San Diego

I'm in San Diego for a conference Veeky Forums,
any particular recommendations while I'm here? I intend on trying carne asada fries, since I've never had that, I guess. Maybe I should try in-n-out as well?

I'm particularly fond of spicy food, but my colleagues are all white. Price also isn't an issue.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qeKReM4Mf_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In-n-Out is good, but it's still fast food. You're not missing much if you skip it.

You'll have to do some research to find the name, but I
had some really good Mexican food at this place that was over decorated with the theme of masked wrestlers.

In N Out sucks. Get a copy of the San Diego Reader, a weekly free paper. Find a place in there to eat. Are you anywhere near the Gaslamp area? Tons of great restaurants down there.

Find a nice, small family owned taqueria.

Try In-N-Out for the experience, but I have to admit I was very disappointed when I had it in Las Vegas.

I'm Canadian and always wanted to try In-N-Out. The fries were bland and the burger was just mediocre, even animal style. Customizing is interesting and if there was one nearby me I would definitely try some of the interesting items, but it wasn't even as good as Wendy's. The restaurant was absolutely packed with a huge lineup too.

I'll check it out, planning on just uber'ing wherever I want to go.

Travel is covered.

Will do.

I'll keep that in mind.

>The fries were bland and the burger was just mediocre, even animal style. Customizing is interesting and if there was one nearby me I would definitely try some of the interesting items, but it wasn't even as good as Wendy's. The restaurant was absolutely packed with a huge lineup too.
This has been my exact experience every time I've had In-N-Out while traveling for work. I don't understand why people always talk about it, at all. It's on par or even worse than other fast food burgers, and it's more expensive.

I was so disappointed. I had built it up in my head and it did not fulfill my expectations at all. The fries are apparently cut fresh in the store, yet they tasted like shitty generic frozen fries. I tossed half the fries out, which I never do.

Then again, people rave about Taco Bell and I try it 1-2 times a year and sometimes don't finish what I order because it is so bland and unappealing. I lost fast food, but I cannot fathom the appeal of Taco Bell beyond the impressive $/lb ratio.

Phil's bbq and carne fries/cali burrito

SD has surprisingly good bbq

I'll be down in SD for Thanksgiving but only have a little free time away from family.

Currently the only thing on my list is the Port brewing/ Lost Abbey tap room.

this

Bronx Pizza
Hodad's (yeah, I know it's touristy as fuck - it's still the best goddamn hamburger around)
Any of the local breweries

That Mexican place is Lucha Libre. It's pretty good.

head over to Hillcrest for breakfast
Tractor Room is good
Snooze or Fig Tree Cafe if youre hipster

La Jolla or Del Mar have upscale seafood
I like the Marine Room

if you want asian go to convoy str off balboa and see what you want

if you're lazy and want to kick it instead of ubering use Postmates virtually all the popular places have an online menu

If you like mexican food get that shit with the fries in the burrito san Diego is famous for that

quatro milpas. cash only. no matter what you do make sure you get rice and beans. and their salsa (spelled suce on the menu) is the real deal.

Try ballast point home brewing market

>head over to Hillcrest for breakfast
When I lived in the area, I used to eat at City Deli a couple of times a week. I heard it changed owners a few years ago and it's even more gay and SJWish, if that's even possible.

>carne asada fries

youtube.com/watch?v=qeKReM4Mf_s

Slaters 50/50 is a pretty top notch burger place.
You're given a nice sized list of all the different ingredients, and you can make your burger exaclty how you want it.
Plus all meat is weighed after being cooked, so you end up with some really far burgers.
Their beer list is pretty decent too if you enjoy it.

Would anyone have recs for the Orange County region?

>really far burgers

DO NONE OF YOU FAGGOTS USE YELP?

>San Diego
You might wanna try Chinese (not Americanized one, authentic one) or Korean if you come to CA for the first time.

Make sure you ask for yellow peppers to go with your In and Out. Also get a double double animal style.

Thats essentially what he's doing.

Check out blue water for fish tacos, it's not far from downtown either