>why did he do what he did in 2015?

Attached: file.png (810x540, 566K)

Other urls found in this thread:

slop.systems/bitcoin-mystery-project.html
towardsdatascience.com/stylometric-analysis-satoshi-nakamoto-294926cdf995
bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin cash/address/19hZx234vNtLazfx5J2bxHsiWEmeYE8a7k
vu.hn/bitcoin origins.html#they-no-longer-listen-to-me
twitter.com/elliot_olds/status/890838798648594433
p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008:Comment:55276
online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/finneynakamotoemails.pdf
cs.cornell.edu/~ie53/publications/btcProcFC.pdf).
satoshisvisionconference.com/).
twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/904326404367671296).
youtube.com/watch?v=5DCAC1j2HTY).
reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/6sz04j/bitcoin_sha256_and_the_nsa/
steemit.com/bitcoin/@thetopiciscool/cryptography-nsa-ibm-cypherpunks-hal-finney-dorian-satoshi-nakamoto-nick-szabo-bitcoin
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking hard to say, there are solid facts proving his early involvement in bitcoin, there are also weird things like him back editing his blog. I don't know.

He is. People don't like to admit it because he's a finance jerk instead of a tech niceguy. No one would doubt him if he looked and spoke like Vitalik instead of like a trader who does 6 lines of coke for breakfast.

Attached: sk.png (1500x769, 916K)

also, if craig *is* satoshi, does this mean that bch is going to curbstomp btc? been going deep down the rabbit hole mining his twitter for info recently.

To be honest, I dislike BCH for one single reason: patents. That goes against my philosophy. Giving power to ASIC cartels in the long term is not so good either.

Even if he is *the one*, that is not an authority to be these days

*not an authority to me

i'm disappointed, son.

Attached: satomi.jpg (624x351, 27K)

He'll be gaining control of the Tulip trust in 2020, just in time for the halvening. After that, all bets are off.

Bitcoin Cash doesn't seem very serious, though. It's mediocre and Ver won't even hire a bunch of developers to improve it to the point that it's better than Bitcoin. The whole thing smells of the Libertarian obsession with power and control.

yeah dude. It's pretty obvious that the battle has already been won. They are using BTC to siphon off fiat from investors (retail and institutional) but once Jihan and Craig get bored of that the good doctor will convert the genesis block to BCH.

wright has been very emphatic that he does not want to share his sandbox--that there is no room in the future for multiple cryptos. further, that if btc had been competently administered, there would never have been anything like the present alt boom. there also is the issue of that bitcoin *needs* to establish its hegemony within the next 8 years or else it is going to perish, due to the mining economics. this means getting it established as a *real* currency, not just a medium of speculation. there needs to be transaction volume to both keep miners mining but also keep per tx fees as small (near 0) as possible. bitcoin will die if it can't do this. so i get the patent perspective.

re: asics: we're not going back to bobby mining on his 1060. asics raise the barriers to entry, which is arguably a good thing. it becomes harder to bring a burst of new compute online temporarily in order to manipulate the network.

>once Jihan and Craig get bored of that the good doctor will convert the genesis block to BCH
holy fuck i can only imagine.
i wonder whether tanking BTC would tank BCH too, at least in the present environment
nov 1 2018 will be the 10 year anniversary btw :)

up

>wakes up
>Craig Wright thread
>its gonna be a good day

Any news from the Kleiman side at all?

Btw, OP, if you ever want to talk, I am very much interested in Professor Wright.

slop.systems/bitcoin-mystery-project.html

>People don't like to admit it
No, people say he's fake satoshi because he faked the cryptographic proof. Stop judging based on appearances you fucking normie.

>they are investigating. release the fake proof to throw them off the trail

Attached: rare_satoshi_.jpg (420x631, 116K)

The back-edited stuff is certainly strange. I feel like obviously he should know why that would be a terrible idea, and I can't tell if he's using that to his advantage or not.

But he's not a finance guy? At least to my knowledge. Perhaps he's studied it.

i mean, you're probably much more knowledgeable than me. i'd be curious to hear what you think.

