Hey, Veeky Forums, what's your usual Thanksgiving menu?

Hey, Veeky Forums, what's your usual Thanksgiving menu?

We make:
>Turkey
>Stuffing
>Crescent rolls
>Corn
>Green beans with onion and bacon
>Sweet potato casserole (dem marshmallows)
>Deviled eggs
>Cranberry sauce
>Cheese ball (usually eaten while dinner is cooking though)

And for dessert it's a choice between:
>Pumpkin pie
>Pumpkin roll
>Apple pie

Turkey
Stove top brand stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Mashed potatoes
Corn
Pearl onions
Sweet Potato
Brussel sprouts
Gravy with mushrooms

Dessert
Apple pie
Any desserts mom makes

Traditional:
Smoked turkey x2, one applewood, one something else
Roasted turkey
Roasted ham
Rolls
Stuffing
Sweet potato casserole
Green bean casserole
Mashed potatoes
Cranberry sauce

This year we're adding
Pita
Lamb and beef greek style gyro
Hummus
Tzatziki
Lebanese style roasted chicken

I have five siblings, and they all have kids. Plus my 4 aunts and uncles and their kids. Probably 30 people total

Forgot savory pumpkin pie

Also desserts:
Apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Cherry cobbler
Adding baklava this year

Drink:
Several kinds of wine, making Moscato brandy this year
Various beers
Mulled cider

>pearl onions
kill yourself

OP here, forgot mashed potatoes somehow!

Yay, I love these threads. So comfy.

When the whole family is together (which hasn't been the case the past few years) we make a pretty big spread:
Turkey
Stuffing
Gravy
Cranberry sauce
Asparagus
Homemade noodles
Baked and stuffed sweet potatoes (savory, not that shite sweet stuff)
Green bean casserole (made from scratch, not the generic recipe) OR Corn Pudding (if you've never had corn pudding, you're missing out)
Relish Plate (that includes deviled eggs, olives, stuffed celery, cherry tomatoes, pickles both sweet and sour, pickled okra, and cherry peppers)
Homemade yeast rolls
Apple or Pear pie
Bourbon-Pecan Pie
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Plus appetizers for early in the day like mini quiches, olive cheese puffs, a crudite tray, and sausage balls

BUT, since it's just my little three person family this year, it's going to be much smaller. I'm tentatively doing:
Rotisseried Turkey (we have a rotisserie for our grill, and it makes the best turkey ever)
Gravy
Stuffing
A small batch of roasted baby potatoes
Sauteed green beans OR roasted asparagus
Caramelized pearl onions
Cranberry sauce (homemade)
Yeast rolls
a small relish plate (just a few of our favorite things)
Pumpkin pie or Bourbon Pecan pie, depending on who wins the argument, lel
And, I'll probably make sausage balls for us to snack on in the morning with a small fruit tray.

>Turkey
>Honey butter yeast rolls
>Green beans w/ pancetta and pearl onions
>Mashed potatoes
>Bourbon glazed carrots
>Stuffing
>Kale, watercress and dandelion salad (usually used in hash the next morning
>Sweet potato pie
>Pumpkin muffins/scones
>cherry and blueberry buckle (great for sitting around with coffee to fight food coma)
>peach cobbler

Fuck, why isn't Thanksgiving here yet?

I'm only cooking for myself and myself parents so we're not having a ton but this is what's on the list so far:

Roasted Turkey Breast + Braised Leg Quarter.

Ginger Pear Cranberry Sauce

Stuffing/Dressing (Sourdough, Pistachio, Apple, Dried Cranberry, Mushroom)

Garlic Mashed Potato + Turkey Gravy (I have a nice stock from last year)

Green Bean Casserole (Gruyere & Parm)

Sweet Potato Crunch (this is something my mom makes, I'm not sure how to explain it. I consider it more of a dessert but my parents like it as a side dish)

Home made Dinner Rolls

Pumpkin Pie

I usually sit alone in my house as I drink and eat some shitty fast food.

I always have green bean casserole, carrot souffle and cranberry relish. I am flexible about the centerpiece meat, I like to try different things. I've done ham, game hens and duck.

I'm alone for Thanksgiving this year. I'm gonna splurge on quail since I don't have to buy enough for a group.

>inb4 tfw

It's okay guys, I have friends and they'll be back home for Christmas.

I don't have a "typical" menu every year, but this is the my menu for this Thanksgiving:

2 Smoked Turkey Breasts
Cured, Country Ham
Fried Biscuits w/Apple Butter
Orange w/Wine, Cranberry Sauce
Fennel, Onion, Sausage Dressing
Dried Cranberry, Walnut Wild Rice
Brown Sugar Glazed Baby Carrots
Green Beans w/Cream Sherry Sauce

Cherry Pie
Derby Pie and fresh whipped cream

Apple Sausage Puffs
Cinnamon Candied Nuts
Fruit w/Yogurt Dip
Homemade Crab Cheeseball and Crackers
Raw Veggie Tray
Caramel Popcorn Balls

May you be thankful for Pepe

Nothing what so ever

for me it's the McChicken the best fast food sandwich

turkey
ham
kielbasa
mashed potatos
peas, carrots, corn, lima and green bean mix
corn on the cob
honey buns and bread (i bring kings hawaiian to the table)
homemade noodles with gravy
deviled eggs

for desert its usually

pumpkin pie
apple pie
peach pie
nut rolls
cookies
vanilla icecream

That's a Filet o' Fish, fagwich.

for me it's the McChicken

okay, i chuckled

So I don't like stuffing, and I think it's the sage.

