Can anyone recommend a good rice cooker with steel pot?

I need a cooker to make rice and quick and easy potato's but I don't go for the nonstick stuff. I'd like one with a stainless steel inner pot.

Been looking at this aroma one and also considered an instant pot.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S004565351401354X
mysciencework.com/publication/show/0e897d55db08260b0b81b5bf94cd8f89
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Easy rule with rice cookers: if it has a lift-off lid, like the one in OP, it's crap.

A rice cooker needs to have a hinged locking lid with a gasket to seal.

>>I don't go for the nonstick stuff.
Why? Yeah, I get that nonstick pans wear out over time but that's a totally different application than a rice cooker. A rice cooker doesn't get much, if any, wear from contact with cooking utensils in it. I have a Tiger brand one with a nonstick container. I've had it for 15 years now. Nonstick is still perfect in it.

i just do not like non stick coated stuff. will not use them.

Can't you cook rice yourself?
Also does a rice cooker have c applications other than rice? Can it make sticky bread or something?

Sorry, I can't fix willful ignorance. I agree that for many things nonstick has a lot of downsides. But a rice cooker? That's not one of them.

Yeah you can do more in a rice cooker than just rice.

And the image I used was just the first one I turned up if I can find a locking cooker with steel inner pot then great.

And the food touches the coated pot leeching shit into said food. I don't want that.

You can make a lot of things in them. They're also convenient for various reasons:
-frees up a hob on the stove for other applications
-set it and forget it, no need to worry about timing or the wrong heat setting
-the fancier models with a pressure system make tastier and better textured rice than an open pot.

Leaches what exactly into your food?

And how is that different than other materials? Metal, ceramic, etc. pots contain trace impurities that can leach into food too. Did you know that stainless steel contains chromium, which is highly toxic. Not that it matters because it's bound in the metal and doesn't escape. If you want to sperg out about silly health risks you will never find anything that would satisfy you.....

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S004565351401354X
mysciencework.com/publication/show/0e897d55db08260b0b81b5bf94cd8f89

Fucking relax, dude. Any leeching is not enough to cause any harm.

>an open pot
But you should cook rice with a lid on.

Point is that a lid that locks down and holds pressure is superior to a plain 'ol pot with a lid that just sits on it.

I probably should have stated "....better textured rice than an ordinary pot".

I've seen and read enough studies to come to the conclusion that nonstick coatings are not good.

It isn't steel but it works
*The child in DLC

Ignoring OP, can anyone recommend a good rice cooker, non-stick or not? I hear the term fuzzy being thrown around in regards to rice cookers, is this a brand or a style or what?

bump for rice cooker recs. How much should I spend? Seems like there is a big quality/price gap from $20 crap to $200 big family starch every meal cookers. It feels like from $30-$100 is just gimmicky and overpriced crap. h a l p

The cheap ones with the lift-off lid are crappy.
The basic Asian brands that look like pic related are a good basic choice. Work great, not too expensive. I have the exact model pictured. Paid $50 for it more than 10 years ago.

"Fuzzy logic" is a fancy way of saying there is a computer inside. They have various special modes and some can be used for other sorts of cooking than rice. Whether they are worth it or not is up to you. I have used them and personally I don't think they are worth the price. But then again, preferences vary. Some people are happy to drive a 1987 Toyota compact. Other people insist on a brand-new luxury car. Depends on what your needs/wants are.

Pic related gets my recommendation.

I'd get one if it was cute like this.
anyway, I have an American one I don't use because it's kind of broken. The sensor inside doesn't turn off in time so it always burns the bottom rice so I end up having to make more to get the amount of cooked rice I want.
It cooks the rest fine, but I wish the heating element worked right so I didn't get that yellow crunchy rice

I can speak from experience, the one in that picture is literal dog ass.

Haven't had a single serving of rice that it didn't both burn and undercook.

>I trust only the studies that support me, if it hints at me being wrong I ignore it!

No I've read the arguments on both sides. For me and my peace of mind I do not want to use non-stick coated cookware and would prefer stainless steel or glass.

Are you perhaps only cooking a little bit of rice at a time in there? I have owned rice cookers in the past that worked great if filled to, say, half their capacity (or more), but if you only tried to cook a tiny little bit then they'd do as you described.

Why do you worry about the PTFE but not the Chromium content in stainless steel, or the trace amounts of lead in glass? Seems weird to be paranoid about one but not the others.

because those levels are absolute minute.

Give me a rec