Middle Eastern cuisine

Does Veeky Forums like middle eastern food?

What's your favorite middle eastern dish?

kebab, removed

no, because I'm not a terrorist

Foreskin.

Kosher pork.

Real Shawarma is good
Too bad only 1% of kebabs serve real kebabs

No
Fuck off mudslime

>Taramasalata
>Hummus
>Tzatziki
>Tabouleh
>Pita bread cooked on the meat juices of a charcoal grill
>Lamb doner
>iskender kebab
>falafel

HHHNNNGGGGGGGG

ha love the fact that racism has to extend to hating their food too................what are you 6....get your opinions from your dad?

Kabsa, tagine, kefta, dolma

I have a problem with their textures.

Everything needs to be soft (flat bread, hummus, taboule, eggplant dip, falafel...), or in tiny bits (shashlik kebabs, etc...).
There is rarely anything crispy or that requires some biting.

Also, fucking chickpeas everywhere.

But it's a good fare which, ironically, always pairs very well with a cold beer.

Islam is a race now?

Is Judaism as race fuckwit?

Pro tip: Semitic is, you ignorant fuck

Woah now. Don't go exploding on me. I know you guys love to that. Was just asking a question .

Falafel

Right wing types (at least here in the states) deploy the "Islam is not a race, it's a religion" in order to counter the accusation of being called a racist for blindly discrimating against people due to their faith, despite (some) carving out a special exception for Jews. The long story is complicated in both regards. The short story is that for both peoples their faith is indistinguishable from their cultural, historical, and linguistic identity, OTH, you can be a Jew and not "Jewish" or a Muslim and not "Muslim," or be a convert. The point is when someone's coming for you do to that faith, it really doesn't matter if it's a "race" or if those pursuing you are "racists" or not. It's a linguistic canard, right wingers playing the postmodernist game of finely parsing and defining the terms to frame and suit a purpose. Rant done. Post more good ME food and recipes.

Wahhabis and radical Sunnis are the issue my fellow friend and neighbor and Israel that supports them

Those are middle easterners. Islam is a religious/political ideaology. You're getting offended over nothing you baby. If you need to get offended by something then I'll just call them sandniggers.

>...............

Middle East is a geographic location populated by many different religions including Christians. Just because someone is Middle Eastern does not make them Muslim. Educate yourself please.

>telling an alt-right bigot to educate themselves

How long have you been on planet earth?

faggot. arab christians exist, turkish christians exist, and persian christians exist. islam isn't a race, it's a religion. if anything, you're the racist for generalizing multiple people into one category and saying fuck you to the religious minorities there.

t. used to live next to them, they're nice people.

Warbat remains one of the best pastries I've ever had.

I am half Middle Eastern so naturally I am very familiar with the cuisine. I cook Middle Eastern dishes most of the time and I love it.
In my opinion, Persian cuisine is god tier. The best dishes are most polows (rice dishes) and khoreshts (stews).
In terms of Arab cuisine, its less diverse than that of Iran but there is a number of dishes I love, for example shakshuka, qabsah, mujaddrah and majbousa.
Ask me any questions you want. Can share a number of recipes.

my nigger

I'm also half-Middle Eastern (Iranian) and making khoresht when it's cold out is the comfiest thing ever

You joke, but shorba reesha sheeckleh (it's called something like that) is pretty delicious. I don't speak Arabic or Syriac at all, so my family just call it "pork noodle soup."

Pig's feet are boiled to make a stock.
Fatty pork mince is cooked with onion, garlic, shredded carrots, crushed tomato and fresh beans (broad or lima, whichever's available).
Toasted-and-powdered cumin, caraway and celery seed are added and cooked in the fat a little.
The pork stock is poured over.
Noodles (reshte, a type of Middle Eastern egg noodle) are added and cooked until just under done.
Dill, parsley and shreds of pickled radish are added. The radish is added at the end so that it stays crunchy.
Then it's bowled up and served with a plate full of wedged lemon in the middle of the table for people to sour their soup to their tastes.
It's good and just about the only pork dish my dunecoon grandma made. She did not typically buy pork because she grew up in a Muslim country (Lebanon) so it was rarely available, even in her area where the vast majority of people are Christians. She wasn't against eating it if someone else cooked it. She would fuck up a Christmas ham, for example. She just never cooked pork only because she didn't know any pork dishes besides pork noodle soup.

Thank you! I will try the recipe tomorrow, actually.

I really love gaz, wish I could eat it again.

hhahahahahahahahahaha

No, I don't like them. I stopped eating their foods.

