Smart Contracts 4 Governance

Hey Biz,

I am being given an opportunity to pitch a head of state Smart Contracts using chainlinks decentralized oracle network. The main points I am making are focused around efficiency, reducing overall workforce and pension burden, its ability to enforce execution of services and end corruption, etc. etc. If you autists are up for it I'd be glad to hear your use case arguments for chainlink in government as well as any pertinent links to articles and journals describing its use case potential for government.

Attached: SINGULARITYLINK.jpg (900x675, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

capgemini.com/consulting-de/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2017/08/smart_contracts_paper_long_0.pdf
betterworkingworld.ey.com/digital/how-blockchain-can-help-create-better-public-services
capgemini.ft.com/trend-checking/what-blockchain-can-do-for-government_f-92.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's too early to talk about smart contracts replacing governments. Not that it's impossible, exactly the opposite. But crypto isn't strong enough to handle the fight if some big boys start to feel threatened

shut the fuck up with the chainlink threads
fuck. off.
you're not wanted on biz and you're not wanted on the discord either

brainlet, I'm not talking replacement, I'm talking adoption on an integrated scale to save taxpayers money and end corruption.

Fuck me, this is how it fails. Some fucking politician will find out this is gonna cost jobs (because efficiency always does) and they're gonna go fear monger to their career politician colleagues.

They only ever worry about reelection, user. Focusing on efficiency etc may very well backfire

LARP but still, make sure you tell him (or her, it could be a shit country) that

1.) Link's odour will remain

2.) Said odour is distinctly malodorous

3.) A price per LINK of 3,444.85₪ is reachable by end Q4 2018

the guy I'm meeting wants to kill jobs and make govt smaller and more efficient.

not larp and its firstworld.

this guy is self made super rich, doesn't care about reelection, only interested in draining the swamp, not trump btw, but same flag

Attached: SINGULARITYLINK1C.jpg (900x675, 211K)

Attached: SINGULARITYLINK1B.jpg (900x675, 289K)

come on biz, give me something, where the link marines at?

It’ll create a fairer system that can’t be cheated. Because the system is more efficient, the population can be taxed less to achieve the same results, pouring even more money into the economy, anxiety with certain institutions will be reduced, people will have more free time to pursue hobbies and spend time with family this increasing overall happiness, and other things.

A financial times article said that Swift thinks blockchain is not ready yet. Linkies BTFO

Just show them this

Attached: 9567439D-840E-46B9-8334-A79D99F0EA4A.png (949x854, 132K)

And this.

Heil hitler

Attached: 04F1482A-5E9C-4602-9E10-3BEE919F3D47.jpg (482x539, 120K)

check this out op.. maybe it'll help.

capgemini.com/consulting-de/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2017/08/smart_contracts_paper_long_0.pdf

thanks user, this is what I was looking for

I have no information to offer, only my energy and my meager oc

Attached: e9ASJbl copy.jpg (706x480, 158K)

I'm writing a law school paper on uses for blockchain in public interest right now.

Efficiency in government services. One of the bigget hurdles in getting anything in government and dealing with government is multiple centralized offices holding information and it taking time to get information from each of these offices. I have to go to the DMV I fill out the same stupid forms with all my identifying information having simple information like this placed onto blockchain would make it just as easy to obtain my information for the DMV as it is for the welfare office.

Efficiency in government resources. say you have people getting public assistance, public assistance is cut off instantly when someone goes to prison. Containing information on blockchain for citizens allows the government to instantly cut off assistance payments when someone enters the prison system, saving money by not sending out additional payments, not having to have workers who keep track of the system to cut off payments, etc.

can you email me some of your work? ill give you a protonmail if interested

srsly interested in your intel user. I'd be glad to cite you in the presentation if you are interested.

Unfortunately I'm in the early stages and I've just started writing, with nothing about the use cases in my paper yet only about blockchain in general.

But here's some links I found online that are relevant to what you're looking for.

betterworkingworld.ey.com/digital/how-blockchain-can-help-create-better-public-services

capgemini.ft.com/trend-checking/what-blockchain-can-do-for-government_f-92.html

The second better lays out what I was saying about utilizing blockchain and smart contracts for identity and efficiency.

I don't have any scholarly articles to cite, but I can form a coherent argument at least. Idk if it's obvious, but smart contracts do save time and money when implemented properly. The code is law. This can be a bad thing if you have complex code that wasn't audited, but let's leave the smart contract hack aspect out of this for now, as it's not a major problem once you get more/better Solidity devs or when more blockchain programming languages pop up. So now we have contracts that execute whenever the pre-determined conditions are met. Thus alone would save a good chunk of change on filing forms in triplicate and getting 5 different people to stamp them, but what can smart contracts do? At first glance, it would just seem that they can move money around. Which is a big deal, but isn't necessarily world changing on its own. The thing is they can also be used to move information around. Which means they can do most of what a government does. Alright, all that was just to say that smart contracts have enormous potential in case there was any doubt. Now if you're trusting government level functions to a bunch of code, you're going to want to make damn sure the information being passed into the contracts is accurate. This is a huge problem. Even if you trust a source 100%, do you trust their security? A malicious entity could hack your provider, the transit layer between your provider and the contract, or even where your provider gets their information. So instead of trusting one, you trust three, or six, or nine, and then let the majority rule. But that still has problems. The data sources are still in one place, or 3, or whatever number. It doesn't matter because they can still be hacked/are not 100% reliable. Chainlink allows a decentralized network of information providers as inputs to your smart contracts, rewarding the correct ones and penalizing the wrong ones. No one is going to give away their money to make sure Johnny Bigshot makes his numbers this year

thanks anons. good stuff all around.

Are you pitching Paul Nehlen?

no, I am pitching someone who actually has say over a large system of government.

shameless self bamp

Barron?

Attached: Barron Trump meme magic.jpg (3166x2832, 3.98M)

>Scholarly articles

Wait, is that even a thing yet? Are there professors of cryptoeconomics already?

bump, interested

> voting (both for electing officials and passing legislation)
> tax payments
> monitoring funding for government sponsored programs
> streamlining citizens identification and other personal info

There's a fuckload more, pretty much anything can be improved with blockchain tech