>Nettle cheese

Cornwall the best English food

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Clotted cream
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>clotted cream
sounds fucking disgusting but got damn is it delicious

I wish it was more common in the U.S.

I got a traditional high tea meal when I was in England. Clotted cream on anything tasted so good.

Clotted cream ice cream is fucking god tier

It would have to be marketed and labeled as something else entirely. No 'murrican would ever purchase something called "clotted cream" as a foodstuff, period.

>Clotted Cream
Is a Devon speciality
>Cider
Is Somerset.

This is true. As an American I've never even heard of this "Clotted Cream". Clotting is what your blood does when you get a wound and it gets hard to prevent further bleeding. Cream is cream. You don't mix the two.

>region with the most temperate climate produces the best food
Really makes you think...

>Cornwall
>England
Nope.

>english food
>best
>in the same sentence

good joke friend

Clotted cream was about the biggest disappoint of my life. My family was always going on about it, then they finally sent me some. It's just solid milk. It's literally clotted milk.

You should get a passport, user.
Much better than living on flawed stereotypes and you won't look so insular and stupid when you post on the internet.

>clotted cream
>high tea

That would be afternoon/cream tea. High tea aka meat tea is a working class meal. Ironically there's no tea involved.

Why are Americans so easily influenced by superficial crap?

That's a fascinating question but requires far more space than this to even begin. There are resources available that attempt to answer that question, though.

lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Clotted cream

WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS POST. IM PRETTY SURE EVEYONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO USE THE INTERNET.

Evidently not the person who asks what something is on one of Veeky Forums's slower boards instead of just googling it.

INDEED

Cornwall is no different that any other English county when it comes to food.

It's regarded as the home of the Pasty and most bakeries in the South West of England will have their own recipe.

As posted here Devon will fight you for the rights to Clotted Cream and Somerset is without doubt 'Cider Country'.

Cornwall is home to Stargazy Pie and this can be found in many Pubs and restaurants along the Cornish coast.

Seems touristy as fuck, but it looks really good.

It's essentially a fish pie but it does have a lot of full grown Sardines in it (which are called Pilchards in Britain) - it's an oily fish similar to Mackerel.

I'm assuming the full grown sardines are the ones with their heads sticking out of the crust, yeah? Otherwise I think it'd be kind of silly to have whole bony fish just lurking around haphazardly in the pie.

The heads are usually stuck on for decoration but even the full grown Sardines (or Pilchards) have really soft bones that sort of melt when you cook them.

You wouldn't really notice the bones any more that you would from eating a small tin of Sardines.

This
Ice-cream threads here aren't worth a damn, because icecream made with clotted cream is operating on another level.

Got 2 different ones from LIDL and both were shit.
I mean, they look good in both looks and ingredients, but they tasted like shit.
Should I buy one at Sainsbury's?

>Got 2 different ones from LIDL and both were shit.

Got two different What?

explain?

Lidl is cheap as shit for a very good reason. The only things you should buy there are german foods.

If you want clotted cream, buy British.

Where do I get quality English food in Middle America?

Sorry, was thinking the thread was only about cornwall pastries, for some reason.

Even an English company like Greggs do shitty Pasties (great sausage rolls though)

You really have to go to small bakeries in the South West (particularly Cornwall) to get something decent.

You're never going to get a decent pasty from a supermarket. You need to find a bakery.

The Cornish Pasty Co. has shops here and there which do decent pasties. Probably the best you'll get outside the southwest.

Simply put, you don't.

It's been a dream of mine to open an English restaurant in the USA.

I'm just waiting for my lottery numbers to come up.!

The best way to set up an english restaurant in the USA would be to start a proper country pub with a selection of real ales and hearty english working man's food.

The problem is, we like it over here because it's comfort food and a familiar atmosphere. It's alien to americans, so it'd be novelty food that wouldn't seem anything special. You'd probably have to provide chicken tenders, buffalo wings and hotdogs just to appease local palates, because that's the american equivalent of the food we find most homely and comforting.

We have one in Vancouver. They tried to make traditional English dishes but made no effort to source local ingredients except for beer. They don't even make a good roast dinner. To make money they had to put up tvs with American sports and add hamburger sauce and fries to the menu. As a result it's one of the shittest restaurants in Vancouver and they employ rude useless servers. I'd mention the name but one of you might go there out of curiosity and they don't deserve the business

That's a shame.
A bit upsetting to be honest.

yes apart from from the ales, things I have thought of are real scampi in a basket ( Americans think breaded shrimp, or we what call Prawns are legit . .. but we use Langustine/ crawfish tails) or Pork Scratchings, Picked eggs, etc. as nibbles.

Fish and chips; Faggots, mash and peas; Pie chips and beans; etc. for lunch.

In the evening it gets heavier with jugged Hare/Rabbit; Steak and kidney pudding; Venison Pie; etc.

There is a shitload of British dishes that could keep people happy

Well I don't have shit colored skin so I have no desire to visit a tiny little failure of an island that so many people wanted to sailed away from in the last few hundred centuries.

Maybe if you had more to offer than fish sticks and women that piss themselves as national symbols I'd be less likely to create a statement on how fucking smug and wrong you sound, fuckface.

You'd be better off just starting your own country pub in England or Wales. That'd never fly in the states.

Don't you have a mcchicken thread to post in, sport?

>last few hundred centuries
Think about it, dipshit.

West Cornwall Pasty Co. is the place to go if you want a decent-ish pasty outside of Cornwall.

