Fml

Veeky Forums, we have to cook!

this thread is for anyone to post a cook-along,
bake-along, drink-along, pickling-along or OC food/drink pics, post your meals or what ever if you dont want to make or use another thread, feel free to plug your own cook-along thread here too

last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rj8M6KOkyw8?t=35s
nolacuisine.com/2005/10/25/roast-beef-po-boy-debris-gravy/
amazon.com/Iwatani-Corporation-America-ZA-3HP-Portable/dp/B006H42TVG
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS BULLSHIT.

What are good sides for steak? I'm thinking potato of some kind but I don't know what veggies I should do.

Also I really fucking wish I had a gas range. Electric pisses me the fuck off.

>What are good sides for steak?
well the OP pic looks promising , krautsalat (coleslaw?) with potatoes is awesome

wewlad

m8 i will always recomend sprouts because i am obsessed, and yeah im so tired of electric but gas in apts is almost unheard of here

so last thread i left off making nuggers ill finish that up real quick

ah damn, meant to reply to obviously

Shitty camera op from the other thread. Made baked potato with smoked salmon.

>sizzle

getting a few sides together out of open cans of shit i needed to use up while these chilloot

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND. WHY ARENT YOU DEAD? THE CANCER SHOULD HAVE TAKEN BY NOW.

and bazinga it was pretty good I watched new walking dead with it was meh

ok so I also had a pork butt in the oven which is the current thing im focusing on

so first i put together my first attempt at homemade bbq/mop sauce, vinegar based

this was not fun to grind wtf kind of recipe needs this much pepper

so get a bunch of shit mixed up and simmer for who knows how long until im happy with consistency

>no ketchup

this sauce is where i wanted it consistency-wise, it is much spicier than I thought it would be originally, not a bad thing really

pulling pork is a real somabitch

Goddamn you like brussels sprouts

Does he really have cancer?

i do

m8 hes typing in capslock

pork pulling complete, poured a bunch of sauce on and mixed it up

Looks tasty af desu

Just wanted you to know OP, I would consent to sexual favors in exchange for your daily cooking, dry humor, and cute kittehs.

Not in a gay way though

for how long was the pork in the oven?

its good the sauce is heavy on the ground pepper but i can dig it

thx i really dont get enough offers for consensual sex favors tbqhfam

225 for around 9 hours, i ate some and put it in the fridge overnight, I actually like it more when the flavors have some time to settle in or whatever

so now back to the OP pic, making some slaw in preparation for a proper pulled pork sammy

so im using a slaw recipe from ol Butter Stix McGillicuddy (aka paula deen), its a buttermilk slaw not even slightly healthy, im sold, I added some shredded red jalepeno

>dry ingredients

>sauce ingredients

shit is bretty good paula a bad bitch ya heard

if it was hard to pull you didn't cook long enough m8. You should be able to push down on top of it with your palm and it instantly turns to pulled pork

youtu.be/rj8M6KOkyw8?t=35s

yeah i think youre right m8, first time doing one in the oven i was afraid i over did it lol, still its pretty good stuff should last me a week

OP I am going to come and steal your kitter.

BROCCOLI

The steak juices get into the broccoli heads and it tastes amazing.

That pulled pork looks so good op please share it, I will give beer

Check this shit out:
nolacuisine.com/2005/10/25/roast-beef-po-boy-debris-gravy/
>Simmer covered for 3-4 hours or until the meat falls apart by staring at it.
>until the meat falls apart by staring at it.
You've got a 2 or 3 hour window of it being "over done". Just don't use a shit ton of liquid when cooking it, and it isn't an issue (overcooking).

serrano mix getting filtered.

Vinegar added and simmered to kill the fermentation.
Pretty fucking hot on the lip.
Tried fucking with it by adding more honey.
Think I ruined it. Gonna fuck with it some more in a couple days when I have time. Try to balance it out.
Also added xantham gum to thicken it a bit.

Here is a picture of my cat eating.
Her name is Gertrude.

Last time I made sriracha, I had to cut it with actual sriracha. Might have to do it again. Oh well.

