Veeky Forums related gifts

So im currently looking for a small cooking related gifts.
Have you ever made someone such a present and how did it go? Any good ideas?
>eiter on a budget up to 20 or 50 bucks
>under or out of budget stories welcome

How about some homemade cookies put in a glass jar from the dollar store? Never did this, though.

I once did the "energy balls" (dates, instant coffee, chia seeds, etc.) from this youtuber Bondi Harvest. I had to wrap them individually in plastic film, so it was not pretty, but it was good, it was not too sweet.

I once gifted a self made bread mix in a glass jar that only needed the liquid to be added.

in my case im actually more looking for something with material value rather than emotional.
So i'd rather pay for a restaurant dinner than make preservable food in any way, but thats also not the real answer. i would need something on the spot, preferably, not a gift card

Then, how about cooking utensils, e.g. cookware (pans, pots, dutch ovens, etc.), knives, cutting board. Other things would be fancy preservated foods: flavoured oils, unique vinaigrettes, etc.

Yeah thats the direction i wanted to go, but under 20 bucks there is no single knife or cutting board really worth giving as a present. With 50 there is some potential but i really dont know, so i was hoping to get some suggestions
on the other hand oils or vinaigrettes really do sound very good. Might look into that or take more specific tips

Tell us anything about what the recipient is into food and cooking-wise.

21yo college student living with his gf, small rental appartment, not exactly well equipped kitchen but hes into cooking. not a retard. not a picky eater. of course i cant tell you what exactly is inside his kitchen counters.
but for example he recently got a mortar and pestle which he thoroughly enjoys if thats any indicator as to what i might be looking for

also i think that just throwing something at him like a cheese grater is kind of unimaginary and a pretty underwhelming gift.
a quality kitchen knife would be perfect, but as i said, that might break the bank. because i would look into getting more people on the boat for that, but those are guys he probably expects money from and also even with 60€ you cant buy a nice knife where im from. you wont find a tojiro dp or similar available in that range and although everyone chills fibrox, they are not an eye catcher or special in any way. they might hold up, but they still look cheap and i dislike it

A spice grinder
A food processor
A burr grinder
Silicone tongs
A cast iron griddle
A pizza stone
A pasta maker
A pressure cooker
A toaster oven

These are all things i want that i cant be bothered to buy

Buy stuff he can mash with it?
Maybe some fancier ingredients that people on a budget pass on like expensive nuts or stuff like that, in my opninion the best gifts are the things you kinda want but cant responsible afford.

those are nice ideas by themselves, but very specific to a type of person. Space kind of is a factor because of their small living place. So getting something like a pasta maker or food processor, that would take up quiet a bit of room and for someone studying, working and doing sports they might not find much use simply because of priorities and time. Its not that he isnt an enthusiast about cooking and wont make his own pizza dough or anything, but i believe he more than not takes simpler and quicker recipes.
still i appreciate the tips. i might hit up the restaurant supply store in my area and see if something stands out to me.

same as with the dude that suggested oils (pumpkin seed maybe), i like the idea but have to look into what exactly i could get. But im with you on the general idea of getting things one simply would not shell out as much cash as it costs. If you already have specific ingredients feel free to list

My boss bought me a beer can chicken stand and a few spice rubs to go along with it. I thought it was pretty cool since I had never made one.

i might go with a similar oil bottle and fill it with thyme and some better quality olive oil or something along those lines because i always wanted some sort of flask thats easier to pour than the regular bottle.
Also he had a phase in which he tried to get his hands on different oils pumpkin seed, walnut and similar

you might want to take refined grape seed oil if you want to infuse it with thyme or rosemary or whatever because its own taste is not as pungant.
it also has a higher smoking point so you can sear meat in it and its high quality

More of a story than a suggestion. All my friends getting married recently usually have all the basic kitchen stuff already secured. They don't make any gift lists so I usually go with a kitchen gadget set with what I can find for cheap. One of the favorites in the sets is usually pic rel - really practical for draining pasta/potatoes/etc, when you're too lazy to use a colander.

fug dropped pic

I really fucking hate white children

For me, the best gift you could give would happen to be the McChicken. Never let's anyone down.

Other side of the wall for you, Pedro

you gay?