What's wrong with my cookies, Veeky Forums...

What's wrong with my cookies, Veeky Forums? They're nice (but a little flat) around the edges but very underdone in the middle, even though they're browned.

Other urls found in this thread:

sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Too high of a temperature and not enough flour

I'm baking at 350, what would you recommend?

I weighed out the flour also, 300g, how much more should I add?

THIS LOOKS LIKE AN ABORTION

Did you chill your dough?

did you place them as a rounded ball on the paper?

this

use half butter and half crisco

I did both of these things. Dough was chilled 24 hours

Baking at a lower temp (320 if anyone is curious) helped but they're still flat. Any advice for mixing in flour when the dough is hard and chilled?

Which and how much raising agent did you use?

Nobody can help you unless you post the recipie you used.

Looks like pancake batter.

there is no mixing in flour after its chilled o.O

don't chill chocolate chip cookie dough
don't use melted butter
dough should be scoopable, but not too wet or dry
bake 375 for about 8 minutes

that's not how you make dough stupid

Not enough flour.

sweets.seriouseats.com/2013/12/the-food-lab-the-best-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

KENJI
>KENJI
KENJI
>KENJI

>5000 hours later

fuck, you can just follow the recipe if you don't want to know what's wrong and why it is.

i figured opie would be curious, though.

Did you use two quarter cups of flour instead of two and a quarter?

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

I already made the dough and chilled it. 300g flour, like the recipe called for. Someone else said there isn't enough flour in the cookie dough if it's coming out this flat

post your recipe

300g AP flour
250 g brown sugar
175 g granulated sugar
1.5 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
226 g/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
12 oz chocolate chips

Says to bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes.

Bake them on a slightly higher shelf.

the oven is bad I bet you're using a toaster oven. Look for toaster oven cookie recipies

When you bake cookies you need everything to be room temp, this is a general rule for baking but especially cookies. If your butter isn't soft and your eggs are too cold then you will get uneven cooking.

Haha it is a toaster oven. My regular oven hasn't worked in over a year and I'm too cheap to get a new one. The toaster oven usually does a decent job. I'm sure I've made chocolate chip cookies in it before and they turned out well.

Here's some cinnamon scones I made in it today

That's for mixing it together. Chilling it before cooking is fine. I chill my chocolate chips about an hour before I bake them.

Holy aperture batman

i have this recipe if anyone is interested

>butter 230g (+-5g)
>flour(00) 360g(+-10g)
>eggs 3,medium
>sugar 100g (2 spoons should be of muscovado sugar,it's my personal touch in every dessert i make.don't put too much of it though since it's rich of molasses)
>powdered sugar 100g
>a pinch of salt
>chocolate chips (i prefer chopping into tiny pieces a dark chocolate bar though)
>those particular cookies had coconut flakes
>you can actually add anything you like,rasins,berries etc

mix thouroughly the butter(ambient temperature) with the sugar until it becomes a bit creamy.Add and mix well one egg at time(you can even add vanilla if you like in this process).Sift and mix the flour little by little until the dough becomes uniform and then add chocolate chips or any ingredient you chose and mix.
Heat the oven(i have a ventilated oven) at 180°C(200°C if it's big but pay attention).Make balls with dough(30g circa) like in my in picture and cook for 15-20 minutes or until they become like my picture.when ready wait a bit before eating them or they will be too soft and hot

Forgot pic

>tfw was in that original thread and was the guy who questioned OP enough to uncover the fact that he only used half a cup of flour

my finest hour

Is your oven electric? Just go to the hardware store and get a new heating element for like $40. If you rent just tell your landlord. The will replace it.

>more sugar than flour
how the fuck