I got some Avocados at home and feel like experimenting with them. Never used them for anything Else but in sandwiches...

I got some Avocados at home and feel like experimenting with them. Never used them for anything Else but in sandwiches, in salads or as Guacamole. Anyone know any recipies possibly in cooked dishes?

There's a lot of avocado desserts that are nice.

I didn't have desserts in mind. I might look into that as well.
But I'd like to use avocados in a main dish. Don't know what would fit well and cant just test it out myself as I'm on a tight budget.

>tight budget
>avacados

ok m8

OP

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

I buy them once or twice a month if they're on Sale. So each time I try to make something different with them.

make a pesto sauce with them

OP never said that he actually purchased the avocados though, to be fair. He may have been given them from someone who didn't want them.

Eat with cornm
Actually fuck you whiteboi for making avocados a meme vegetable and driving up prices. Stop buying them.

My local grocer has sales on avacado all the time though. I buy them for 33 cents each out here in the middle of Iowa, regularly. You just have shit stores m8.

Plus if you actually live in Cali there are cheap as dirt too.

Apparently you can use it 1:1 as substitute for butter in baking. Can't personally attest to it, but you could try some yummy green cupcakes or something.

Try this, I can live on it. Spread Avocado onto some toasted bread, pepper and a bit of tomato sauce on top.

It's simple and delicious.

One of my favorite foods to work with. Honestly, avocado is a neutral gear--you can go sweet or savory, or bland. Every way it works and it's highly nutritious.

Sweet: semi-unripe avocado (not rock solid)--outer skin off, diced, and sautéed until browned, like potatoes. Butter, cinnamon, salt...eat plain or in a wrap with some cream cheese. Another sweet: same deal, but with a toasted eggo waffle and some maple syrup.

Savory/unripe: Sautéed, with portabella mushrooms, green peppers, and brown rice---in a wrap or just as a dish. Version 2: Same, with ginger and cayenne pepper for a kick. Version 3: Same, but in a coconut soup with spinach. Version 4: With rice and taco sauce instead of chicken...You can bake avocados too; similar to potatoes, but peel the skin first; sliced in half at 375 for 15 minutes, flip half-way.

Mashed: set guac aside. Mash up an avocado and add cayenne and garlic. Italian seasoning too. Diced tomatoes on top as a wrap, with some cheese; toaster oven. Or puree an avocado and pair it with a soup--could be cold--a gazpacho, or any heated thicker soup. Mashed/reductionist: avocado, salt, pepper as a dip or a spread.

EAT ONE EVERY DAY SON SON

>Butter, cinnamon, salt
avocado is already butter. Why would you use butter on butter?

cause yumm, my man

baked with egg, with cock sauce.

Kys

Look up smashed avocado on toast, it's a godsend of a brunch food here in Australia and it's so much more than the sum of its parts.

And yes, go for recipes that involve poached egg and balsamic vinegar. That shit is heaven

Salt and lemon juice. It's all you need with these guys

it's also the reason you can't afford a home, apparently

You can do sausaces with them