He is not satoshi

Sorry he's not a beta neet :(

I wouldn't care if the real Satoshi was a megachad, he just has to prove it.

Craig Wright didn't prove anything, so anyone who believes he's Satoshi is extremely gullible.

>be real satoshi
>receive threat that someone is going to dox you
>dont want to be doxxed
>issue fake public proclamation of being satoshi
>be universally derided as a scam artist
>win

Gullible people? In MY crypto!?

If this is your opinion you have done 0 research.

To be honest, I really only started digging deep very recently, like in the past few weeks. Have you read The Satoshi Affair yet?

I do believe that he was involved, or that he at least is brilliant enough to exist in the same conceptual headspace as Satoshi. I still have yet to go through a ton of materials.

I will say, I certainly *hope* it was Dr. Wright. Out of all the theories out there (many of which haven't been mentioned in years despite being totally valid), that one captures my imagination the most.

Why wouldn't he simply deny it like the dozens of other people accused of being Satoshi unless he wanted the plausible deniability from idiots like you who will believe him still?

Derp

Close enough. Except he believed his own hype like the arrogant asshole that he is and stayed in the limelight instead or away like he planned to.

Why wouldn't you choose to believe it's a CIA invention? That's by far the most fun theory.
BTW my pic is actual evidence that Fag Wright isn't Satoshi

Attached: Not_Satoshi.png (1068x385, 41K)

If the NSA didn't invent Satoshi, they 100% know who he is through stylometry.

That is a fun one as well, but there's not too many clues to bounce off of at the end of the day.

Also, this may sound naive but, has Snowden ever spoke/hinted about any government involvement in Bitcoin? He was in the NSA around that same time IIRC

I was thinking recently, if all the Bitcoin miners in the world switched their power towards a stylometric supernetwork I bet they could crack it fairly easily, even just using public data sets.

it's funny watching cashies lose their money but this lie could be tricking gullible noobs and that's kind of sad

Haven't seen any evidence but it's so much in their wheelhouse. To me it's actually more simple and plausible than the usual story. It's so useful for them.

craig wright is based af. a high functioning autist, literally one of us. he probably secretly hates niggers too.

Maybe, but the NSA has access to such a vast corpus of data that I don't even think it compares.

towardsdatascience.com/stylometric-analysis-satoshi-nakamoto-294926cdf995

An interesting article but it only uses a corpus of publications from people already suspected of being Satoshi. Also unsure if it includes Satoshi's bitcointalk posts.

any not autistic person knows he's a fraud by his attention craving personality that (besides being opposite what one would expect of satoshi) would lead him to prove identity if it was a fact.

but in all seriousness we can't let this guy get his hands on the genesis block

>any non autistic person
so retarded normies?

I tend to trust Peter Rizun's judgement on that one. He tricked him into showing incompetence on something that Satoshi is known to be aware of.
That said, there's tons of facts proving his early involvement. So whether he's Satoshi or not, he's an early contributor, adopter, and most importantly - a large holder.
I might prefer BCH for ideological purposes, but BCH overtaking BTC will be the result of shady practices. And yes, it will happen unless there's another huge bull market where BTC hits $50,000 and above.
... Simply because Roger Ver, Calvin Ayre, Craig Wright, Jihan Wu, a couple of Chinese friends of Jihan's, the bitcoin.com cofounder - practically all of those are billionaires, and all of them hold upwards of 300,000 BCH (considering how most accumulated at 0.06BTC and they all owned more than 50,000BTC before the fork).

Simply take a look at this address - bitinfocharts.com/bitcoin cash/address/19hZx234vNtLazfx5J2bxHsiWEmeYE8a7k

With 3M+ BCH lost, 9M+ in the hands of solid hodlers who aren't going to sell, there's not that many BCH floating around. If you're the owner of the above address and you pour $10M into the market, you gain $100M in your portfolio. If you pour $100M - your portfolio increases with more than a billion. It actually makes NO SENSE that they wouldn't simply pump that coin.
The only 2 reasons they haven't done that yet are:
1. The bull market just ended, and a flippening would have been costly. Now it's not costly anymore and you can even accumulate further before you proceed.
2. It would have been an obvious fake pump, because there wasn't any exciting news around the project. However, there's 2 major forks planned for this year, and these give the excuse to pump BCH while posturing as if its growth in price is natural.
I'd bet that the real pump will come with the fork by the end of the year, but 0.2BTC price after the April fork is definitely reasonable, too.

