They finally came out with an emulsified peanut butter that isn't terrible for you

they finally came out with an emulsified peanut butter that isn't terrible for you.

based planters

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19345947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22821174
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16825681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25794039
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551118/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

90 calories per 15g is standard for emulsified.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the emulsifier is usually just vegetable oil, no? And it's usually around like 10-20%?
Given that nuts are mainly oil, usually the calorie difference isn't huge. The problem with most store bought isn't really the calories, considering pb always has high calories, it's the added sugar. Vegetable oil isn't great for you but it's usually a pretty small amount anyway.

not the calories, my man.

the macros.

THAT PROTEIN TO FAT RATIO.

Is it really that fucking hard to stir your peanut butter or just keep it in the fridge? If your peanut butter contains anything but peanuts and salt then it's probably terrible for you. None of the oils they add are healthy.

the problem is that the industry standard for peanut butter emulsifiers is hydrogenated oils. Which are awful for you basically across the board, no matter which ones you're using. But no one seems to be able to find a substitute that 1) is commercially viable, 2) avoids the separation that you get with natural peanut butters that don't use hydrogenated oils and 3) is at least neutral (health-wise) for human consumption.

What is unhealthy about oil?

see oils aren't the problem; hydrogenated oils are, and they're used in every single peanut butter that doesn't have the word "natural" on the label.

What is unhealthy about hydrogenated oils?

where have you been for the last decade lmao

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19345947
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22821174
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16825681
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25794039
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551118/

I don't wanna read all that shit
Summarize

tl;dr: Hydrogenated oils are bad for you.

Okay a little more elaborated than that, but not 5 published academic papers long.

lots of the same reasons trans fats are bad for you are the same reasons hydrogenated oils are bad for you

increased risk of coronary heart disease, statistically significant causal link to increased risk of cancers (p ≤ 0.01), significant increase in LDL concentrations

That's only partially hydrogenated oils. Don't confuse the two, that's like saying margarine is made of trans fat when that hasn't been true in forever.

Most manufacturers are moving away from them, I think they're even being banned by the government or whatever.

Not OP but you need to fuck off and either google it or STFU.

Bullshit liberal propaganda.

Now that Trump is president you don't have to worry about this.

Funnily enough I just brought my first container of "natural" peanut butter today. When I opened it the oil was at the top and I had to stir it.

I hope the peanut butter doesn't harden in the fridge.

spoiler: it will

Stir the good shit up, and put in the fridge. Jesus, some people are so fucking lazy...

It will. Zap it in the micro for 10 seconds and it's gtg.

>I hope

Why? When it's congealed it's easier to serve in increments to measure.

Once it gets back down to room temperature it softens back.