What are some good meat substitutes, ideally without soy...

What are some good meat substitutes, ideally without soy? I'm not a vegetarian or vegan so IDGAF if they use animal products. I'm just trying to cut down my calories.

Technically a meat substitute, but I've been using turkey bacon over normal bacon. I don't want to be stuck just eating turkey and some chicken though. I want some tolerable substitutes for beef and pork,.

>I'm just trying to cut down my calories.
Trying to replace meat is a stupid idea. Just make more vegetable dishes. Besides, certain meats are healthy.

Just beans and mushrooms if I want something in place of a nice burger, steak or ragu? At least with pasta I can replace the minced meat with red kidney beans.

I made patties out of lentils once and they tasted awful and kept falling apart. Vegetables just don't taste the same as meat and don't have the same consistency as meat either no matter what kinds of ingredients/spices you add. If you want a meat substitute you're mostly stuck with soy.

Nothing is going to replace meat. That doesn't mean you can't eat meat, just eat it less often.

Chicken & turkey breast meat basically has no fat and low calories.

A good lentil burger tastes great, this fag probably fucked up .

For making them yourself soak the lentils overnight (around 200g), after that drain them. Pour the lentils inside a blender along with a finely diced onion and 2 cloves of galic, salt and pepper to taste.

To cook them just as with a meat burger, it won't fall apart don't worry, no need of bread crumbs or egg.

>but I've been using turkey bacon over normal bacon.
Just use center cut bacon over turkey bacon. The turkey bacon is made with dark meat turkey, not the lean kind. So, when you cut off the ends of the bacon, center cut, well, the bacon ends up being the healthier option.

Just roast some delicious meat. Turkey breast! For an occasional lower fat meal you should just look for nice flavorful toppings like salsas, chimmichurri, herb flecked crunchy crusts, yogurt sauce, mostarda... serving it on salads, just you know, moderation on the fattier kinds of meats.

Instead of replacing/removing a whole category out of your plate, try the following:

1. Deep-fry less, use more the oven.
2. Reduce portions.
3. Replace soda with water.
4. Eat more veggies and fruits.
5. Use leaner cuts.

>this fag probably fucked up
Nope fag i stuck to the recipe that some vegan bitch posted on her website. Lentils NEVER tastes like meat, spices can't change that. You vegans just keep telling yourselves that you can imitate meat flavor but that just isn't true and self deception. Enjoy your lentil patties that taste like card box even with lots of spices added.

Who told you lentils taste like meat? Lentils taste like lentils.

>cutting carbs
>replaces the meat in a pasta dish instead of the pasta

Veeky Forums, I...

I can replace white pasta with brown pasta or zucchini. I just didn't feel a need to state it since this is about substituting meat.

Seitan is a good meat substitute!!!!!!

Quorn

Portobello mushrooms actually don't make terrible burger-like things imo but I agree with user focus on reducing portions rather than replacing meat

This. Quorn is actually pretty fucking tasty. I buy their sausages and burgers sometimes.

Seitan can replace meat easy

Field Roast "sausages" are really fucking delicious. I think they have some soy, but they're mostly gluten.They're the only meat substitutes I bother with because they're the only ones I've found that come close to scratching the same itch.

Chicken of the Woods is a type of mushroom that taste just like chicken.

just eat less of an amount of meat you nimrod

Grilled portobello mushrooms make good burgers.

I know you'd prefer without soy but soy chorizo is great.

halloumi or portobello mushroom