Attached: BcatJJxCQAEcIVA.jpg (600x1066, 47K)

>He tricked him into showing incompetence on something that Satoshi is known to be aware of
more on this?
who do you think is satoshi?

What I want to know is, why haven't there been more stylometrics beyond the basic ones like the one you linked? In fact, that may actually be the only publicly avaliable stylo on Satoshi now that I think about it. Off to Google.

>any not autistic person knows he's a fraud by his attention craving personality that (besides being opposite what one would expect of satoshi) would lead him to prove identity if it was a fact.

It's more complicated than that, though. Read up on his deal with nCrypt. The way I kind of see it is, what he really wants is professional validation rather than public vindication, if that makes sense. He wants to be known for the work, not the myth. Which isn't really possible, so the general sentiment now is "Probably Not," which I would say is still a pretty good deal in his case.

>slop.systems/bitcoin-mystery-project.html

i dont see this linked on your site.. this is the story of the origin of bitcoin. you can read it yourself and decide who persons #1 and #2 are.

vu.hn/bitcoin origins.html#they-no-longer-listen-to-me

Attached: rare-satoshi-mining-bitcoins.png (1875x1024, 2.83M)

He undeniably proved it to e.g. Gavin. He is Satoshi and his nchain will be as big as Bitcoin

Attached: DLW4r66W0AAvEv-.jpg (245x327, 12K)

They had a bet -> twitter.com/elliot_olds/status/890838798648594433

Craig showed incompetence when it comes to basic statistics. Maybe a brainfart, as he's smarter than that, but definitely not a brainfart that Satoshi would produce.
I have no clue who Satoshi is, I'm fairly certain that it was neither Hal Finney nor Nick Szabo talking to themselves.
I actually have my own theory that Craig knows who the real Satoshi is. He did show some proof to Gavin, that we know nothing about - so it could have been a hint towards something that Satoshi said to Gavin at some point in 2010... He might even have the private keys despite not being Satoshi...
We can speculate all day, but I doubt we'll ever find out who Satoshi is, and it doesn't matter t_b_h

Attached: l-sasha-rose-go485.jpg (531x800, 59K)

He's not autistic at all, you're really projecting here.

>Craig Wright didn't prove anything

wew lad

Attached: proof.png (1893x1075, 1.86M)

The proof was forged and you can easily reproduce the forgery, there's guides on it everywhere.

no, the proof that he provided to gavin is different than the proof you're referring to. gavin claims he signed a custom message of gavin's choosing for him.

You know, I just finished reading through that site a few days ago. Going to post a writeup soon--- it's certainly very convincing, although parts of it also scream "Reddit LARP"

FWIW, I imagined Wright and Kleiman as #2 and #3 when reading it

he's autistic as fuck. Anyone who isn't a literal retard can see he isn't satoshi, but he also doesn't seem like a con man (what's his con?). He claimed he was satoshi to try to prove a point about decentralization and how people should choose what's best for bitcoin and not wait for some leader. Since people can only make conclusions about something when the media lays it all out in front of them he looked bad because of it. He also seems to want to take over the world and he's a computer nerd. If that's not autistic I don't know what is

Am I supposed to trust Gavin and take his word for everything rather than verifying proof myself? The entire point of Crypto is that's it's trustless.