I keep reading conflicting recipes for clotted cream. I get direct heat, indirect heat, no heat, even doing it in the fridge. I see double cream, full cream, single cream, heavy cream (presumably because americans aren't sure what single double and full are). Anyone know the best way to make a classic clotted cream? Sounds like I should double boil some whole milk.

>presumably because americans aren't sure what single double and full are
That's not quite fair. They're largely unaware, but it's not their fault; FDA regulations forbid the sale of double cream or anything heavier, so they're only unaware because they literally can't buy it anywhere.

Well, I wasn't saying it was because they're stupid or anything.

>FDA regulations forbid the sale of double cream or anything heavier
Must be nice being free.

The pot could not be any blacker

POST IMAGES AND/OR RECIPES OR GTFO

don't you have an eel to chomp?

or a sister to fuck

Did I hurt your feelings?

oh, the unsavory, boiled tasteless cousin of the empanada!

discount empanada for sure

>boiled

Were you born retarded or did it take repeated head injuries?

I meant the contents

Right so the question still stands: born or head injuries?

A simple "I have no idea what a pasty is or how it's made" will do, though.

I know what I ate, and what I ate was a bland piece of shit
sorry I missed the surreal experience of tasting a cornish pastry in all its inbred, sheepfucking glory

>I know what I ate

Yet apparently you don't.

>cornwall
>sheepfucking

This is just getting embarrassing.

This. My mammies Cornish, and we only ever go to West Cornwall Pasty Co. assuming she doesn't make them herself when i visit.

CORNWALL IS NOT ENGLAND FUCK OFF

>The Cornish Pasty Co.

Shit taste. Hard and glazed pastry just screams IM A TOURIST GIVE ME AN OVERPRICED SHIT PASTY

come deep into the duchy, go to Philps or Pellows and try a real pasty. If not Rowes is still pretty good as far as pasty chains go.

my nigga

Did you miss the part where we were talking about where you can get a half-decent pasty outside of Cornwall, shitposter-kun?

Now I feel like making cream scones. Scones are legit with jam and cream. Or even done in a savoury way they are legit.

God damn muricans are retarded.

>cornwall pastries

Foreigner detected.

"sloppy joe" seems to do well enough

Mudslimes are paedophiles

Not in america, everything is black there

>Try to steal the Falklands
>Try to steal the pasty

Yes, yes they are.

At least you talk some sense my colonial friend.

Yes, but that doesn't necessarily have negative connotations for Americans since most of us are quite sloppy, especially kids and men, who are the primary consumers. And for that segment, eating sloppily implies fun.

"Clotted" connotes "coagulation" and "blood." "Cream" connotes a rich, thick, somewhat effeminate, fatty dairy product. For better or worse, the two words combined together will make most Americans gag a little.

So are the Japanese.
What's your point?

Your weird association doesn't have any relevance to anything.

It has relevance to the post I was responding to and the post he was responding to about why it would have to be marketed under a different name. Need instructions on following a thread?

>be continentalcuck
>everybody tells me English food is shit, it's bland, it's grey, it's flavourless
>move to England to study

>try everything, from snacks like scotch eggs to roasts and pies and the meat (where I learned that you can have meat in ways other than fucking dry as shit well-done as in my home country)
>English food is delicious and I was lied to all along

My only complaints are that the bread could be better. I honestly hope this meme about English food being bad would die. It's tasty as fuck.

Stupid and makes strange associations between unrelated things, you sure are a star prize.

>Cream
>Effeminate

We don't like faggots in the UK it's a wartime meme

Sorry britbro, your culture is so advanced.

>We don't like faggots in the UK
You are not from the UK.

Seconded. I love a good faggot in my mouth 2bh.

That's what your dad said to me last night

And thank you for killing the joke.

>faggots are a wartime meme
You're a few centuries too late, Amerilard.

>shopping anywhere other than Waitrose

>Not shopping exclusively at Fortnum&Mason

>And thank you for killing the joke.
There was no joke.

If you want to carry on with Beavis and Butthead humor, then do so.

Most of us on a cooking board know what a British Faggot is apart from a 13 year old kid hurr durr American humor.

Kek'd

Bit try-hard 2bh

I only go there for Christmas presents

You are one autistic fuck.

English food is oft considered shit because it's seen as lowly, common, or of the working man, and thus not as prestigious as poncy food of the gentry. I will never not be triggered be this desu.

>(where I learned that you can have meat in ways other than fucking dry as shit well-done as in my home country)

Which Dakota do you hail from

Which part of middle America? There are places if you get lucky.

Live the dream, lad. Business loans aren't tough to get.

>Philps
Fucking loved that place when I went to Hayle as a kid.
>super busy day so they're coming out fresh
>put in order and go to pub over the road while we wait
>get piping hot pasty and sit on the harbour wall to eat it
Bliss.

>went down again last September cos my brother moved down there a couple years ago
>he keeps going on about some "twenty pound pasty" they do
>we ask in the other Philps up the road
>"Oh you mean £20? We'd have to make it to order if you come back tomorrow but here's the box it comes in."
It must weigh about five pound easily looking at the box
Can't wait to go down again next year.

Pretty unknown by Cornwall has quite a few chili farms as well which I like to buy from when I'm there.

When are the best months to visit for sea food?

>english
>food

>euros fighting over pieces of land that are twenty minuets away from one another because they have a historic enmity built up over centuries.

It will never not be funny

American here

Because the honest truth is that 3/4ths of this county is mentally retarded.