/coffee/

Why don't these threads ever reach bump limit? Edition

What are we brewing? What are we brewing with? What are we drinking it out of?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycoffeenews.com/2015/07/23/a-guide-to-great-coffee-in-warsaw-poland/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Wonder why coffee threads never hit bump limit
>Get reminded exactly why

If you want to hit the bump limit you've got to have the right subject
Coffee is too aromatic for people to actually discuss meaningfully

Thoughts on these beans?
I tried most of common brands available here in Poland and this is the one that i like the most.
I brew it in french press and drink it black no sugar, tastes really good.

There's far better out there. Not sure how easy any of it is to find in Poland though

How do I make a start moving from instant to something nicer?
I have enough money to spoil myself, but I'm also stingy and a bachelor. Is a classic dripfeed acceptable taste? I've grown to enjoy the taste of instant, so I'm pretty far gone.

There's nothing wrong with drip coffee, although a French press or pourover will give you much more control over your brew for far less money. What really matters is getting some quality beans and a good burr grinder

I shop at Tesco and they have basic stuff like Jacobs or Dalmayer, what would you recommend because I can propably get anything from the web.
I find that Lavazza to be least bitter and I would like my next purchase to be similar so I can enjoy it black

I mean

You really should be seeking out independent roasters, since they tend to give you fresher, higher quality beans. Poking around online, it looks like Poland's coffee culture is starting to take off, so that might actually be possible for you

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it

What's the best grounds I can get from the store?

I like this v60 made for iced coffee

What's a cheap-ish grinder that will grind my beans and job done? I bought one of these because I though "fuck it why not", and while it looks nice and works ok, it fucking takes too long and the beans don't want to stay in the grinder a lot of the time.
Should I go for something like a Hario or are all hand grinders shit

My current moka pot someone used, didn't clean, and then put away. It was probably like that for a few weeks. When I found out I cleaned it however the bottom of the upper half has oxidized(?). It smells and is discoloured. Is it fucked? I make some coffee in it and it tasted like garbage.

I have a hario skerton, it got annoying pretty quick grinding for ten minutes every morning just to make 2-3 cups of coffee.

just get a ~$100 electric burr grinder

moka pots don't realy need to be cleaned if they're used regularly, but sitting around with shit inside it for weeks can make it pretty gross

just run vinegar through a brewing cycle and then do some "throw away" brews and it should be good

>just run vinegar through a brewing cycle
So boil some vinegar in it?

What's different when you brew with a Moka pot?

Pretty sure if it's actually oxidized, vinegar is the opposite of what you want. Probably just needs to be cleaned, though. Vinegar should work fine.
I agree with . Harios are alright, but they're not going to be an improvment. Some fancier hand grinders are quite a lot faster, but honestly I'd just go with a Baratza or similar
Different compared to what?

Should've specified. What's different between brewing it in a pot, French press, or coffee brewer?

>Baratza or something similar
What are the something similars? AU$ puts the Encore about $200

It's more concentrated, closer to espresso than normal brewed coffee

Breville? I'll be honest, I don't actually know much about grinders. I just got a Baratza and stuck with it. I'm not sure you're going to find a decent electric burr grinder for significantly less.

Nice thanks.

What are the best beans for a man on a budget?
I'm looking for a lot of bang for my buck.

Any one have one of these?

I would prefer a manual grinder over and electric one

Any other suggestions?

I have a very similar grinder.

It takes a couple minutes to grind a cup's worth of beans. Usually finish right as my kettle is done boiling the water.

I hope you don't put that just-boiled water onto your fresh grounds

Thoughts on robusta beans?

No, I wait for it to cool to the proper temperature. I watch it with a thermometer. I just like to grind the beans while it boils in the first place. If there's a minuscule loss of flavor from letting the grounds sit in the grinder for an extra 5-10 mins, I don't notice it or mind it.

Aeropress is a pain in the ass to clean and I hate the flatness that the paper filter gives. I'd rather drink drip brew TB H

Imported from /co/
Would anyone be willing to try this and see how it tastes?

I have a question
I want to start grinding my own beans but how long will they last after being ground? I've only had preground coffee before and drink about a cup a day

>Why don't these threads ever reach bump limit?
We haven't recruited enough autismos

Is there a big difference between french press and moka pot?

Yes. I suggest you do some reading

Not a big fan, not bad like buondi and nicola but nothing special

How is it difficult to clean? I'm about to buy a metal filter so I can use mine to get a taste more like a french press but with easier cleanup.

Yeah, this. Aeropress is stupid easy to clean.

Is it a good idea to use a blade grinder for Turkish coffee? I understand blade grinders are generally thought to be inferior compared to burr grinders at least for other grinds, as you tend to get a ton of fines mixed with a bunch of coffee boulders when you're trying to grind coarser. But as far as I know with Turkish grind you want to mill it to finest possible powder until it feels like powdered sugar between your fingers. Is there even such a thing as too fine of a grind for Turkish coffee?

I'm a Canuck who used to have Timmys every morning, Sometimes twice a day, for like two years.

My aunt bought me a small 5 cup pot for Christmas last year and she's saved me literally hundreds of dollars.

Now I brew what ever is on sale. Drink one of pic relate with breakfast and one throughout my work day.