Because the evidence overwhelmingly points to him being Satoshi. Notice that you can only prove he isn't Satoshi by using proof he provided.

holy shit, rare based satoshi is ripped

>Vitalik doesn't think he is, so I don't either. Make a transaction with genesis block. Won't do it. Cya later

satoshi is a government three letter agency

Vitalik's argument is cringey as fuck. Total brainlet with zero real world smarts. Lost respect for him after I heard it.

t. craig wright

I felt bad fkr Gavin when I saw that

Vitalik's response presupposed that Craig *wanted* everyone to think he was Satoshi. I seriously think its possible that he was trying to forestall being doxxed. E.g. p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/bitcoin-open-source?commentId=2003008:Comment:55276

Of course, Vitalik was too much of a brainlet to posit other reasons besides the binary options of scammer vs. satoshi

I wouldn't, he was probably paid well to look like an idiot. Why else would he say he believes this?

No he's not.
It's more likely that he's been conning the Australian Govt. by claiming tax relief on "vaporware" (his imaginary super-computer/s that no one has ever seen). The tax men come knocking and like any good snakeoil salesman he spins some shit about a Trust holding his bitcoin till 2020. He's probably conned someone into paying his tax bill to the Australian Govt. by now.
Now it's starting to backfire on him as he's being sued as if he really has Satoshis stash. LMFAO.

no other reasons have any real relevance to the discussion.
he's either satoshi or he isnt

Nice history, but that's already been debunked newfag. Craig is an impersonating jackass and anyone who can't see that deserves to be scammed

this user gets it

If satoshi doesn't want you to know you won't know then. You don't need to trust him but you can't just rule out the possibility because muh trustless ecosystem.

Hal has some different views on bitcoin that counter the bcash movements. Who the fuck knows. NSA experiment.

Attached: IMG_1436.jpg (1280x356, 93K)

are there any other known satoshis besides hal finney who are deceased?

s/known satoshis/potential satoshis

Nick Szabo is so obviously Satoshi. He was the only one who unable to provide correspondance emails with Satoshi despite being a core member in the early days.

He is a lawyer and cryptographer, so it explains perfectly why he will not reveal himself. Because it makes him a perfect target for the feds to go after, just like they did with egold and all other digital currencies that tried to start.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>he doesn't realise blockstream has patents concerning LN

Also this email

Nick studied Japanese, so probably used Satoshi as his Japanese name. SN = NS since the surname and given name are inverted in Japanese.

---------- Forwarded message ----------

Date: Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:41 AM

Subject: Re: select failed 10038 fix

To: [email protected]

It definitely looks like 0.1.3 solved it. It was getting so there were so many zombie nodes, I was having a hard time getting a reply to any of my messages. Now, four inventory messages go out, four getdata messages come back.

Did you get any "not accepted" blocks? The connectivity bug could have caused a generated block not to be accepted if the node wasn't able to broadcast at the time. Once the status is above 5 or so it's safely accepted.

Unfortunately, I can't receive incoming connections from where I am, which has made things more difficult. Your node receiving incoming connections was the main thing keeping the network going the first day or two.

You can send to my Bitcoin address if you want to, but you won't get to see the full transfer sequence:

1NSwywA5Dvuyw89sfs3oLPvLiDNGf48cPD

You could always findstr /c:"version message" debug.log and send a test to some random person you're connected to near the end of the list. The ones ending in port 8333 can receive connections.

I just thought of something. Eventually there'll be some interest in brute force scanning bitcoin addresses to find one with the first few characters customized to your name, kind of like getting a phone number that spells out something. Just by chance I have my initials.

Satoshi

Source on this email?
Address seems to have been first used in 2014, so looks like a fake to me, desu

Attached: b066e05199283e645e331ea754ccf268.jpg (800x1200, 92K)

online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/finneynakamotoemails.pdf

except, szabo is anti-bch

Hi Roger

Go back to pol stormfag

Satoshi is a cia codename as a plot to bring down the fed

>Frauds love the spotlight
>Frauds will say anything to get attention
>Frauds always have excuses

100% what this ID is saying.

up

For all general purposes Craig is Satoshi and the rightful heir to the coins at the right future time. No denying that and will be proved in the latest suit. Of course he's going to sell them off once he has access to them.

