podcast and go to town.

>Never understood people that have an opposition to doing the dishes.
A very low aversion to see a messy room. Seeing a clean room didn't bring me any kind of accomplishment or satisfaction feeling, so even the tiniest effort would be already not worth it.

My previous flatsmates let me do this kind of thing too, so the habit pretty much set in. My parents made me clean things when I grew up at home, but this education didn't stick, clearly.

Besides, since I did some chores (like fixing a few things in the appartment, dealing with some bills), I felt the mild inconvenience I caused with those dishes was already pretty much "payed for" in some way.

I guess it's part of growing up and living with others, anyway.

>TL;DR
Some people simply don't give a fuck.

>I'm sad so I'll drag down everyone else I live with
>This is a validate excuse

I had shit luck with roommates, fortunately I only had to deal with them as a living situation for two years during graduate coursework:

>first roommates
>two undergrad business stoners who thought they were super intellectual and deep despite doing shit like huffing whippets
>got along at first
>shit turned ugly when they started to scrape up my pots, pans, and glassware and never washed
>confronted them about it but they tried to blame sinks full of dishes on me by arguing because one cup of mine was in there it meant it was "my turn" to do their 30-odd dirty dishes
>I had stomach issues at the time so the fuckers were absolutely the perps of the messes since I didn't eat and only drank bottled water
>finally snapped when they got munchies, cooked a giant vat of pasta and shit, and left me an over-piled double sink of dishes to clean up when they went home for spring break
>fairly cleaned the 3 cups, two plates, and two forks I used out of the pile
>collected their dishes and put them inside the vat they used, moved it on the floor for them to clean when they came back
>first thing they do when they come back is scream at me about how I didn't do their dishes
>call me immature
>because I wasn't their bitch they proceed to do passive aggressive shit like break my heirloom glass cups that they leave in the sink when they did the dishes
>"Guys, why are you breaking my things?"
>"It's your fault for not doing these dishes, user. If you did the (their) dishes, your shit wouldn't be broken. It was an accident when you force us to clean."
>eventually they ran out of my heirloom cups to break, and hell, it wouldn't look like "accidents" anymore if they broke my plates so the breaking stopped
>never resolved my hatred of these brats

Lived with one guy once who I knew was messy, so we all agreed on doing a cleaning rota, with the aim of him actually being responsible for doing dishes and knowing when he had to do them.
It didn't work

Me and the other guy would do every dirty dish from that day on our days, but the messy guy would wait until everything in the house is dirty before doing his turn. That could take a week or two.

And once he'd built up a decent amount of dirty dishes, he just stopped using bins too and put trash into the heap as well. Those empty bottles are the start of it and you can clearly see a bin right under the counter.

I've seen stuff piled up all the way to the edge of the counter on the right before he ever cleaned them.

He also never realised that he was doing about 80% of the dish washing because he let it build up for himself, so being lazy actually made him do more work

>second roommate
>bio ungrad momma's boy with a bariatric lap band
>wasn't supposed to eat shit food but did so on a frequent basis, this caused him to regurgitate food
>his dad would drive 3 hours to take him grocery shopping to stockpile frozen veg and chicken breast which took up major fridge space
>never ate it
>always ordered takeout or used campus money to get quick food at the college cafeterias
>when he did cook he did stupid shit like smoke up the apartment trying to cook chicken breast with my expensive olive oils
>cleaned infrequently but not as bad as my first roommates
>however soon enough my cups and bowls weren't turning up, silverware was low as well
>asked roomie politely to return them
>seemed to brush me off
>they were my good chinese style bowls too
>gave him a week
>get impatient waiting for him and go into his room while he's at class
>the smell hits me
>trash everywhere
>find some of my dishes with remnants of food like dry old chicken bones
>find bowls and cups with what I can only describe as...goop
>roomie was binge eating junk food and regurgitating the chewed food back into my bowls and cups
>try not to vomit
>when he gets home tell him to immediately clean
>super embarrassed, "washes" the dishes but I disinfect them with bleach and let them soak in a solution for 24 hours

People are fucking vile.

Oh, forgot to mention his "tuna surprise" specialty dish:
>get pot
>fill almost to the top with water
>turn heat to maximum
>bring to rolling boil
>dump in instant ramen
>walk away from stove
>let ramen overcook
>add in canned tuna
>walk away from stove
>allow pot to overboil splattering boiled tuna juice under stove grills
>make apartment effectively smell like rancid pussy stank
>WA LA!

Hold on, you let stoners break your heirloom glasses and some retard who only ate shitty food take your China? I would've beat the shit out of the fucks breaking my glasses, that's fucked up.

Remind me of my time living with other people.
>I have two set of cooking stuff because I've lived out of home long enough that the set I bought with my parents didn't do it anymore
>The most expansive set is usually on display and off limit to other people
>The cheap stuff is in the cupboards and as long as they are washed after use anybody can use them
>Come back home one day to the smell of burning plastic
>One of the roomated decided to show off to a girl and used my copper pan
>It's a fucking slab of metal yet the retard didn't take precaution with the handle so he burned himself
>the pan fall on the plastic covering from some vegetable he was cooking which promptly melt and fuse with the pan as it cool down
>Retard take the closest knife which happen to be one of the nicer one to try to scrape off the semi-liquid plastic from the pan
>The knife chip and one the piece get lodged in his hand
>Blame me for everything because even though I told him to not use those I should have also told him metal get hot when heated
And this is why you never actually buy nice stuff when you live with other people.

>I would've beat the shit out of the fucks breaking my glasses
Honestly, this. This story triggered me the fuck up.

It's not even about the broken glasses, but their fucking attitude.

You sound like a little bitch OP. Who honestly gives this much of a fuck? Either leave your kitchenware in your room so it doesn't get used, or suck it the fuck up and accept that some people live like pigs. Sure as shit ain't worth losing a "high school friend" over.

>having to clean after your slob roommate because you can't handle him
>try to justify the shame of being his little kitchen bitch by "some people just live like pigs" and that there's nothing to be done.

OP is trying to handle his shit, props for him.