Steak

Cast Iron
High Heat
Tasty Cow
Simple Seasoning

This is how it's done.

you forgot ketchup

>burnt to shit black pepper on high heat

the only thing that should be going on prior to searing at this high of a temperature is salt. Any thing else will burn and bring an acrid taste. Pepper can go on later after it rests and be much better imo

Disagree.
>Outdoor grill
>high heat
>tasty cow
>fresh ground black pepper and flake salt

This is how it's done.

The OP didn't say that he peppered it beforehand. I'm , and I never season my steak before cooking. Salting it beforehand doesn't make any difference either, and pepper burns. Pull it off the grill, and then season with black pepper and flake salt, and let it rest.

you people are forgetting ketchup errytime

'merican style 'chup only

No one uses ketchup. Except PE Donny. Ketchup is for fags.

Stupid nigger. That's not burnt pepper. Steak looks delicious.

It appears to have large pieces of peppercorn burnt to it and a few in the pan as well.

Steak is a meme

where's the milk and jellybeans xD?

But that's wrong... salting before hand definitely enhances the flavor of the crust.

>salting it beforehand doesn't make any difference either

I ain't gonna wade into the pepper argument
but if you're not salting your steak and letting it sit out while it warms to room temperature then you're a plebian

Not enough to make a difference. The only way that would make enough of a difference would be if you salted the steaks 2 hours ahead of time so that osmosis is reached and the salt has had time to permeate. Otherwise, don't bother until afterwards.

There's definitely some sort of burnt herb or spice on that meat user

See .

So how do you heat the pan up to high without burning off your cast iron seasoning ?

Every time I have tried this I burn off the seasoning when getting the pan up to really high heat for searing a steak

But this is wrong and you should feel bad as you eat your poorly prepared steaks.

No, it's not wrong.

Tastes good over fire too, especially over an aromatic wood.

>The only way that would make enough of a difference would be if you salted the steaks 2 hours ahead of time
Which you should be fucking doing
A good steak is something to take care of and prepare in full, not whip out of the fridge 30 minutes before dinner and pan fry without any seasoning or resting.

Not everyone is jobless lout who stays home all day.
I never cook a steak straight from the fridge, but not everyone has time to waste 2 hours before making dinner. Get a fucking grip, dude.