Lied about employment date

I’m think I’m overreacting but I need opinions on this.
I was let go from my job at the end of January for something dumb. I applied for a job in February and instead of saying the end date for my job, I said I was still working there. Got interview and second interview and offered job. Never went into if I was still working or not.
I’m excited but they are doing a background check and I know my previous job will show I stopped working in January.
Am I done for? Anyone have experience with something similar? I’m worried I’ll lose the offer because I’ll look like a liar even if it’s super small.

Attached: image.jpg (399x600, 175K)

Who fuckin cares man? Relax bro. You either get it or you don't. Namaste

Who exactly would they be talking to at your old job?
I habe done this also (ausfag) but they only check my references i gave them and a general police check

You’re probably right

They are doing a background check so I assume they will verify my employment dates with my previous employer and find out I am no longer “currently” working there. It has only been a month however so it may be no biggie I hope.

If they contact them its usually to see if you actually worked there and if you are a useless cunt or a good cunt. Hope you didnt get fired for being a neet weirdo

No, told a guy how to get a discount because he was lied to and manager thought because of that I didn’t demonstrate integrity
But that’s reassuring to know
I guess I’ll see how it goes

>No, told a guy how to get a discount because he was lied to and manager thought because of that I didn’t demonstrate integrity
Can you elaborate on this story?

Don’t want to go into too much
Guy called in, wanted to confirm numbers, numbers given to him by previous rep were lower than what we had. Proactively offered discount to meet in middle, only supposed to when they have other offer. He didn’t have offer and couldn’t do that day so I told him what to do when he was ready. He called in later and did not want to do what I said but rather complain he should get it anyway. He escalated, manager told him no, manager listened to my call telling him how to get discount.

oh no user, you're never getting that job now

I dropped out of high school but on my resume it says I graduated not only high school, but also from MIT. I learned how to code and haven't had any problems. I have a fake diploma but noone even checks as long as the job gets done. Nobody actually gives a fuck OP.

If you're not lying/exaggerating on your resume, you're an idiot. Most places do none, or half assed reference checks at the most. The worst that can happen is you don't get the job, and then you just move on to the next opportunity.

I'm making way more money now and I get great job offers because I'm a great bullshitter.

Do you have 5 years of experience in your field? Make that shit 10 years. Did your last job pay you $20 an hour? Tell them fuckers you were making $28 an hour and you're looking for $32 now.

If you're worrying about this, you have far bigger problems than being off by a month on your job resume. You sound like the biggest fag.

Trips don’t lie

Cool, I think google searching this stuff was bad for me
Everything said HR will rescind an offer if you lie about anything
I’ll see how it goes since it seems like it is nothing big.

>Everything said HR will rescind an offer if you lie about anything
>I’ll see how it goes since it seems like it is nothing big.

You actually believe normie media. Holy fuck.

he probably watches pic related and thinks it's only OK for them to lie.

Attached: andersoncucker.jpg (728x728, 46K)

I came to biz first
Google results were saying to withdraw your application or confess lol
I wanted to see if anyone had went through a similar situation

Best of luck user. Hope it goes well

Dude I have a fucking GED and lie about having a Bachelors and haven't got caught yet lol, stop worrying.The VAST majority of companies only do criminal and credit checks and call some references you give them at most.

If you're not putting down references that are going to bullshit and talk you up, you're doing it wrong.

Actually did the same thing bro. I actually quit my old job, gave my two weeks there, had 2 different interviews. Told two different companies I was still workin the old job. I got both job offers. Took 1, amd they hired me straight out.

Employers dont care about your employment history other than if you have skill relevant to the job your applying for. Or unless you got terminated for something really outrageous. Dont sweat it.