Holy fucking shit, I thought it was just a joke but sushi is actually really fucking delicious...

Holy fucking shit, I thought it was just a joke but sushi is actually really fucking delicious. I can't believe I went all this time never tasting it, I can't get enough now.

But it's so expensive...

wait till you try ramen

my favorite thing to do when I get sushi is to go to the bar and sit next to the eternal trench coat wearing weeb.
>mashing ginger into soy sauce
>mixing soy sauce with wasabi
>drowning expensive rolls in soy
>order a bud light
>don't tip

Why does other people's anger make me so happy Veeky Forums?

lol

>meet a girl I used to be close to back in high school
>hook up again within the space of a day
>find out she's highly unstable
>anorexic but will make a concession to eat sushi with me because her reasoning is that's what is normal on a date
>mfw I'm the only thing keeping her alive
>lots of emotional issues and I had to break up with her
>haven't had a gf since, or even tried
>the smell of soy sauce and wasabi still reminds me of her

Try a buffet. It's the cheapest way to try a multitude of different rolls.

I also agree with when you try real ramen for the first time, it's a magical experience.

You're not supposed to tip in Japanese restaurants anyway.

>buffet
don't do this

Find a buffer with okay sushi. They exist

okay sushi isn't good enough

I meant a seafood buffet. Preferably in a town with a high Asian population.

No they, don't. You just have standards.

*no standards

Good sushi is too expensive save for special occasions. Ill take my $10 all you can eat sushi anytime

obweeb detected

>magical experience
Ramen isn't anything special, by far the biggest disappointment when I went to Japan

I found a buffet with good sushi but it's an hour away

with the exception of sushi, most of the japanese food that americans hear about is literally just junk food
even sushi had it's origins in a way to preserve fish by coating rice with vinegar to save money on buying fresh fish
Even in japan they have cheap sushi, it is by no means an expensive dish by nature

When I lived in Tokyo for five years working as an animator for a well known studio I also found the ramen to be overrated.

Why is it so god damn good

Its literally tasteless fish on tangy rice but its so fucking delicious FUCK I'm about to bust just thinking about it HNNNNGGG

It's the wasabi and soy sauce mostly.

A little bit of soy sauce makes a big difference, but it's mostly the fish.

A chirashi bowl sounds really good right now.

The fish isn't tasteless. It's not particularly fishy, mind you, but you can't eat a slice of yellowtail sashimi and tell me it's tasteless.

It is not tasteless, the tastes are balanced against each other so that you donĀ“t particularly taste any of them, but a combined whole taste that is more than the sum of its parts.

You could have made a bunch of little emotionally unstable babies user. Alas it is too late now.

Good sashimi isn't' tasteless, you dumb bag of dicks

The only tasteless thing here is your mothers cooking.

Sushi is bland and tasteless.

Only Americans think it's good, the rest of the world thinks it's an overpriced snack.

I do not get it, people say sushi is a delicacy but when they see you eating a whole raw fish they think you are crazy.

Gonna get more but don't know if it's worth it.

Try restaurants with the all-you-can-eat formula. You pay a fixed price and eat to your heart's (or stomach) content.