Baking Sheets

I been using a set of old aluminum baking sheets for years. Roasting veggies, bacon, cookies, etc. But it's time to upgrade.

So, Veeky Forums, what's your recommendation for baking sheets?

What's the best material? Steel? Ceramic? Aluminum?

What's going to hold up to heavy usage?

What's least likely to poison me with weird chemicals?

Pic related.

WERE YOU ACTIVELY USING IT IN THAT CONDITION?

There's nothing wrong with them faggot. Just heavy use.

all my old baking sheets look like that

who the hell cares?

>being this retarded

Line your pans with aluminum foil if you're too lazy to clean your shit properly. Fuckin' nasty.

OP AT LEAST LISTEN TO THIS user WITH YOUR NEW PANS. THE AMOUNT OF NONSENSE YOU MUSTVE CONSUMED OVER THE YEARS IS NAUSEATING TO THINK ABOUT.

>2012
>still not using restaurant sheet pans

Buy Chicago Metallic products.

I've never seen a baking sheet that someone actually used that didn't look like that. Mine is 15 years old and looks far worse. It still produces quality food.

>line your pans with aluminum foil
>calling others retarded

If they aren't going to clean their pans, they can at least line it so they can quickly dispose of the lining (even though it's a waste and unnecessary, to be sure), so their pan remains uncrusted.

wtf? just use some baking paper?

Sure. Wouldn't you want to build up a patina on it like a skillet?

> a patina

Kek. Not sure I want to, but it just seems to have happened over time. I mean, there aren't solid chunks of previous food on it, but there is a layer of, I assume, bronzed on oil. It doesn't seem to affect the food and it's not unsanitary since the temps are always above 350F. I can't really justify throwing them out.

>Roasting veggies
pyrex/corningware 8x8, 9x9, 9x11, whatever baking dish you want

>bacon
jelly roll pan lined with a rack (but I don't recommend oven bacon unless glazing or really large quantities)

>cookies
Cookies, biscuits, scones...buy an air insulated aluminum pan. Also get a thin flexible spatula.

>bread calzones, garlic bread etc
pizza stones are versatile for many recipes and get nice and screaming hot during the preheat. They get a natural patina that you should let happen. some brands have sideded pans for other uses

roasting in pyrex?

mad

>being so autistic that you can't handle discoloration on baking sheets

Burnt carbonized gunk stuck to your pans, fucking up the taste of shit you cook on it, us not """discoloration""".

Do you also leave chunks of food in the corners of your pots?

ITS OIL YOU NINCOMPOOP. holy shit if you can't handle this I hope nothing bad ever happens in your life.

That "burnt carbonized gunk" is polymerized fat.
It's literally the same thing that cast iron seasoning is, which is why "don't EVER use soap on your cast iron!!" is a myth if you've seasoned it properly, i.e. your whole house fills with smoke and all your smoke detectors go off.

it's not carbonized tho

nordic ware half baking sheet.