I don't know if you know this but the entire bet between Peter and Craig was short-lived and Craig withdrew his assertion, so yes he was wrong. However the bet between Peter and Craig came as a result of the selfish mining paper written by Emin Guin Sirer (cs.cornell.edu/~ie53/publications/btcProcFC.pdf). Emin Guin Sirer is also speaking at the Satoshi's Vision conference in a few weeks (satoshisvisionconference.com/). Furthermore he regularly makes fun of small blockers (twitter.com/el33th4xor/status/904326404367671296). So even these guys that you are proclaiming to be proving Wright wrong (which is sometimes true) all of these guys are on team Bitcoin Cash. The funny thing is that selfish mining is easy to defend against if you don't have Segwit. All the honest miners just become selfish miners and make mining unprofitable for everyone. It's not a great defense, but it works. Unfortunately if you try this defense with Segwit then you allow the attacking miner to transfer all coins in any block they release to be transferred to their own addresses. So quit comparing BCH to perfection, we all know its not perfect, we are comparing BCH to BTC and BTC is dogshit.

Attached: 1519757345866.jpg (744x648, 294K)

Attached: tuliptrust.png (804x799, 139K)

Vitalik just said that if Craig would have wanted to reveal himself as Satoshi he had easier and better ways. However, from the very beginning Craig said he never wanted this to happen and that someone forced it upon him (youtube.com/watch?v=5DCAC1j2HTY). The story in certain articles suggest he was being threatened by hackers and extortionist who would try and DOX him.

Max keiser is satoshi nakamoto

so your point is what exactly?

>and Ver won't even hire a bunch of developers to improve it to the point that it's better than Bitcoin.
>and Ver won't even hire
lol
this statement is so bizarre and wrong on so many levels it defies even being simply "wrong". it's a whole other tier above

it's like saying steven segal won't make oil drilling start in russia, so russia isn't gonna make it

>Unfortunately if you try this defense with Segwit then you allow the attacking miner to transfer all coins in any block they release to be transferred to their own addresses.
Yeah this is the most hilarious part -- Segwit addresses are technically 'anyone can spend' addresses.

What a fucking genius move. They could have gone with SIGHASH_NOINPUT like originally suggested in lightning design paper, but the fuckheads like 1 Meg Greg just had to sacrifice security for a few bytes of hard drive space.

>Yeah this is the most hilarious part -- Segwit addresses are technically 'anyone can spend' addresses.
Technically speaking "AnyoneCanSpend" addresses are safe on their own, they just rely on signatures, which Segwit happens to remove. Bitcoin Cash might actually use "AnyoneCanSpend" addresses for privacy features but because they keep the signatures there is no vulnerability. Bitcoin Core just has poor programmers.

>Nick studied Japanese, so probably used Satoshi as his Japanese name.
Craig was a dungeons and dragon nerd that would walk around in public in full samurai gear. Are we bringing up irrelevant Japanese references as 'proof' now. Also the name Satoshi Nakamoto wasn't chosen for the initials. The name Satoshi is Japanese for Ash (its Satoshi in Pokemon, not Ash). Nakamoto means central intelligence. So Satoshi Nakamoto has a rough translation of "from the ashes of central intelligence".

>satoshi is named after pokemon
mind blown

ok synth really is satoshi

All hail true Satoshi! But that's my point. Saying someone was interested in Japanese culture in some shape or form doesn't make them Satoshi so that guy can't say Nick is Satoshi because he studied Japanese.

Attached: True Satoshi.png (413x456, 49K)

NSA created the SHA-256.

reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/6sz04j/bitcoin_sha256_and_the_nsa/

This is also a good read.

steemit.com/bitcoin/@thetopiciscool/cryptography-nsa-ibm-cypherpunks-hal-finney-dorian-satoshi-nakamoto-nick-szabo-bitcoin

/ourguy/

>Nick Szabo is Satoshi
Except he's American and Satoshi uses idioms that only English or Australians use.

Craigs step dad growing up was Japanese too I heard

part of the Tulip Trust terms was that the identity of the holder of the keys not be publicly revealed, and the coins can't be moved. Craig has proven what he needs to prove, privately, to the people who need to know. You aren't going to see a public message signing or early block coin movement before January 2020.

Attached: satoshi.png (1897x1078, 3.06M)