Should I cash out of MTG?

Hey Veeky Forums I have ~$50,000 in Magic: The Gathering cards from when I was a kid. I haven't played the game in maybe 20 years. Should I cash out of MTG? Pic related.

Attached: IMG_0114.jpg (1536x2048, 432K)

Nice LARP.

Not larping. You need a timestamp?

How those cards have worth? I mean isn't it would be easy to create fake ones rare cards and sell as reall? Like could anybody even notice different? People do it with currency why can't with simple cards which I suppose have worse protection machnism

Go for it.

Yes. Timestamp on an unsheathed black lotus.

This

ok one sec

Attached: 20180311_015615.jpg (2714x4820, 2.01M)

SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME: Why is magic being discussed everywhere again?? Did everyone just realize its valueable again? Has something changed?
I haven't heard anyone mention reselling cards since like 2014 and now everyone is discussing it again

if you had the real one next to it, then you probably can't make a fake pass.
otherwise it's free money and happens all the time

It is the new bitcoin

at least take a good chunk of profits.

I'd sell them cause at the end of the day they're just trading cards, you could have a concrete asset like property or whatever instead. There's so many ways you could get fucked over.

Y E S

My parents were wealthy when I was a kid and they pretty much just allowed me to buy a box of cards a month for a good 2 years straight. I've got a stack of these boxes.

I've made about 200k in crypto and have a solid career already. Not sure if I want to cash out now or not. I don't really need the money.

Attached: 20180311_030019 (2).jpg (1701x3025, 984K)

Because Mt.Gox.

Impressed

Be careful trying to sell them, if you're selling to a store you'll at least get money but you won't get what they're worth, make sure you find a safe, secure way to sell them if you do.
I'd hold them in that case, if you don't need the money then let them sit, they either become worth less which isn't going to affect you or worth more which is even better.

You need to put them in protective casing and have them certified by one of those companies that verifies authenticity and quality.

What about Pokemon cards? I have loads in great condition since they've all been untouched in storage since about 2001.

Selling isn't a problem. I'd put up the entire collection and escrow it.

>I'd hold them in that case, if you don't need the money then let them sit, they either become worth less which isn't going to affect you or worth more which is even better.
Unlike most of /bi/z I like to sell at the top. I'm not sure how much more valuable these cards are going to get...

because mt gox what?
because theyre in the news recently or because theres a new exchange for selling cards or what? Literally cant find anything online

The only way they don't become worth more is if Magic goes bust completely, when you're dealing with the old cards that just don't exist anymore there's really not much that's going to make them lose value. As long as Magic has a future they'll be worth something.

Contact Rudy from AlphaInvestments. He is most definitely interested in your collection and you can see what he's willing to pay. You can always say no if you dislike the price.

Make a youtube channel where you take one and do horrible shit to it like scrape the black lotus with a dish wire or use it to clean dog shit of your shoes, also buy expensive dolls like the +1000 usd dolls of characters like Luke Skywalker or Egon from ghost busters and pop their heads of. Make the fucking nerds squeel with anger, make the fucking biggest nerd rage ever happen and bathe in the tears of fat sweaty geeks all over, you will lose some money, and maybe just break even with the youtube views, but you will live a life of glory and fullfilment knowing you made grown men cry like little bitches,

Some of my old cards that were really valuable tanked in value because WOTC started doing reprints. I know that won't happen with the power 9, but still. I've got a near full set of Arabian Nights, a full set of Legends, a bunch of unlimited, 3rd edition, some beta, antiquities.

You probably could get a lot of ad revenue eventually doing this and get some people desperate to buy shit from you to stop it getting ruined.

I think you have another 5 years before prices start to drop. Look at peak classic car prices for example.

That said, I've been contemplating selling my alpha black lotus I've been sitting on since I was 11.

Plz sell to me at discount bro T_T

it would be fucking glorious, you could mangle indiana jones and hold him hostage, every week people would have to pay up so he doesn't get destroyed.

this is fucking hilarious, you should do this OP
make sure to first have the cards professionally graded, so you can add to the angst
ALSO, chink forgeries that are exact replicas (printed using same printing technique on the same equipment, using the same ink mixes) are currently flooding into the MTG market. They will cause the prices of old cards to depreciate, since they are indistinguishable from the real ones.

HOLY SHIT
Bro.. that's insane. You just came up with a new genre. A new niche. Kind of a take on the whole, SEND ME MONEY/SHOW ME TITS OR THE PUPPY GETS IT, kind of thing but honestly pretty brilliant.

You live stream yourself with some sort of collectible while you loom over it with a hammer or blowtorch and nerds have to bid on the item to save it from being destroyed. Rares or 1 of a kind items would be best of course.

Also Someone please answer:
sorry to be a fag

Attached: 1483642297990.jpg (1741x2031, 570K)

sorry, was meant for

Look them up on ebay. The highly graded base set mons can go for a lot.

just sell them dude, valve's artifact just got announced and Richard Garfield made it, it might pop mtg bubble

You need 1000 subscribers to make adsense dollars now.

Isnt black lotus worth 50k by itself?

Honestly I wouldn't sell unless you need the money right now. The value of cards on the reserved list will do nothing but grow as they become more and more scarce.

For example I bought some Lion's Eye Diamonds a few years ago for £50 - £75 and they're now going for just over £100 on Ebay.

Honestly anything on the reserve list is a pretty safe investment. The only thing that kind of worries me is Chinese fakes.

BTW is that an Alpha/Beta Mox Ruby? Put it in a sleeve for fuck's sake!

Attached: 81MzWjDFpYL._SY450_.jpg (321x450, 57K)

Do an auction OP, people are going to get mad at each other to get that shit from you, an auction for every card or something like that

That's a retarded idea and I hope you're trolling. There's no way you make enough money from a YouTube video to recoup the losses on a $25,000 card.

You might as well make a video where you burn down your house to make homeless people mad. It would be "le epic lulz xD" until you realise you just shot yourself in the foot.

mtgox initially stand for Magic The Gathering Online Exchange

Sell them on mtgox OP

i would kill my whole family to have your collection. oldfags players are literally blessed by the gods.

Attached: gto14.jpg (400x300, 30K)

I unironically want to get into MTG, but it seems pretty expensive.