WELCOME OUR NEW PRESIDENT Veeky Forums

too soon

WHERE THE FUCK IS PATTI I NEED TO SEE THAT FUCKING CAT RIGHT NOW

thanks

>no 'chup

Pitmaster privilege

heard

slow kot, but nice kot nonetheless

Caesar salad 4 sure

That litter sure is qt. Does Patti like her? Any jealousy?

Let's make breakfast great again

Fondant potatoes

ewwwww

Got a massive rump steak really cheap earlier from the butcher, gonna reverse sear it and eat half as a steak and the other in a sandwich with chestnut mushrooms and English mustard.

Steak with a side of steak sandwich.

Cooked spinach, I prefer creamed

Is stopping the fermentation necessary? I just made my first fermented hot sauce and it is amazing. The sourness from lactic acid is something I never knew my life needed. However I think the vinegar might be too much.

>instantly turns to pulled pork
>please ignore the fucking ali baba sword

>patty not in the OP

ya goofed. without patty's blessing these threads are pointless.

took myself out to celebrate the glorious victory of Glorious Leader Trump

Currently cooking way too much tortellini

What else can I do with it besides pasta

Yeah, giblet is awesome, but patty is symbol of good food and good times.

m8s it was a spur of the moment photo op I usually do it when I get groceries but I didnt plan to get groceries for a few days, Gibbles is a shitty food model tbhonest she wont hold still so shell probably not get many more chances, giver her 15 minutes m80s

a pasta salad type thing with tomatoes, olives, other veggies/meats and italian dressing

I was going to make bindaetteok but I decided to clean out the produce I had

so it's something like radish-pepper-kimchi-chicken stirfry in a gochuchang sauce with a lot of pepper flakes over leftover jjajang noodles

achoco

Here is the things stirfrying

I made the sauce out of gochuchang, a little rice syrup, some soy sauce, and twice the amount of pepper flakes than gochuchang. Thickened it at the end with some potato starch

Here is a blurry plate with the jjajang noodles

>>stir fry
>>nonstick pan

You sure you don't mean "gently warmed up" rather than a stir fry, user?

That person knows what they mean you fool

It was gently warmed up. I don't know another word for cooking things in a fry pan over medium heat so I can make a sauce of it all.

I guess cooking.

user got upset because stir fry generally refers to wooking.

>I don't know another word for cooking things in a fry pan over medium heat

Sweating, sauteing, pan-frying.

user's recipe seemed like a very Asian-ish sort of dish so I assumed the meant a stir-fry in that sense. People are always asking "how do I make my Chinese food at home taste like the restaurant" and tend to assume that it's some missing ingredient that they don't have. What they are usually missing is not some secret seasoning, it's the HEAT. "Wok Hei". Google it, learn it, and you'll be set.

>Thickened it at the end with some potato starch
i'm relatively new to cooking for myself, so this is probably a stupid question. did you just give the starch to the sauce, or did you first mix it with water and then add that mixture to the sauce?

>what else can I do with this pasta besides pasta

>what else can I make with these potatoes besides a potato dish

Generally speaking, you mix the starch with a tiny amount of water to make a thin paste and whisk that into a simmering liquid to thicken

You mix the starch with cold water, then you add the resultant slurry to your dish. If you just dumped starch powder in there you'd have lots of lumps.

>If you just dumped starch powder in there you'd have lots of lumps
thanks, guys

You'll struggle to recreate that kind of heat at home though, have you seen some if the burners those places use? They're fucking huge fuckers.

while on topic, what if i use one of these little fellas with a wok if i only have an electric stove at home. is their output high enough for decent results or is the idea retarded?

I cant see why not. That said I wouldnt get one because Im a clumsy bastard who would probably blow myself up.

There are better options, user.

amazon.com/Iwatani-Corporation-America-ZA-3HP-Portable/dp/B006H42TVG

I use one of these out on the patio to avoid kitchen messes and it's insanely hot.

The butane canisters last quite a while, considering their cheap price, so no issues there.