What's a good sage-less recipe?
been looking around the web and seems like savory and thyme are decent substitutions.

I'm one of those lucky people that gets to drive to three different houses. The list is too long to type out. I usually hate eating for a couple weeks afterwards. I'm already looking forward to the quiet time by myself in the car in between the drama.

Dude, i’m gonna type as sober as possible, that honestly looks fcking pathetic and disgusting compared to my meal. and I’m being one hundred percent serious. Sorry we dont cook sht that was previously in cans. you’re a fuking joke dude, and im dead fuking serious. get a real family that cooks good food, drinks beer and wine and winecoolers and has a good fuking time, and has a million dollar house on the beach, im seriously.. dont ever post your fuking poverty dinner on these forums ever the fuk again bro, and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking phaggot

>trying THIS hard to be pretentious.

Eat shit, fagbait.

This is my first Thanksgiving after getting married and we're celebrating all of our first major holidays alone together, which is nice because as much as I love my family I really hate spending long periods of time with them.

We're just two people, so no big turkey.
>Cornish hens
>green bean casserole
>mashed potatoes and gravy
>stuffing with caramelized onion, parsley, and bacon
>rolls
>dessert I have not decided on but would like to use my new springform pan

any ideas for a dessert in a springform pan that isn't cheesecake?

The stuffing I'm making isn't traditional but has been a big hit with everyone who's tried it

>day old pieces of ciabatta bread
>a large onion (or two depending on the size)
>bacon
>parsley
>egg
>1/2 cup chicken broth

fry up the bacon and set aside a spoonful of bacon fat. caramelize the onion in the bacon fat and let it cool.

in a bowl, mix up the egg, the broth, a handful of chopped parsley, some black pepper, and the ciabatta pieces (any thick, dry bread will do, but make sure it's totally dry as it'll soak up the liquid like a sponge), then toss in the onions and crumble up the bacon. bake at 400 for about 15-20 minutes

Is it really stuffing, or dressing?

The way I have always known it is, stuffing is "stuffed" inside the turkey, while dressing is on the side. I have also made a version called stuffin' muffins where you bake your dressing in a muffin pan for individual servings.

dressing then. though it's really the same end product, isn't it?

Isn't it always the same shit every single time? Pretty sure it is. I'd rather reply with my favorite part: stuffing. But they have to actually get some of it toasted a bit. It's not that I can say I don't like soggy stuffing since anything below the top surface is probably going to be just that, but if you get a layer of crispy bits on top, that is my favorite part of the whole meal. Green bean casserole is pretty good too with those crispy fried onion bits on top. The turkey is kind of.... lackluster in comparison, really. I don't ever find the turkey to be worthwhile, no matter where I have it or who makes it. It may sound backwards and questionable, but I find the turkey to be the filler, not the sides. I've had baked, smoked and fried turkey... and its just boring every way. The "sides" absolutely make the whole meal.

Turkey
Dressing (make it outside of the bird)
Mashed potatoes
from-scratch yeast dinner rolls
Yams or sweet potato pie
Cheesecake (maybe... very dense and rich)

turkey, arroz con gandules, potato salad. flan de queso for dessert. coke to drink.

food is always good but our thanksgivings are always very simple and boring. my family doesn't care enough/ put much effort into it. I have mixed feelings about thanksgiving, 'cause sometimes the drama amuses me but sometimes it's just depressing.

they're also very conservative so no alcohol or loud music allowed, which is how it usually goes for puerto rican thanksgivings and how most of my friends' families celebrate it

Dead jews smoked in zyklon b at 888F for 30 minutes with a side of mashed potatoes and macaroni salad.

We make:
>Turkey
>Glazed spiral ham
>stuffing
>mashed potatoes
>mashed rutabaga
>sweet potato casserole
> brussel sprouts with chestnuts
>green beans with almonds
>rolls
>cranberry sauce
>salad

Eat before dinner:
>brie en croute

Dessert:
>sweet potato pie
>pecan pie
>french silk pie

Drink:
>tons of red wine, probably some pinot and syrah
>beer
>bourbon (either place or warm with apple cidar)
>hennessy (family is half black and half white)
>sometimes a dessert wine or digestif when all is settled down

it's pretty fucking good

based as fuck

Family has always done boring af baked in oven.
This year I've ordered a turducken.
If it faila they can have bragging rights and continue their terrible tasting practice

STALE pasta.

Imagine being this upset about other people having nice, normal Thanksgiving dinners.

Pork leg Roast
Rice and Pigeon Peas
Cassava Pockets
Beer (medalla)
Coconut Rice Pudding

Which island are you from?

What do you mean?

>pernil
>arroz con gandules
>pasteles
>medalla
that's Christmas menu nigga not thanksgiving

A shitty 7-11 sandwich, a bottle of cheap vodka, and a heaping portion of depression.

I'm so excited for Thanksgiving this year. It's only 3 of us usually, but we have leftovers for weeks and make the most bomb sandwiches out of them.

Drinks:
Prosecco
Mulled wine

Dinner:
Cheese & charcuterie plate
Deviled Eggs
Turkey + gravy
Stuffing
Cranberry Sauce
Loaded Mashed Potatoes with cheddar, mixed veggies, bacon
Salad with pumpkin bread croutons+fruit(idk what kind yet)+feta cheese+pecans+cranberry dressing

Dessert:
Pecan Pie

yelling fights

We usually cook Syrian or Lebanese food. My family were Christian missionaries in those areas for many years and wrote books on it.