I wish there were more Iranians where I live but I don't know any anymore. I love Persian food. And polows\pilaus are one of my favorite dishes from any country. I am half Puerto Rican, and I can attest that there is no greater snack on earth than tahdig (we call it pegao). Also if I recall, Iranian food has more use of dill, my favorite herb, than Arab food does.

can you just fucking stay in /pol/? you've already ruined the US, no reason to ruin the cooking board.

ROFL, that picture...
Oh gosh, probably not going to order that again.

Look up how wine grapes are crushed ;)

Hell yeah. My grandma is Greek so she'll always cook up some esoteric but yummy dishes for us from time to time.

u seem frustrated friend

Oh fuck I thought it said Meditteranean. Still delicious though, and a lot of similarity to Med food in my experience.

Fuck you and your dead mother right in the ass.

Dry.

Lol, so md. Eat shit and die sand nigger.

Can confirm, I'm doing a IT course and there's a Christian Iraqi dude who used to work for Saddam himself and he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

This other time I was at a neighborhood potluck lunch with my grandparents and there was this really nice Christian Persian family there and they brought this nice spinach and ricotta pastry scroll thing

Disappointing thread

>right wingers playing the postmodernist game of finely parsing and defining the terms to frame and suit a purpose

They learned that tactic from the left.

Back to ................

these are actually pretty good

I've always lived here bruh

The thing is it isn't framing something as different to suit a purpose.

Islam is a religion/ideology, a fucking terrible one

there is a lebanese place near my house and their shish tawooq is probably my single favorite food of all time

soooooo fucking gooooooood holy shit

there's nothing funnier that a butthurt liberal

you are an idiot, it's perfectly acceptable to criticise a religion, especially one which has been associated with so many violent terrorist groups in recent times

anything should be open to criticism

I think one of the things that annoys me the most about the leftest agenda is the if you don't like / believe in something you have a "phobia" of it. This implies I am scared of that group.
If I don't want to allow gays to marry is not me being homophobic, It's me being anti-homosexual. If you criticize a Jewish culture you don't have Judeophobia, you have Antisemitism.
I'm not afraid of islam, I simply don't want it in my country.
(this is all based on the if you criticize Islam in anyway you are Islamophobic)

>This implies I am scared of that group.

No it does not necessarily imply that. You don't understand the difference between connotation and denotation (this should have been covered in middle school, or even before).

Or perhaps you do understand the difference and merely write in bad faith, believing you can successfully pass off semantic squabbling as a distraction from the matter at hand.

>If you criticize a Jewish culture you don't have Judeophobia, you have Antisemitism.
It's hilariously ironic that you've used this as an example.
People who talk shit on Jews and get called antisemites will often invoke the fact (denotation, literal meaning) that certain Muslims are also Semites. They then profess to not hate those Muslims (after all Hitler had Arab Muslim allies!) and thus that their hating on Jews is not in fact antisemitism. Never mind that we all know that the colloquial (connotative) meaning of 'antisemite' is anti-Jew.

Regardless, the discussion isn't appropriate for Veeky Forums.

Yes
Shawarma is the greatest foodstuff of all time

What is your favourite ME spicemix Veeky Forums?
Ras el hanout crew checking in, fuck zaatar and fuck baharat

Yes but why do you have to do it in Veeky Forums?

but literally nothing from the first panel was happening

great comic you triggered numale dicksucker

>divide and rule
Good Goyim.

Sheesh, if I wanted to go vegan I would this all fucking day

So, instead of claiming to be agoraphobic, since you don't leave your mom's basement, you're just "anti-outside".

>tfw never tasted hummus or falafel

Nigger get on that shit ASAP. My mother makes the best fuckin' falafel and hummus, it's so good and easy to make. You can get the ingredients in any good supermarkets (except tahini, but I'm sure you have a local Asian/ME market)

Try making Persian food yourself. It might not be authentic but still tasty, especially if you have above average cooking skills.
And I can attest, tahdig is amazing, it exists in other cuisines for a reason.
One thing I love about Persian cuisine is how many herbs they use. I recommend using tarragon with your fish and potentially some meat stews as well.

Lahmacun is underrated

Borek, iskander kebab and shawarma are great. I tried some recipes and I found that some (especially syrians if I remember right) use too much lemon juice to my liking.

I prefer their deserts more. basbousa, ma'amouls, zulabiya, baklava, fucking baklava man.

>Tzatziki

What an absolutely retarded thing to say. If 99% of kebabs are one way then the 1% is the wrong way.