Why do fruits rot?

why do fruits rot?

Other urls found in this thread:

postharvest.tfrec.wsu.edu/pages/PC2000F
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because of cell death and decay

Because you have removed them from their source of nutrition and fluid intake and left them to slowly die?

When you chop off a limb, why does it rot?

It's actually a hormone called ethylene that starts the scenesense processes in fruit, in order to conserve starches for the tree and attract consumers to eat the fruit by ripening it

Ethylene is not a hormone you fucking idiot

Jewish trickery

>scenesense
That isn't even

Please do some research before you speak, ethylene is a hormone in plants that works with auxin to promote ripening and controlled death.

>what is microbiology?
wikipedia you lazy shitbag

So they can be with Jesus.

>I know what I'm talking about: Wrong Edition

postharvest.tfrec.wsu.edu/pages/PC2000F

So you can make alcoholic beverages.

It's a Phytohormone.

To provide us with delicious alcohol

because they're pussies

Because they are uteruses and all women are rotten inside.

Fungi and bacteria.

Some fungi cause asymptomatic infections in plant tissues, including fruit. For example, you may have seen an avocado go soft and develop golden/orange pustules (see pic). This is the fungus Colletotrichum gloeosporioides, which can actually infect the avocado flowers. The fungus is in the avocado causing an asymptomatic/latent infection before the fruit is even harvested, shipped, and brought to your home. Anti-fungal compounds are produced by the avocado, which decrease as it begins to ripen. The fungus then proliferates.

Same with Botrytis cinerea in strawberries (grey mould). Farmers spray strawberries with fungicides during the flowering stage because it is established that the fungus can infect the fruit by gaining entry through the flowers.

Decomposition can be beneficial to the plant: liberating seeds, stimulating germination or seedling developing, deterring consumption by vertebrates/invertebrates, self-pruning of branches that are no longer very productive, etc. Of course, terrestrial nutrient cycling is very much dependent on fungal-mediated decomposition. Without it, nutrient turnover would be incredibly slow and nutrients would be locked up in complex recalcitrant compounds.

BECAUSE THEY ARE ORGANIC MATTER

They are mostly just made out of water just like everything else.

Because bacteria and fungus want to eat them.

Something to do with the Garden of Eden I think.

the jews made them that way so you would have to buy more

wow, as if none of you fuckers have heard of thermodynamics.

Decay and increase in entropy is the natural order of the universe. Anything that isn't being maintained will decay eventually, unless maintained via expenditure of energy.

Also, and this is a moron.

Your fruit is rotting because of microbial decomposition, not entropy.

Aids

delete this

Is there a heaven for food?

to become food for the seed to eat and grow up to be a tree and make more fruit

this. no matter how much energy you funnel into a peach, it will still rot. If you equate energy with heat, it will rot faster.

And here I thought the heat death of the universe could be staved off with copious amounts of benzoate.
That's a bummer.

Your understanding of decomposition is extremely rudimentary and you simplify everything as a result of entropy. E.g.: What cause the collapse of the WTC? Entropy of course.

If decomposition of organic matter were a result of simple entropy, life would not exist because nutrient cycling would effectively cease from a biological perspective.

>scenesense processes

He obviously meant senescence.

oh no, nigga. my fruit is safe in a vat of alcohol so no microbial action, but it is still degrading which is like rotting but slower.

Thermodynamics always applies. (period!)

again nigga, thermodynamics is the basis and the fundamental process underlying all chemical reactions and thus life.

The microbial niggas have to make my fruit kill because if they don't they will be kill since their own constituent chemicals will degrade unless maintained using energy. So THERMODYNAMICS, bitch.

Physically: the living plant seperate from the tree trys to survive by metabalising startches and shugars. Eventually the fruit turns to last resorts and cell death starts. After cell death starts bacteria or fungus can gain foothold. As the friut continues to prioritize its remaining structure to the benifit of its seed, it succumbs further to its own death and starvation. Plants in gerneral die slow. All the time it dies many fruits become more fragrant, screaming chemically, eat me. Because its rot residue is nutritious for the seed if more bacteria and fungus and bugs are involved. Or even if it gets eten and craped out the better for the seed.

Is totally metal bruh.