What are my fellow anons' favorite go to foods for when the temperature starts to dip...

What are my fellow anons' favorite go to foods for when the temperature starts to dip. It's got to be sauerkraut and sausages for me. A good beer is nice too.

Other urls found in this thread:

splendidtable.org/recipes/spanish-garlic-soup
youtu.be/Fgzd5Vgx61U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Now I'm going to have that on friday

You should. It's a very under rated dish. Make sure you throw in an apple or two.

bigos

basically what OP posted but a few more things in it

potato soup is always great.

Beef stew, thick as can be.

i usually do it with a tenderloin but i can make an exception as i was just in germany this month

any other answer is disregarded, beef stew is GOAT

Oxtail soup, Mexico style, for me.

I concur, a thick beef stew is also god tier.

I have a pot of white beans (great northerns) soaking right now to make white bean soup tomorrow. And a nice fat ham bone to throw in it as well. White bean soup is uber comfort food when the weather gets chilly and wet.

Chili with chili peppers and seeds rather than just chili powder.

Gives you that nice fiery feeling in your stomach for hours after

Looks fucking disgusting.

Bratwurst is supposed to be grilled or at least pan fried, not fucking cooked. It just gets soggy and takes on the Sauerkraut flavor.

No Schwarzbrot or Kartoffelbrei on the side either? 0/10

This, nothing beats a great beef stew.

Oxtail soup is pretty good too but this (Mexico style) is awful, it's just a watery broth like weeaboo soups.
In Britain we like them nice and thick and with something like Oxtail, a rich thick soup is a must.

Are you suggesting that grilling and pan frying are not methods of cooking?

In Britain, you eat cum infused dishes, and claim they are doubly nutritious.

You're just being stupid, do you have anything to contribute?

Sausage casseroles are common in Britain and the sausages are still firm enough.

I can see the appeal of what OP did but would you eat this with Mashed/boiled potato? or just as is?

The sausage was was in the pan on its own beforehand fuck face. I cooked it with bacon and onions then let it simmer in the sauerkraut and apples. It's also kielbasa.

You're the reason why more people don't post on this board more often. People bring original content, but it isn't exactly what you like/want, so you shit all over it. Go fuck yourself.

Sometimes I'll make mashed potatoes to go with it, but not this time. It's good either way.

I agree so much. Some good sausages, sauerkraut and a brown ale is my go to. I also like fish and chips with salt and vinegar lately.

Don't listen to that faggot, it looks good OP. Most of the retards that trash shit on this board have never spent a day on the line in a real kitchen. Even most 'foodies' are fucking know it all jack offs.

It looks good. Not sure what kind of sausages you used, but I usually use my homemade smoked kielbasa which is primarily spiced with garlic and marjoram. I usually serve it with crispy hash browned potatoes. Extremely comfy on a cold day.

Thanks. The kielbasa is from a local BBQ joint. They sell all kinds of meats there aside from the obvious BBQ. They also butcher wild game as well. I've got some deer and hog sausage I'd like to try this with.

garlic soup. you can make it with leftovers, it takes 15 minutes to make and beats most other meals easily for flavour

Came here to say this. Pasties are nice (football season here in the states, Sunday tradition), as well as chicken pot pie. Been mulling doing a cottage pie (don't want to trigger our bong friends) as a project as well as of late. If anyone has a "mom recipe" to that end your input would be most appreciated

I make roasted sweet potato outside on coals. Tastes fucking good man

Baked sweetpotato, topped with whatever I'm feeling like at the time.

any good recipes?

Not that user, but came across this:
splendidtable.org/recipes/spanish-garlic-soup

i dunno what that is but its certainly not spanish garlic soup

try this:
youtu.be/Fgzd5Vgx61U

Leftovers Chilli, I made some last week.