You're not still keeping your butter in the fridge, are you? It's 2016!

You're not still keeping your butter in the fridge, are you? It's 2016!

Cold butter is delicious and in baking often a necessity

enjoy your torn toast!

I keep butter both on the counter and in the fridge, if you can imagine that

>eating toast

And beside you can microwave half a tablespoon of butter for 5 seconds can't you?

there is no need to spread butter over toast using a knife
just slice the cold butter thing as fuck and throw the slices on top of your toast

>tfw house is so cold right now that my butter is as solid as if it were in the fridge

>The year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen anno domini
>using a microwave

phew lad

Me too.

My butter turns to almost liquid at room temperature, I don't live in a cold country .

Plus Kerrygold is a very softform butter in the first place...

I only keep it out in autumn and winter.

Fuck off faggot

I keep one thing of butter out and one in the fridge. That way, if I'm making toast, or if I'm doing some kind of baking that requires room temp butter, I've got it; but if I am making biscuits, or pastry, or mounting a sauce with butter, or anything else that needs cold butter, i've got that too.

Thoughts on kerrygold? Is it worth the extra price?

>not owning a butter bell crock

>microwaving a tablespoon

A nice, thick layer of cold butter is essential for a slice of banana bread

>doesn't use a fire pit to melt butter

Why not?

Lurpak is better

The tablespoon is made of butter, pay attention

>he doesn't balance the metal spoon with a pat of butter on the edge of the toaster as it cooks the bread, thus perfectly warming it to spreadablw consistency with minimal effort

I live in florida

I put almost everything in the fridge because it makes food last way longer

Why would we? It 100f in the kitchen, it only makes the butter taste better, more spreadable.

iktf, just turned on the heat last night for the first time

I was trying to make some honey butter for hawaiian rolls and I had to microwave the butter on my counter in order to mix it

So does butter not go bad if you leave it out? I don't trust any dairy product that doesn't need to be refrigerated.

it's good for at least a month at room temp

Ní chuir mé im sa chuisneoir, cén fath?

Your both madmen i will do this now

That's past tense m8. Try making your Google Translate a little less obvious

Go away out of that, Denmark.

t. Ireland

I have one block of butter in the fridge and one in the butter dish. Job jobbed.

I don't eat plain butter often enough with my foods to justify keeping them at an optimal temperature and most of it goes into hot mixes or in my baking.

>tfw room tempurature water is 26C

The butter will still melt

Salted butter is good for a long time, unsalted I don't personally leave it out of the fridge.

I take 3-6 months to go through a stick of butter, mostly use olive oil, why would i keep it out?

>none of you faggots are freezing your butter and grating it

It's mostly water and fat. Do you keep oil in the fridge too?

It's quality grass fed butter, at least compared to similar supermarket brands.

this thread actually influenced what butter I would buy

it's my first time buying butter too

What's the best grocery store butter? I pick up Plugra Unsalted, but the selection is normally limited.

That's usually the go to in restaurants that don't use sweet cream butter.

i buy kerrygold.

good butter.

>eating pure saturated fat

It's like you want to clog your arteries.

you're the reason we have mcchicken threads, you biddable jackoff

If I'm not going to use it for awhile of course I keep it the fridge. But I always have some at room temperature.

Yes but I also buy cheap butter for cooking.

Being such a sedentary piece of shit that you can't eat a bit of fat. What has the world come to.

So im in college and super poor. I remembered I had a coupon for a free pizza from pizza hut and got excited, but it was expired. My day is ruined.
Anybody know any magic coupon/promo codes to get free food?

Oops this was supposed to be its own thread. I'm dumb. But I mean... if you guys know any codes lemme know

Beg for money on the street

Free stuff pls

Google FreeFoodGuy. You can get tons of stuff for free.

>it's okay, brah, nothing wrong with smoking occasionally if you exercise

Top broscience

Oh shit. Time for something new :D

Thats a pretty dumb comparison. Also, I wouldn't doubt that regular exercise would counteract the cancer causing aspects of smoking tobacco.

