Does Veeky Forums like Whole foods?

Does Veeky Forums like Whole foods?

They get me whole organic cryovaced pork belly when I want to make bacon, so yes.

There's gonna be a lot of meme hate, I'm sure.

They are overpriced for sure, but if you live in flyover-land like me, they offer some more exotic things you can't find in other supermarkets that make them worth checking. Better meat/fish selection too.

I don't like the scale of the stores, the prices or the customers. But they are my best choice for some specific items like dried porcini mushrooms, Field Roast sausages, bulk grains and the like.So I end up there a few times a year. Could never do my weekly shopping there though. The prices of some things there actually make me angry.

This. I go there only for things I literally can't get elsewhere. If you shop there weekly you are probably a disgusting hipster or a dumb soccer mom that spends all of her husband's money on overpriced tea.

Their produce is actually pretty cheap and those cookies at the bakery, so orgasmic.

former coordinator here. shop elsewhere.

No.

>meme hate

There's good reason but I do see your point too, as long as you're not dumb about it

kind of expensive, but if you live in a decent city then its really not much more than other ok urban supermarkets

the meat is good and worth it. fruit and veggies are good, but not worth the price. bulk grains are good value (if compared to buying prepackaged anywhere else). don't bother with the prepackaged stuff if its their store brand since its the same as the prepackaged stuff at other stores. they usually carry a lot of small batch local stuff thats pretty good (maybe I'm hipsterish, but I love trying local hot sauces, beer, etc.)

Some of the stuff is bullshit--I'm not going to pay $6 for "organic cage-free eggs" that are the same as the $2 ones from the regular market (and yes, I know good farm fresh eggs are amazing but thats not what whole foods has).

overall, its good but you'll want another option available for about half your weekly shopping.

I'll second this on the cookies. best chocolate chip cookies from a store, and rank very highly overall

They occasionally have very reasonably priced produce and their bulk section is bomb.

Good selection of dairy. Have gotten some very tasty cottage cheese and yogurt.

Good meat and fish, if overpriced. I get chicken livers $3/lb when it's up front.

Their burgers/smokehouse are great, and if your location has a bar they have a great rotating beer selection.

>Pull into parking lot, soccer mom with suburban yells at me for taking her parking spot
>Walk in shoprite
>Instantly bombarded by "DEALS" and shitty chinese dollar store plastic garbage the second I walk in
>Hamplanets, boomers, unruly children and invalids as far as the eye can see
>Sterile fluorescent lights illuminating long white aisles of junk food and soda, puke in at least one of them
>Snacks and catfood on the corner of every aisle
>Truck ripened factory farmed produce, bagged salads with extra large bottles of ranch nearby
>No choices
>$2.99 Rotisserie chickens melting in their plastic containers since 10 am
>Tyson and Purdue extra jumbo chicken breasts leaking in the meat section
>Seafood can be smelled over 20 feet away
>Half browned "choice" steaks wallowing in their white foam tombs
>Long checkout lines where I have to bag my own food
Yeah I'd rather pay more at Whole Foods.

>fish selection

I'm in trully bumfuck flyover land and that may be why, but the fish, while a wide selection, is generally of poor quality. I do much better going to the large international market for fish. The pork, beef, chicken and produce, on the other hand, are topnotch, if overpriced. But I only go once a month because it's basically a 100 mile round trip. I trully live in the middle of nowhere.

topkek, because of the truth of it.

They're ok but I have no reason to shop there because I live across the street from a co-op

Their 365 brand stuff is good and very reasonably priced. I don't mind paying a bit more for their meat over say, Safeway. Bakery is great. Produce is retarded

It's a fucking meme I used to work there.

Great cheese section.

Disgusting corporate culture hiding behind a friendly, fresh and organic persona that preys on a healthy combination of the rich and the ignorant.

I only go there when I feel like having an orange but don't feel like peeling one

whole foods is like an apple product.

>liberals love them
>hip people love them
>rich people love them
>they are a little better than their competition
>however this does not justify the outrageous prices
>the only people who hate on them are to poor to ever have them.

No, fuck them. Choices market is my go to, followed by UrbanFare. Vancouver BC fags will know what I am talking about. Whole Foods is a shitty, overpriced shit chain and only stupid faggots who think they are helping the world and making it a better place by shopping at a multinational chain grocer. Also the people there can't cook for shit most of the time and I don't like paying $8 for a couple spoonfuls of dry, stale brown rice and vegetables from the fucking hot bar.

I used to live somewhere where whole foods was the best place to shop for high quality meat and cheese and produce. There is definitely value in whole foods if you live somewhere that doesn't have a really strong food culture.

over price meme-tier food for libs and yuppies

Only for some things

Publix is better.

Overpriced and their stores are hit and miss (but even the goods ones aren't worth it). They have some good things like dry bulk items, store brand, some big daily sales, and their prepared foods can be good. Definitely don't buy your weekly groceries here though unless there isn't much else around.

I live in Philly and I can get better stuff elsewhere for much cheaper (especially meat and fish), but I have really good butchers and fish mongers around me.

Interesting. This analysis ignores the savvy. There's always a hack if you know your shit. They're are people getting fresher ingredients from other sources for cheap, whether ir be Amish farms or Chinatown. You just have to get your ass there if you want to be a part of it. I've run Apple OS on cheap PC's. It isn't hard.

>I have really good butchers and fish mongers around me.

You're lucky. I live in shithole bumfuck and we don't have any other option. And it's a fuck long drive away. Not asking for sympathy, but perhaps empathy is in order.

people who shop there and buy apple products do it for the public image and the simplicity. i agree with you tho about hacking the system.

I only buy beer there.

Where the fuck do you live? Regular supermarkets in Cali are great

>jack poster
>calling other people degenerates
Go Fuck yourself. Reported.

It's the closest thing to me other than Giant. It takes me 25+ min to get to any decent ethnic supermarket.
>t-thanks DC

Their meat is pretty good quality and actually decently priced, especially the seafood.

The produce is always too expensive and I've seen old stuff there.

Their baked items are great though.

The deli in the one near my house is really good... where are you exactly?

I agree with all of this. Meat and fish are good not much if any more expensive than other places.

Produce is all too expensive. Some is really good, but not worth the price. Other stuff is same as anywhere else, and definitely not worth the price.

Better cheese selection than other grocery stores. I feel like I get what I pay for.

Eggs/Dairy: ridiculously expensive relative to anywhere else. I can't image a bottle of cream being worth $8.

Bulk shit is good, and for most people its the only place to buy bulk sundries

>tfw Whole Foods has no interest in the Hudson Valley

>shop at Hannafords

Downtown. Deli here is shit, Cambie is not much better. West Vancouver is alright. Still overpriced as fuck.