I put camembert cheese on pizza today. It was soft, creamy and satisfying...

I put camembert cheese on pizza today. It was soft, creamy and satisfying. I am now curious what other cheeses I should try. Recommend me fancy cheeses.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcfNpDtVqOw
youtu.be/naLwC-GhCMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

try some kind of blue cheese

mix top shelf Gorgonzola and some french Gruyere, use that as your melting cheese.

3/4ths through cooking, open the oven and sprinkle on just a TINY bit of Roquefort. If that is too daring, try bleu cheese instead.

pricy af, but guaranteed a 9/10 pizza.

How about you use a vegan cheese instead. All the great taste without having to rip a baby calf from its mother to be slaughtered for meat.

Oh yeah, I've tried blue cheese once. It was good but I didn't feel like it went well with a tomato base. Any ideas on how to prepare a blue cheese pizza?

Cool! Gonna need to try that. yeah cheese is expensive, but I can justify it seeing how a regular domino's pizza with cheap ingredients cost >5$.
A couple blocks of pungent cheese cost ~20 dollars that last you a couple of pizzas.

mushrooms and onions and garlic sauce, oh my

recommend a vegan cheese. I've tried a couple of soy cheese, forgot the brand but i thought it lacked umami. What's a good vegan cheese. I'm open to ideas.

guy is probably shit posting.

That sounds perfect. Do people use any herbs to go with white-sauce pizzas?

Speaking of mushrooms, I have tried using oyster mushrooms as a pizza topping. It was great. I'm not sure if anyone's done it before but I think it should become a regular topping. The oyster mushrooms gave off a pungent smell when baking and was sweet to the taste. In fact, I'm thikning to experiment with different asian mushrooms such as enoki.

Well it depends what country you're in but don't have soy cheese lmao it's disgusting.

Try coconut cheeses or artisan vegan cheeses

yeah of course. Thyme would be good, chives are a little obvious, basil and oregano are classic pizza flavorings
do you boo

Is that the pizza you made OP? Looks nom as fuuuu

Thanks!

yeah, i'm happy with how it turned out. This is my first successful hand-formed pizza (no rolling pin). was a good feeling after many punctured/ non-round pizza bases.

another one i made.

>coconut cheese

wow. you learn something every day. thanks for the recommend. will look into those. Been vegetarian, but never vegan.

RACLETTE

huh.... unconventional, but it has piqued my interest.

How would you do it:

1) Shave cold pieces of the cheese onto pizza, then bake together?

2) Bake a cheese-free pizza, then bukakke the melted cheese on top of the cheese-less 'za?

Wait you made OP pizza in a pan? Damn I thought you had it cooked in a brick oven. I've never tried to make a legit pizza because I didn't think it was possible to get that result with my appliances. Giving me hope, OP

Scraping RACLETTE for fun

yeah, i made the OP pic-related in a standard non-stick pan. In fact, the whole thing that even got me started on making pizza was the fact that I came across this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=vcfNpDtVqOw

basically, Gordon Ramsay making pizza in a pan, lol.

I can attest, it works. had to experiment with different techniques before i got it down though, but one tip I can give from experience is to go for a thin crust.

Try the cheese from under my bellend, FAGGOT.

I havent showered for almost a week and been jacking it at least once a day so should have quite the taste to it!

Highly recommend you try a mixture of fontina and mozzarella.

Oh and as for the toppings. Mushrooms, salami or pepperoni, red onion, green peppers.

Sweet! Never heard of fontina before, thanks. Writing that down.

Put little cubes of feta on your pizza.
And also olives, tomato, basil, spinach.
Use a thin base, otherwise you might feel like you're scamming yourself.
This one still works bretty gud even if you're lazy as hell and just line your store brought base with tomato paste or something.
Also, red and spring onions go well on every pizza.

>basically, Gordon Ramsay making pizza in a pan, lol.
>making pizza in a pan
>in a pan
FUCKING CHRIST. And this asshat has Michelin Man stars too! Dropped.

I hope you like it. By the way at the place I had it, they only used pepperoni and mushrooms as the toppings, I just thought onions and peppers would work well too but maybe you should give it a shot without it. It just works so well with the mushrooms especially.

Avonlea 3 year cheddar
Chevre Noir (wax covered aged goat)
Le Cendrillion (ash covered brie)
Grey owl brie
Shropshire blue cheddar

Go to a local cheese shop and ask to taste around. They usually have some amazing ones from whatever country you are in and some great ones from France, Spain, Portugal, England and Canada.