I meant to say counteract to an extent. That is to say someone who smokes and exercises is less likely to get cancer than someone who doesnt exercise.

It's a perfectly valid comparison. Some unhealthy thing doesn't become healthy by doing some other healthy thing. People who exercise and don't smoke are still lower risk and better off.

That's sugar you're thinking of.

>LIVING IN A MEME COUNTRY

No, it's not a valid comparison because regular exercise and living healthy directly counteracts the effects of eating fatty foods.

In the case of smoking, while living an otherwise healthy lifestyle may lessen the effects of the smoking, it's not a counter to it, as above.

I fucking live in Australia if you leave the butter out then in only a few minutes it is a liquid

Redpill me on the difference between salted and unsalted butter. Is there a big difference in taste? Is one better than the other? Which kind of dishes should which one be used in?

Why do white people eat so much butter?

>eating butter in 2016
Seriously guys, are you all infants?
Milk is meant for babies, not full grown men.

salted butter tastes better and lasts longer, unsalted is for when you need butter but not salt, obviously.

Kneel before the one true God

bad genes huh?

Because it tastes good.

>No, it's not a valid comparison because regular exercise and living healthy directly counteracts the effects of eating fatty foods.

Whenever someone says stupid shit like this, we can immediately see that he never studied atherobiology on a level higher than wikipedia articles. Cohorts show greater reduction in risk with both a low SAFA diet and exercise, interventional trials show better biomarkers when both are combined. Same in animal models. You can even look at raw population data, e.g. the Masai, where they exercise a boatload and still develop extensive lesions. It's not even mechanistically sound, unless in the context of hypocaloric intake. You're just using wishful thinking to talk out of your ass.

Graham's is the best you can get in the supermarket I find, at least here in Scotland.

I finally convinced my mother to stop putting the butter I leave out back in the fridge. I soon realized that I don't eat butter fast enough and after like a few weeks it gets a weird taste

The salt acts as a preservative, generally speaking, people who take salted butter are fucking plebs.

cannot agree more.

That infuriating feeling when salted is the only kind left at the store
(and you are baking...)

Pic Related

What does the expensive butter net you in benefits over the store brand?

how are you going to pick up said spoon after you microwave it?

You MIGHT use salted butter as a spread, for toast or whatever. Never use salted butter in cooking, it makes it hard to control the sodium levels in your food.

Fuck off LIDF.

i buy my butter in bulk at Sam's Club. Most of it goes in the freezer. a few sticks in the fridge. then another stick at room temp in a crock

Yes but I buy it at Costco so it's cheap as hell, I walked out of there with a 500g tub and 1.5 pounds of cheddar for under $10

I keep butter, bread, tabasco and tomato ketchup in the fridge

Anyone ever make their own ghee from butter? Worth it?

I keep my butter in the freezer.

>bread
>in the fridge
i know many people do this, but it seems so unnecessary. also, i read it makes the bread taste stale faster

You can use ghee as a substitute for hydrogenated shortening in pies, cakes, etc. Butter by itself will work but you have to account for the fact that butter is 1/5th water and doesn't produce as good a texture in my experience.

I read it makes the bread taste like chocolate so it must be true

Butter is soo 80's. Now we use margarine. Put it the fridge, leave it out, doesn't matter. Always spreadable and taste awesome.

>being retarded

What's wrong with a butter bell crock? If you make your own or buy high quality, it makes perfect sense.

Shit b8 m8

When you put bread in the fridge, it recrystallizes the starch molecules, which will make the bread go hard and stale fast.
Bread should never go in the fridge.
Also, don't buy pre sliced bread.

I've had the same block of the butter in the OP since mid August so I'm glad I use the fridge then.

this user knows whats up

If I don't my cat gets into it no matter where I put it and eats half of it and leaves the rest on the floor.

>topic is on butter, fats, and exercise
>shifts to smoking
Nice strawman.

>analogies are strawmen

Wew lad

Kerrygold is actually good. Try the salted variant with some steaming hot potatoes.