I'd just get a typical outdoor turkey frying unit with a connection line to a 20 or 30lb propane tank. Those things produce megaheat. I use it for beer brewing and 8 gallons of liquid is boiling within 10 minutes and I have to turn it way down to keep it under control.

This. I bought a carbon steel wok, seasoned it and tried out a simple ginger chicken stir fry with it. I didn't quite get the heat exactly right, but it was still the best damn stir fry I'd ever made. Nonstick wok I had went straight into the garbage after that.

Their max output is probably comparable to that of a "normal" gas burner on medium.

The one I have is a MSR 'pocket rocket' and it is good for camping but I don't expect to really be able to heat like I can on my home burners. It's good for boiling water; cooking eggs; cooking or stir frying veggies; making soups n shit like you'd do on a normal range at low to med-high temps.

Just don't cook with it inside, I've heard that can fucking kill you. I think it has to do with tha the fumes nd shit.

Post that glory bird fggt. And praise kek.

looks good

Bumping to have this thread alive by saturday when I make Pizza and Crostata.
Why is ck so slow anyway?

Presidential election, methinks.

Programming thread on /g/ has been dead, too.

In honor of our glorious future high lord Trump, I went out and got a Big Mac meal from Mickey D's for dindin tonight.

>Was just as mediocre as I remember
>Good fries
>Didn't drink the coke
>mfw a burger, fries and coke costs $7.80 now; no wonder McD's is fucking sinking. I could've gone to Publix and bought a whole sub combo for less than that.

Yes we're gonna need to see Patti asap

>a burger, fries and coke costs $7.80 now; no wonder McD's is fucking sinking
that's one of the reasons i stopped going there years ago. for that amount of money, i can better food at larger quantities at smaller, privately owned places. also, i stopped drinking coke and other sugary drinks years ago, so there's no reason for me to get those McMenus in the first place.

It's really cold out so I'm making some chilI and smoking pineapple express wax.

There was a rash of suicides because Trump got elected. Nothing of value was lost luckily

Yeah I never get fast food more than like once a year and usually it's on a whim like last night. Then I remember after paying/eating why I only go once a year.

Was gonna get water instead of coke but the bitch was going to charge me extra for water (wtf) and when I told her I didn't want a drink it basically blew her fucking mind, so I gave up and said give me a damn coke so I can throw it out later.

Coming out gud

Post recipe pls.

Maybe I can learn/steal a thing or 2 from it

Sorry can't.

Swore to my grandma before she died i would never tell anyone.

She's dead, user.

Even if we wanted to tell her, we couldn't, so you can't get in trouble or hurt her feelings for telling us.

srry m8s had some internet issues the last few days or so and aint had time to deal with itwill do something after a while

Making pan roast pork loin, chestnut gnocchi, quince jus, and some veg tonight.

Starting with the gnocchi, we've got to get our chestnuts peeled. Start by cutting a cross through the shell with a serrated knife.

Heat your oven up to 400F, wrap the chestnuts up in foil pouches (leave a little opening on the top for steam to escape) and add 1/4C water to each. We'll roast/steam these until the shell peels back, after which peeling them shouldn't be too bad.

Meanwhile, I'm making the brine for the pork loin. Water, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, thyme, and bay. Bring to a boil then cool back down to room temp.

Once chestnuts are out of the oven and peeled, I pressed them through a metal strainer to get a flour, into which I mixed about 20% durum flour.

Then I mixed in egg yolk until a dough formed. Used duck eggs because I forgot that's all I've got on hand.

Rolled the dough out like a playdoh snake (everyone remembers doing that, right?), cut into even sizes, then rolled down the back of a fork to create the shape. You don't necessarily have to do that, but it's nicer looking I think and it helps the gnocchi grab sauce. At this point I'll lay them out on a sheet and keep them covered with a slightly damp towel until I'm ready to cook them- like most gnocchi, I'll boil them and then saute at the end.

Meanwhile, once again having a glass of wine. In this case, M Chapoutier Hermitage Blanc 2011. Cheers anons!