Meal Prep thread

Any of you came here from Veeky Forums so that you can meal prep?

I did. I got tired of seasoning my chicken breast with just salt and pepper, throwing it on my George Foreman and damning it to eternity every day, stanking up the apartment. Wanted better ways to meet macros.

Pros:
>Cheap as fuck
>Whole foods make you feel fuller, so its easier to stay on track (srsly, lost like 12 lbs. in 3 months in the beginning)
>Meal prep once a week, you dont need to worry about eating for the rest of it

Cons:
>At around Wednesday (assuming you meal prep Sunday like I do) the food kind of gets a bit less flavorful

Discuss, exchange recipes, etc.

there are at least 50 things you could add to season your chicken with little to no extra calories
protip learn to marinate

>At around Wednesday (assuming you meal prep Sunday like I do) the food kind of gets a bit less flavorful
Make meals you can freeze, and them thaw them overnight in the fridge. That way you avoid stale foods.

>marinate

True, true. Right now I have some minced garlic, lemon juice, kosher salt, black pepper, and rosemary marinating on some chicken breasts in the fridge. I will cook it in about an hour or so (24 hours marinate)

Another con is it could get boring! If I eat more chicken breasts I might fly away! Will try to do something with red meat.

I did!

>Score some chicken breast and rub seasoning on it
>Put foil over baking tray to catch debris (easy cleanup, just throw away the foil)
>Get another tray, line it with non-stick foil and put some broccoli and asparagus on it, season with olive oil, salt, and pepper
>Put a grate on top of the foil and put the chicken on top
>Preheat oven to 400
>Stick the chicken on the top part of the oven, and the broccoli on the bottom part
>leave it alone for about 25 minutes or so, then flip the chicken and take the broccoli out keep baking the chicken for another 25 minutes

And you're done. Just cook the rice at a rice cooker while all this is happening.

Pan fry instead of baking and learn to curry and low calorie sauce like mustard sauce with white wine instead of cream or making a stir fry or using broth
It's hard to get tired of chicken because chicken is incredibly versatile

To prevent boredom do and make more meals than you need. After a couple of rounds you have a selection of different frozen meals to choose from. Make something new every meal prep, or even better, make two different types of meals every prep to assure variation.

ANy of you guys know of recipes/foods that I could eat cold?

I get complains about stinking up the break room lol

Cereal and milk. Salad. Certain pastas can be eaten and are preferred cold. Such as tuna salads.

Wraps are good, and sandwiches are good if prepare fresh and well.

Wraps? So could I prepare my own meat from that? I could go store bought but I dont think it will fit the macros

I have meals delivered to me for $400 a month.
beats eating fast food everyday. I could survive on $30 a month but, whatever.

I have no idea how to go about this. For the purpose of getting fit and fixing my body I need to eat 2500cals and about 100g of protein daily. What are good meals to meet this? I don't mind eating the same thing everyday.

>I don't mind eating the same thing everyday.
Chili and rice.
Load the chili with vegetable micros.
Use ground beef/chicken
Make a week's worth once a week.
Get a rice cooker.
Make the rice every day.
have fun,.

Beef/chicken/pork- ground
Beans- Black and Kidney
A cup of Chopped spinach for K+
Onions
Corn
Tomato
season how you want

You can eat anything cold if you stop being a pussy about it.

Chili and rice for breakfast lunch and dinner? Like I said I don't mind but eat that 3x a day with required veggies and its 2500cal 100g protein?

Yes
Load up on fruits for breakfast since you cant put them in the chili

Noice, got it. White or brown rice?

If you have a problem eating a lot fo food, white rice. If you can eat feeling full, brown.

Thanks a ton. Last thing, got any chili recipie you like to use?

Nope, just cook what tastes good. Dont add carbs like potatoes to the chilli. use rice.

I actually do turkey sandwich every day with either spinach, suaerkraut or raw brussel sprouts. I usually get a whole boneless oven cooked turkey breast from costco and slice off that everyday. It's not the cheapest way to go with meat but when I calculated it out each one I make costs me around $1.5-$2 so still not bad.

just saw an awesome recipe for roast eye of round in the fml thread here . I may try that to change it up soon

Where do you get your meals? I'm looking into meal prepping since discovering I spent $450 last month dining out. Not gonna lower the cost much, but maybe maintain convenience.

That one that's around the wrong way triggers my autism.

Different user here with pretty much the same eating amount. This doesn't seem right or I have some fucked up portions. I do not cook so I have no clue how much food this is.

>1 cup of Black

Sheeeit

If you plan to eat that twice a day, you probably want to assume ~3/4 lb of beef per serving to reduce the protein by a bit, and allow you accommodate for something like rice or bread. Right now two serving is like 180 g of protein per day just from the beef which is a bit high.

>baking chicken breast @400 for 50 minutes

??? Even bone in breasts don't take that long. For boneless all I usually need is around 15-20 minutes.

I just put ingredients into my fitness pal and it put the amounts on the own.

Only reduce beef amount to reach 2500 daily?

urgh fuck I need to learn how to meal prep. I literally just go on the fly and just steam vegetables because it takes 5 minutes at max. And I usually make a sauce for pasta on sunday night but that only lasts till friday I suppose.

fuck I really need to learn how to do this :(

Ya, cook a chicken, or make a roast, brine and bake a turkey. Carve it up for miches

Changed some amounts around, now it looks like it'll work. Thoughts?

HAVE YOU TRIED SEASONED CHICKEN

Go back to your containment board you roid munching faggot

i'll ask you a simple yes/no question: is this thread about Food & Cooking?

SUB LEAN BEEF FOR CHICKEN. RINSE AND REPEAT. YOURE WELCOME.

How the FUCK do I boil or steam eggs so that the shell doesn't fucking stick to the whites?

I just want easy peel eggs.

Fuck you why you have to point that out.

apparently it depends on the age of the eggs, with older eggs being harder to peel. where do you buy yours? the supermarket? try buying some from a farmers market

What is black tho?

beans

Other way around, bud.

>As a rule, the fresher the egg, the more difficult it is to peel cleanly. The albumen (white) of a just-laid egg contains a store of dissolved carbon dioxide, a weak acid. (CO2 is what makes very fresh raw egg whites appear cloudy.) Over time, the gas exits the egg through thousands of tiny pores in the shell. As this happens, the pH of the white gradually increases, making it less acidic.