ITT Sick Food

Let's have a comfy sick food thread. What do you guys eat when you're feeling under the weather/ill? Soup? Rice? Veggie stew? Homemade, or just pop the top to a can because fuck this, you're getting dizzy just holding the can opener.

I have the walking pneumonias, relapsing after over a year. Was almost hospitalized for it last time, and let it go untreated for months because I had a new job I had to work at. And now it's come back to bite me in the ass. Poop. Currently not eating this, but wanting it. Just water and beef broth so far.

Other urls found in this thread:

survivingcollegelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/dsc04410.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=dKtySwuIZec
wellnessmama.com/35668/garlic-soup-recipe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is that Campbell's? I had the runs a few weeks ago and that shit was my savior for when I could not stomach anything. However, the "chicken" is an abortion. Had to drag myself later to a Chick-fil-A to have a decent chicken noodle soup

To be honest I just like eating it cold from the can. No water, no microwave, there's something incessantly childish about eating it like that.

Beef stew or rice are my go to under the weather food.

chicken & dumplings > beef stew > chicken surprise > chicken soup

whoops forgot chicken and rice

chicken & dumplings > beef stew > chicken and rice > chicken surprise > chicken soup

Any variation of chicken/beef and barley stew.

Avgo-Lemono Soup
Congee

These were what my parents made for me growing up.

If you have trouble with solids when you're sick, a great solution would be miso. Just get some miso paste and stir it into a mug of hot water. This way you are hydrating, warming yourself, and getting nutrients and electrolytes.

I used to always have Heinz chicken soup, turkey sandwiches and orange lucozade when I was ill as a kid, still reminds me of being snug in bed watching shit 90s daytime tv

Really spicy food helps me when I'm sick, I tend to suffer from congestion and there's something about it that just perks you right up. Spicy soups are the best.

Jello is also good.

I live in cowboyville Texas, there's not much miso around here. Which is unfortunate.

I've gotten to rice, but nearly lost my lunch several times. Had to force myself to scarf down a bowl. I've found that putting in some ginger, a little salt, and a LITTLE garlic powder in the rice helps, though. And it smells pretty good.

I'm sick too op, thinking I'll make some broth chicken soup like since that's how my mum made it. Got conjunctivitis on top of it all though, so dunno how I'll be doing this half blinded by eye gunk

warm jello

survivingcollegelife.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/dsc04410.jpg

Sucks, user, hopefully that clears up for you... Just be super master chef and make chicken noodle blind. I got some HUGE chicken boobies to make soup out of, gonna do that when I can stand upright for more than 5 minutes.

Chicken and motherfucking dumplings

youtube.com/watch?v=dKtySwuIZec

Chef John is the coziest Youtube cooking channel. Plebs can go away.

Soothing garlic soup
wellnessmama.com/35668/garlic-soup-recipe/

a water based soup, some roasted garlic bread. roast a whole head of garlic and spread it on some french bread, with butter and salt.

oysters are good for the immune system, not as comfy as garlic bread though.

go for it with berries and pomegranates too, squeeze lemon into some water.

OP is back with some questions. Do you guys make the broth from super scratch (bones, herbs, veggies, salt, pepper) or do you use a bouillon cube/premade stock? I use bouillon when I'm sick, because I can't be trusted around the stove for that long when I'm ill, plus I like to control the flavor more than rely on what another company produces, and I think spices + bouillon is the best way to do that.

Graduated to plain pasta today, gonna try to make chicken and rice soup tomorrow. Gettin some sleep now.

>super scratch