Provlone works wonders in pizza, it can work as 'regular' pizza cheese or using half mozzarella half provlone. Goat cheese is also great on pizza. Sprinkling your pizza with parmesan or pecorino lightly before baking it is also pretty standard practice and works because of the intense flavor of those cheeses.
Friend of mine loves sour cream on his cheese pizzas, you could try that.
Mushrooms work so well in pizza. Chanterelles are probably my favorite, they have pretty strong taste and it just works wonderfulyl with the fat and saltiness of pizza.
And if you wanna try whitesauce pizzas, friend of mine made one that used sour cream as the base, then topped it with chopped walnuts, slices of pear and threw rucola on top for a good measure. The rucola didn't really bring much in to it but it was surprisngly good overall.

yeah, the tire-man stars don't necessarily mean much these days

Loving these ideas! All this knowledge is gold, practically. can't really find information like this in a cook book

I haven't tried this myself, but I don't see how you could go wrong with a nice young manchego. Toppings.....cashews.....maybe...spinach.....onion....idk

WHITE SAUCE PIZZA IS A MEME. ITS NOT REAL PIZZA.

man, Judd Nelson really packed on the pounds

try marscapone, its really amazing on pizza

holy molly, all your pizzas look amazing and delicious. can I please have a recipe for how you make the dough and sauce? or perhaps for a simple pizza, so i can try other stuff with it?

Thanks! But yeah, it took a bit of practice before I was able to get it down. Here is a pic of one of my first sad attempts.

As for the recipe, I always go:

500 grams regular flour (can try double zero flour once you're comfortable with the recipe/technique);
300 mL water;
7 grams of instant dry yeast;
2 tsp salt;
1 tbsp sugar;
2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil.

I would mix all ingredients together at the same time. Some people say to proof the yeast first, or to mix dry ingredients first etc. But I haven't found doing these to make any noticeable difference to your dough.

Just dump everything in a large bowl and hand knead or machine knead until it feels right.

Next, I would let the dough rise at least 1 hour before use. However, if you have time, I highly recommend letting it rise cold, in the fridge for 24 hours. Cold rising the dough any where from 1 - 3 days has shown to give good results. You get a fluffier pizza Base and more bubbles formed that way.

As for sauce, I like to go really simple. I just buy tomato passata in a jar, and spread that onto the base. Then I sprinkle oregano, salt and sugar to taste.

:)

All the best to you! Looking forward to seeing your 'zas

Wow really? That's interesting... Do you mean by itself, with no other cheeses? I've always thought mascarpone was a dessert cheese. Gonna have to try it.

I used squash and gorgonzola, a solid amount of garlic, onion, oregano, fennel, thyme and rosemary

>french gruyere

found the pleblord

That's a lot of herbs. Haha I can just imagine how aromatic that must be. The after taste must be great. Definitely gotta try this. Do you precook the squash?

I made it into a puree with some garlic and rosemary and a lot of pepper and used it like a thin tomato sauce. I topped that with a bunch of crumbled gorgonzola, and scattered thinly sliced fennel, a decent amount of almost paper-thin onion, and the fresh oregano and thyme, with a pinch more rosemary - a bit of olive oil just to help add a bit of char to the fennel, and she was an alright pie.

Damn... That sounds tasty... And fancy.

youtu.be/naLwC-GhCMk

So what I'm getting is, you basically blend the squash with the herbs and spices, then use that as the "sauce"?

Cashews.... Now that's the first time I've heard talk like that. Does it really work though? Has anyone put cashews on pizza before?

exactly - tomato seemed too acidic for the cheese.

How about I use regular cheese so I can keep feasting upon the flesh of the fucking calf you pussy? Gonna top my next veal parmagiana with cow cheese just for you, that animal is dead because of you.

I think I should also mention, all the pizzas were done using the pan-cooking method. I'd say the method gives a pretty good result. I'd say 7.5/10 on a scale where 10 is the quality you can expect from a commercial pizza oven.

Also, my favourite thing about this dough is that it's so versatile and simple. You simply adjust the ratio of water to flour by minimal amounts and you can make other breads like pita, or get rid of the yeast and it makes good gyoza skins or gozleme skins

Yum

Yum

edgy

blue cheese with a buffalo/ranch dressing and some onions and chicken

I had cashews on a vegan Pizza once and it was really good. It had tahini like a cheese substitute and red onions and spinach. I think it had whole basil leaves as well. It's the only "vegan dish" I have tried that I would eat willingly again. But you could put shavings of manchego and cashews on anything and it would be heaven.

Thank you! I've always wanted to make my own pizzas, I look forward to making them now.

makes about three 10-inch pizzas btw.

Here's user's cheese mix for pizza:
>mostly mozzarella
>a generous sprinkling of parmesan
>a sprinkling of assagio
>some goat cheese crumbles
>a tiny, tiny amount of sharp cheddar

Too many cheeses and the flavors become muddy, I think this is a good balance.

5 cheeses is way too many you absolute fucktard. You shouldn't be using more than three unless it's just a plain cheese pizza.

Raclette can be sold in American cheese-like squares.

I admire the first person to try a slice of this cheese, risking his life for the taste of a piece fermented milk.