fao.org/nutrition/nutrition-education/food-dietary-guidelines/en/),
wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/12/rabbits-on-high-saturated-fat-diet.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0014480076900721
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2046489
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14387356
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19312129
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9389784
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you have high cholesterol and/or are an alcoholic it's wise to avoid it as much as possible.

Why

Your liver manufactures cholesterol from saturated fat. In the case of alcoholics it makes a lot. The combination of alcoholism and a high saturated fat diet can cause pancreatitis, which you do not want. It's painful as fuck.

Beyond that someone who just happens to have high cholesterol can lower it without medication by cutting out most sat fat from their diet.

t. An alcoholic who used to take cholesterol meds and got off them with the doctor's blessing

I don't believe so because I've never encountered a compelling reason to believe so.

Animals fats are bad, not saturated fats. It just so happens that most animal fats are saturated, so they get a bad name. Dark chocolate and coconut are excellent sources of healthy saturated fats.

>animal fats are bad
Source?

The heart disease endemic that only occurs in nations that primarily eat animal products.

>nations that primarily eat animal products.
so all nations

also source

Get a grip, man. It's extremely difficult to conduct such research because you're primarily looking at the very long term effects and it's hard control that people only eat certain things over several years, not to mention how unethical it is.

Although you can still make some pretty clear conclusions such as a diet with a high amount of saturated fats will increase the risk of arteriosclerosis due to high amounts of LDL-cholesterol which you can easily read everything about with a very brief search on Google.

Like in France?

Should I believe what every scientific expert body and every governmental panel on nutrition in literally the entire world says (fao.org/nutrition/nutrition-education/food-dietary-guidelines/en/), or should I believe a bunch of college dropout bloggers on the internet funded by the meat and dairy industries? Questions, questions...

nice contradiction you wrote there

any reason why you're categorizing animal fats apart from other saturated fats?

Just a sidenote: explain transfats.

I'm saying you can't possibly expect sources on research that actually monitors people with such strict diets over the long term, but you can monitor the effects of it on the short-term and assume that it doesn't just magically change somehow.

Saturated fats are generally found in animal products. This includes milk, butter, cheese, etc. Other than that they are very much alike in that they have no double bond between the individual carbon atoms.

Transfats are created, for instance, in oils by hardening with hydrogen, a process called hydrogenation. It becomes more solid and you remove some of the double bonds in the unsaturated fat. They're also extra bad for you because they increase LDL-cholesterol and decrease HDL-cholesterol.

Not the guy, but saturated fat without dietary cholesterol has no negative effects, in rabbits (a herbivore model).
You need to consume both saturated fat and cholesterol (i.e. a complete animal product) to get the high LDL and arteriosclerosis. Only herbivores can get arteriosclerosis.
wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/12/rabbits-on-high-saturated-fat-diet.html

>Dark chocolate and coconut are excellent sources of healthy saturated fats.
Dark chocolate is only healthy in that it's easier for the liver to elongate stearic acid into monounsaturated fat, which isn't very healthy compared to polyunsaturated fat anyway. The capacity for this is limited so if you gorge yourself it becomes problematic.

Coconut just has a bit of fiber to neutralize some of the hypercholesterolemic effects. After controlling for fiber it's not very healthy either.

>saturated fat without dietary cholesterol has no negative effects, in rabbits (a herbivore model).
>You need to consume both saturated fat and cholesterol (i.e. a complete animal product) to get the high LDL and arteriosclerosis.
...for six months. You need more time in rabbits for it to get incorporated into hepatic membranes to downregulate LDLRs

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0014480076900721

Rabbits are pretty shitty models for humans anyway. Primates require less time

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2046489

>Only herbivores can get arteriosclerosis.
ARTERIOsclerosis can be induced by many factors that cause endothelial injury, like hyperhomocysteinemia and hyperglycemia or even just aging that are easy to produce in carnivores and omnivores

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14387356
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19312129

ATHEROsclerosis can be induced if you overload their capacity to excrete sterols, eg

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9389784

This is a false assumption, most places that dont eat meat are 3rd world shit holes. Just look at how tiny most asians are and their growth is stunted from not eating enough proteins

It's ok, unless you have heart disease you don't have to worry about it much. It stacks a bit easier than unsaturated so it's more likely to clog your arteries but no where near as bad as trans fats.

In excess.

I've seen some videos of vegan "experts" suggesting that ALL fat is bad and should be avoided.

I have had pancreatitis, and can confirm, it is very painful.

And you can die from pancreatitis very easily.

I'm vegan and I know you need at least 20% of your calories from fat for optimal endocrine function. I also eat saturated fat from whole coconut but it's not necessary.

India disproves your assertion