Pickle Juice

So I've been eating a lot of pickles lately and now I have two jars of pickle juice sitting in my fridge. Shit tastes so good I hate to throw it out.

What can I do with it? I figured I could marinate chicken, maybe? What about fish? Any other culinary uses?

Bootleg Krautsalat, aka put shredded cabbage in it

I'm gonna give you some serious fucking advice right now. Veeky Forums autists are going to get so fucking pissed.

Hard boil as many eggs as you can fit in to the jar, peel them up, put them in there. Let them soak for about 1.7-2 weeks, (I tend to let mine sit for a month).

I remember first seeing pickled eggs on The Simpsons and thought it was a joke, then I saw them on Trailer Park boys and realized that the shit is real. Why would you do that to perfectly good eggs?

I suggest you go try a pickled egg, then. They're fucking great. So salty, so good.

Salty eggs are delicious, and they stay good for a long time. It's a classic.

it's also really good, if you just use a jar of soy sauce

this sounds good as fuck. I'll try this once I have the do$h to blow on an experiment. How long do the eggs need to soak in the soya?

Chef John on food wishes had a pickle brine chicken recipe. Pickled eggs is a good idea too

I'm a Brit and we love Pickled eggs.

You won't find a pub or chippy in the country without a jar of them behind the counter.

It sound weird but sometimes I use up the pickle juice by not buttering bread and just pouring a little juice of the bread instead!!

Great for ham or cheese sandwiches.

Why not dip it instead?

>Why not dip it instead?
Why not indeed.

I'm sure you could make a nice dip with a decent loaf of bread, perhaps add some olive oil and black pepper.

Good idea for the Summer user.

Nb4 pickle juice cool-aid popsicles

Pickle juice is good for muscle cramps too. If you're a girl, and you're cramping it works so good dude. If you're athletic, it's good to stop muscle cramps that way too.

That's because it's extremely high in sodium, right? I've heard that before

Huuuuurrrr look at how retarded I am

Uhmmm, pickle juice is very high on electrolytes (salt). You are wrong and
is right. Feel free to cry into your cornflakes, tears also have electrolytes.

JUST DRINK IT FAGGET!

This is a local custom from my home county in Denmark. Literally Sun Eggs, don't know why, probably some pagan shit

Here's your (you).

Great with gin.

Man pickled eggs are so good, I didn't think anyone else knew about them.

What's everyone's favourite pickle brand - aside from homemade? Out of everything I've tried my favourite has gotta be any type of Claussen. Love em, except for once I got em south of the border from a big square plastic container, things were nasty AF.

Also dill master race, can't stand sweet or bread and butter.

Ive never seen a blue colored before. What causes that?

A pickle related food I like is as follows: buy a jar of yellow peppers (pictured) and a jar of spear pickles. Get some tupperware and poor the yellow peppers in along with all the spicy brine. Next add the spear pickles and pickle juice. Adjust the amount of pickle juice depending on how spicy you want it. Enjoy spicy pickles. Goes great with roast beef sandwiches.

Oh I forgot to mention it takes several hours for the pickles to absorb the juice.

My roommate made pickled fries, basically just soak the fries in pickle juice for a while and cook. Turned out great. But this doesn't really help you get rid of the juice.

Make fresh pickles.

You could put it in an empty vinegar shaker and apply it like vinegar on your chips.

By which I mean fries, if you're American. Although when I was young I used to splash vinegar into bags of ready salted crisps (chips) because salt and vinegar is a superior flavour. It can make them soggy though.

When you own chickens you get over whelmed with eggs. Try everything .

Use it to cook rice instead of water.
Poach chicken/turkey in it
Mix some of it with vingear/olive oil and make a dressing
I also pour some over baked potatoes

I made some rye bread with pickle juice in place of some of the water and it was great for making reubens. Maybe try that if you like rye bread.

USE IT TO MARINATE CHICKEN A LA CHIK-FIL-A