>probably growing in your backyard right now
>delicious
>grow in bunches for easy finding

whats your excuse for not eating them?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/z3taB
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gotta pick them really early, once they turn black they taste like shit

haven't had any of them in a while since there's lots of stray cats roaming the neighborhood gardens, and I neither feel like eating cat piss flavoured mushrooms, nor like setting up death traps to remove felines.

pretty good shrooms though

The blue meanies are better.

>mushrooms grow really well in my area
>every single one is inedible or unidentifiable
maybe i should just try and cultivate my own

best shroom stopping by

morels have been a meme ever since michael pollan wrote omnivore's dilemma

>I neither feel like eating cat piss flavoured mushrooms, nor like setting up death traps to remove felines.
Do you even Dorf?

They're not in season here. Also over hyped.

If you post some photos of the unidentifiable ones I might be able to help you identify them.

I wonder what plump helmets would taste like.

theese are best

>probably growing in your backyard right now
As someone currently living in a desert, they are most definitely not growing in my backyard.

Because you don't want to eat shaggy ink caps when they're old, and these fuckers grow in the woods way back there, and you do NOT want to mix the two up, which you might plausibly do if they're both babies and you missed the ring and vulva and spore pattern.

Pity, really.

Same with puffballs. There are a few of those, they both seem to love the silver birch trees but again, so do the angels, and fuck that noise.

this

>mistaking shaggy manes for Amanita
Not sure if serious.

Have any of you guys eaten Chicken of the Woods? Good, or overrated too? I've just recently heard about it and it seems delicious, especially after checking out this gallery for whatever reason imgur.com/a/z3taB

pic is chicken-fried chicken of the woods.

have eaten raw, off the tree. Not great

Are you even supposed to do that? Not that it's toxic, but because all the stuff I've seen about them has people cooking them in one way or another, never preparing raw.

Because I don't have a backyard.

I've had it once, cooked some up like lemon pepper chicken and also did some soups with it. The texture is of course a bit different from shredded chicken, but it really is pretty good.

>2011+10-2^2
>not eating the tastiest mushroom on earht

Fucking plebs.

Muh man

If you mistake an amanita for a coprinus, you deserve the liver failure, you fucking retard.

Been harvesting my regular patches for a few weeks now. This unusually warm weather means they last longer than they usually do. Feels good.

I don't have a backyard

I just made a quick throw together sandwich which included these puppies but they were kind of bland, any recommendations?

Maybe try those in a stew with carrots and pork or beef. They are quite good and my grandson loves to pick them with me.

>Trust your life to some rando on Veeky Forums

Theres no point

tranny spotted

ITT: Disgusting shit.

Bout to cook these badboys with breafast for the senpai, my kid especially loves these wildfounds

Using the classic garlic and butter, what species is it btw?

Lepista personata, very good mushrooms.
Nicely found user.

A lot of times it comes down to the fact that maybe those edible mushrooms are not commonly eaten in your area. Just because you don't have porcini and chanterelles growing nearby doesn't mean there's nothing edible around.
Honey fungus is in season till the first frost, you can maybe find some inkcaps and polipores like chicken of the wood. As the other user said, post some photos and we'll try to identify.

Had it several times in the Czech Republic. Tasted like chicken breast, only a bit harder and blander. Not very impressed with it.

Oh shit really, i was just trying to b8

Got a load in my garden, gonna check to see if you arent trying to kill me then munch on em

Got plenty frozen
Also dried horns of plenty and ton of dried yellowfoots

Hilarious guys, no one has ever made this joke every single time a mushroom thread appears on Veeky Forums since the inception of this board.

Those aren't drugs retard

The amanita bisporigera joke is also older than methuselah.

>whats your excuse for not eating them?

I am not want to be an kill.

>Those aren't drugs retard
That's the second joke that is never made in every single time a mushroom thread appears on Veeky Forums since the inception of this board.

Shaggy manes are among the most fool proof mushrooms to collect.

Literally the only thing you might mistake for shaggy manes is coprinus atremantaria, and the worst those will do is make you feel nausea and headaches if you consume alcohol within a few days of eating the mushroom.

Let me know if you died :3

Best mushroom coming through

all i ever see in stores is white/crimini/portobello and i have never noticed any local growing mushhooms, but dang i really want to try some other kinds of mushrooms. im in socal, is there anything around here i should look for?

Got a mushroom casserole in the oven right now lads

It's looking great

Probably not edible but I love the color of these

Literally the worst thing I've ever eaten. Creamed spinach and morel mushrooms. Never again.

^^^^ Thats it for now ^^^^^ colored mushrooms

if I ate that would I die?

these are great

PROBABLY

it would be extremely painful

I'm a big guy

>be 6, walking home from detention at 7pm, winter, dark as fuck
>bigass round thing on the ground, think it's a ball
>kick
>fucking explodes into a cloud of what the fuck
>run home, find dusty shit on hands, lick it because 6 and retarded
>ask mom what an exploding dust ball in the grass would be, learn about puffballs
>remember seeing a documentary about spores that turn bugs into zombies
>fully believing I'm going to die, but not really giving a shit, write will/goodbye letter
>leave it on school cafeteria table the next day because 6 and retarded
>watch kid from homeroom pick it up, stuff it in his backpack because also 6 and retarded
>let's call him jimbo
>few days later, jimbo disappears from school
>fast forward 20 years
>I get a bit Veeky Forums, get a bit /out/, indulge in the fruit of the earth including shrooms
>join facebook, reconnect with tons of old friends
>eventually ask if anyone remembers jimbo
>turns out they found a "suicide note" in his backpack when he was only 6 and retarded
>sent to counseling, therapy, eventually homeschooled
>his family fell apart and he was taken from them, fostered until 18, fell into drugs, got locked up for a bit, disappeared when he got out
>mfw I kicked a shroom's ass and then the shrooms kicked jimbo's ass

I don't eat wild mushrooms anymore.

amatoxins give precisely 0 shits about how big you are.

4 u

get this NatGeo shit out of here and go back to /out/