A blade grinder can't really get fine enough. Neither can most grinders. You basically need a Turkish hand mill or some very select electric grinders.

Well, for Turkish Coffee you have to get your coffee as fine as flour, so the finest the best.
You can sift your coffee after grinding it, to keep the finest.

I'm a big fan of the aeropress, mainly because it's light and durable enough to take camping
It's amazing how many products are out there to make the same drink. It's awesome

It depends how long you store them. The quality of the coffee will diminish slower in a vacuum seal jar. That being said you could just grind the beans for one day like most people do

Absolutely

I'm Australian and went to Michigan earlier this year for work. As bad as American coffee is, Tim Horton's was the worst of all.

t-thanks for the reminder.

3 cups coarse italian roast, 5 cups water
mesh & paper filtration
13 hour cold brew

homemade cold brew is so much cheaper and just as tasty as the $6 12 oz pours at the kaffe haus

Currently studying abroad in germany and had to leave all my coffee gear in the uk, bought a cheap pour over and experimenting with it, kinda struggling with the lack of light roasts in germany tho, can only really find pretty dark roasts. Eh at least their cheap.

Anyone give me some pointers with using this thing, its painfully average right now

>Why don't these threads ever reach bump limit?
boring as shit topic on a slow board

plus it looks like a penis pump

Step 1: Pour some hot water through the filter before adding the grounds.

Wet the filter
Add the grounds (fine espresso grind)
Wet the grinds a little bit (2 second light pour).
Let that stop thru.
6 second heavy pour, in a circular motion. Let that drip thru for a 5 seconds.
3 second medium pour right in the center. Let all the water drip thru.

thanks dude ill try this out next time

Anyone have any coffee that's blow your socks off great in a french press? I had some Death Wish and the guy I work with bought some Amazon brand coffee and we want to try some better stuff than just opening the office Keurigs KCups to drink something different until his bag's gone.

freshly roasted beans from your local roasteria

Sort of needs to be something I can order since we work out in the middle of nowhere and it's a three hour drive from a shitty little town that doesn't have it's own roasteria.

I miss drinking coffee... Any time I drink it now it gives me immense gut pain and a heartbeat that rockets towards the moon.

T_T

do you take other stims?

cafe grumpy

death wish is memebrew

Currently enjoying a nice Rwandan roasted City+, really good. Oh yeah, brewed V60, but that's all I'm really brewing with these days.

I'm not from poland, but check these links out

javacoffee.pl

dailycoffeenews.com/2015/07/23/a-guide-to-great-coffee-in-warsaw-poland/

Baratza Encore is best for the price

Has anyone tried Death Wish or Valhalla? Apparently super caffeinated.

Really made me think.

Judging coffee by its caffeine content is like judging wine by its alcohol content. Actually that's not even a good analogy, since fortified wines can be great while the only way to get coffee with that much caffeine is to use robusta (aka crap) beans

Get a Feldgrind or Lido. Encore is low quality shit.

I got the lavazza super crema and it was pretty meh.

Just got some columbian coffee caled jose's from costco which I will try tomorrow. With a french press ofc

What ratios do you guys use for french press? I dont have a scale so I just do 2 heaping tablespoons per cup

He asked for a cheapish electric grinder that will get the job done. A Baratza Encore fits all those parameters nicely. Your suggestions fit none of them.

He didn't ask for electric. Baratza anything but Forte won't get the job done well anyway.

coffee is niggersweat

Eh that would probably be chicory

>He didn't ask for electric
He absolutely did:
>it looks nice and works ok, it fucking takes too long
Your memegrinders will only be marginal improvements on that front.

Are you autistic? No one should have this much trouble understanding that not everyone wants the same thing as them without having something seriously wrong them

The Feldgrind grinds FASTER than the Encore. The Encore is a very slow electric grinder, and the Feldgrind grinds over a gram a second once broken in. It's not a marginal upgrade.

And it's far far better grind quality too.

Prove it.

Look at every user account of the Feldgrind, Lido, Rosco grinder, Helor, and (newest) Commandant. Unless all of the several dozen reviewers have formed a conspiracy, it's just true.

I can attest to it as well. I don't own an Encore, but I've used a close friends on several occasions. It's nowhere near as fast as my hand grinder. I don't use it much now since I have some super nice electric grinders, but they aren't the same price category. And honestly, for brewed coffee, the Lido is damn close in grind quality.

Now the Porlex/Hario tier hand grinders, those are trash that take multiple minutes to grind. I ended up giving my Porlex away because of it.

>tfw bought a box of 80 dark roast coffee k-cups for $18

Does this trigger Veeky Forums?

Nah man, drink what ya like. I'd still offer you some of my fancy shit to try if you were around here though.

That would be nice, for i do like fresh coffee. However, i also like keurig because it's really easy for when I'm in a hurry

If you ever are interested in fresh coffee at home check out the Clever Dripper. Cheap, fast, easy to use, easy cleanup, simpler than even aeropress, and can get filters at the grocery store.

You might end up preferring to stick with the Keurig anyway, since you don't seem to be paying a fuckload for pods as is, but for the price it's not bad to have a Clever laying around as a backup.

Will do, thanks user

no... I did give up pretty much everything.