Dill

I have a fuckload of fresh dill and I'm not sure what to do with it.

I'm considering trying to make gravlax. I've never tried making it before. Does anyone have any tips, recipes, or other ideas how to use all this dill?

Thanks

Dry it

Get yourself a microwave safe container with a lid and put a half cup/120ml of water in it.
Put it in the nukebox and turn it on for a minute.
Add a handful or two of fresh prawns/shrimp (or thawed-from-frozen if that's all ya got), place the lid on loosely and put it back in the microwave for another minute.
Drain the water and add a small bit of butter, some chopped dill, a sprinkling of salt to taste and some freshly powdered dried onion.
Re-lid the container, shake to combine and allow to rest 2-3 minutes for the prawns to finish through.
Serve up with crusty bread and have a nice salad after.

Honourable mention: chicken mayonnaise, tuna mayonnaise, prawn mayonnaise etc (basically any protein+mayonnaise) does nicely with the addition of dill.

Uncommon option: dill is common in Lao cuisine, often swapping in where Thai and other SEA people would use coriander/cilantro so much so that the Thai name for dill translates to English as "Lao coriander." So try making a Thai curry or soup and add dill to it in place of coriander and see how you like it.

My favourite use of fresh dill, though, is in creamy seafood soups like any of the Scandy fishball soups, clam chowder or cullen skink (though I know it's not traditional in the last two).

Fishsoup?

1 1/2 cup buttermilk, 3/4 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup milk, 1 tablespoon finely chopped dill, teaspoon finely snipped chive, teaspoon of chopped parsley, pinch of garlic powder and onion powder, salt and pepper and FRESH lemon juice TT.

Become Czech and make 100 different combinations of dill and cream.

Dill sauce
Dill gravy
Tartar sauce
Dill pickles
Dill soup
Add it to salads
Make a dressing with dill, white vinegar, oil, salt and shallots
Put it on grilled vegetables with lemon
Mix with yogurt, garlic, and lemon juice and put that shit on everything
It's great on fish, eggs, potatoes, carrots, smoked salmon
Try using it in a vodka infusion. It'll be like the the poison AND the hangover remedy all at once.

>dill is common in Lao cuisine, often swapping in where Thai and other SEA people would use coriander/cilantro so much so that the Thai name for dill translates to English as "Lao coriander."
I really need to try Lao cuisine. I've been rather enamored of Cambodian lately now that it appears to be the next big trend in the US, but I don't think I really know any Laotians or have any nearby restaurants. But I fucking love dill.

Roast some veggies in olive oil and season with dill

put it on you dick and call it the dillk

ask the Russians

make dill butter, freeze it.

Dill sauce

Butter
Flour
Full fat milk/ cream (cream is better)
Vinegar (white wine is the best)
Salt
Sugar
Pepper
Dill

Make a roux from butter and flour. Add milk/cream and whisk it very well. Low heat/10-15 minutes until thickened,nice and smooth. Add freshly ground black pepper, salt, sugar and vinegar. Sauce should be slighty sweet and sour. Finish with dill.
Serve with boiled potatoes and soft boiled eggs.
Delish.

tzatziki

>cambodian cuisine
>next big thing
Really? It's been around where I live for years now, but not among white people. Although, now that you mention it, I'm seeing a few more white people venturing into Little Cambodia now, but they seldom to never stop in any of the restaurants or buy anything from the street vendors. They just kinda ogle around and look nervous.
There are a lot of restuarants for mi chaor srok as well as FOB Cambos, but one place opened about eight years ago or so that tried to be barang-friendly, but the white people still wouldn't eat there and it closed quick. Now, though, I've seen a few Cambodian joints open up outside of Little Cambodia, but I somehow doubt they'll ever really be popular.
I've posted some of my Khmer food here before but people just think it looks/sounds gross (except for k'tiev, which only Jews, Muslims and vegetarians could possibly hate).
Pick related: pork and pickled mustard stir-fry (chruk jrouk spey). Only picture of it I could find was from a Thai site, tho.

Make a sort of cream-sauce with it and serve it glazed on some salmon

>tfw ran out of store bought dill weed and then found some growing in my backyard
>tfw wild dill weed made excellent salmon

In my province if honey dill doesn't come with your tendies the establishment is fucking up

dill is absolutely my fav herb. look up how to make gravlax, it's stupid easy. i do recommend that you skin your salmon first because mine was still raw on that end despite guides saying it'd be fine.

alternatively i mince it up and mix with minced garlic/lemon juice/olive oil and put over orzo with shrimp, feta, tomatoes, red onions, and maybe kalamatas if you're a salt freak. really good shit

If you google "World's Best Gravlax recipe" you'll get a good one

I'm serious it was delicious

Thanks, I think I am going to try this recipe out.

All the Lao dishes sound interesting though. I will probably give this one a shot as well.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Use it with fish , poach it with butter and such

Dry iiiit

mix it with vodka and eat with mushrooms together

Make a giant pot of borscht