I need help Veeky Forums...

I need help Veeky Forums. The day after Thanksgiving I have been invited to what amounts to a second Thanksgiving with a new friend group. I'm slated to bring Pecan Pie and Bread Pudding.

I'm not a very likable person and I want to make a good impression with my food. I need help.

I have enough money that I can try out recipes over the next week to get something right. Does anyone have suggestions for recipes? Secrets? Anything?

Please I really don't want these people to hate me.

Other urls found in this thread:

bacontoday.com/bacon-chocolate-guinness-challah-bread-pudding/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

load your bread pudding up with booze and they will like you

Two dessert dishes? Sounds like your new friends are a bunch of fatties.

Chill the fuck out and stop being annoying if you want people to like you

They probably just invited you out of courtesy, OP
I'm sure they didn't actually want you to come, don't go ruining their Thanksgiving with your presence

Don't really know about the Pecan Pie, but if you want a "different" bread pudding, you can make this Chocolate Bacon Guiness Bread pudding here:

bacontoday.com/bacon-chocolate-guinness-challah-bread-pudding/

here are a few tips – Don't bother candying the bacon to sprinkly on top as the recipe recommends, it already comes out pretty sweet. Also cut the chocolate chips it suggests in half, it'll be too rich otherwise. Also add an extra egg too.

Made it a couple of times and this worked out pretty well as a very rich novelty dish.

For pecan pie just use the recipie on the back of a Karo corn syrup bottle. Easy, on the cheap.

Use french bread for your bread pudding, add walnuts, pecans and golden rasins. Add in a little rum to the pudding itself, and make a rum sauce to go on top. Recipes are all stuff you can find online

>Slated to bring
I'm not american, but I've have never brought food to anyone's house outside of barbecues and events organised by elderly relatives who expect bowls of potato salad and cold rice out of tradition. If they're friends, I'd just bring beer. Nothing else.

bring them an irish stew and soda bread, op

this very thread is the reason people don't like you

do you have any idea how annoying it is to be around whiny insecure people? work on that.

This.

This, the harder you try the worse it is
Nobody likes a dumb weeb

Don't do this OP, this is bad. It's a fucking abomination and slander to the name of Bread Pudding.

This. Also pecan pie is fucking easy, just get a crust from the store and use a recipe for the pecan marmalade and then dice up some whole pecans
Don't do this, beer and bread pudding do not go.

topkek

Screw you bitter assholes that are trying to sabotage this poor guy. At least he's trying to make friends. How can he be better at being social if he's got no one to be social with?

Listen, OP, it's fine to buy things like this. A lot of nicer local places and grocery stores ( Fresh Markey, Whole Foods ) will have the pie. The bread pudding is a long shot, but seriously, just Google bread pudding recipe and look for the one with the highest number of ratings. Check the comments and see what alterations people have suggested, and then follow your gut.

You'll do fine and good luck!

>How can he be better at being social if he's got no one to be social with?
that's not the point
no one will love OP if OP does not love himself first.

First off, that's not true. Plenty of people who are depressed or whatnot have people who care for them.

And second of all, isn't it obvious that OP does indeed love him/herself? If he/she didn't they wouldn't even be asking for help.

You are the one missing the point.

>And second of all, isn't it obvious that OP does indeed love him/herself?
asoblutely not, as evidenced by this line in his post:
>I'm not a very likable person and I want to make a good impression with my food
>I'm not a very likable person
i'm sure OP is a perfectly likable person. but that screams "insecurity" to me, and the only way i know how to fix that is by learning to love yourself as you are. maybe that's not his problem, maybe you're right and i'm completely missing something. who knows.
food and cooking.

Making an objective assessment of the facts is not the same thing as "not loving yourself".

It's like calling yourself "Fat" when you are indeed overweight. It's not necessarily self deprecation, it's just a statement of fact.

>Buying crust
Flour, butter, water, vinegar and salt.

Im assuming OP cant into baking or else i would have told him to do it himself.

NO ...absolutely not!

kek NO!

It's not difficult to make a simple bread and butter pudding with Brioche, vanilla custard and a few sultanas.
It will blow their socks off.

He'll never make friends if he shows up with store-bought crust.

Well I guess it depends. Personally I'd be pretty happy if someone made me food even if its not the best.

Now don't go selling yourself short OP, you've gotten yourself invited to a second thanksgiving mate, and you're sorting the puds which is banty code for them thinking you're just a right top lad. Just go there, show them your stuff, have a good one man

>I'm not a very likable person and I want to make a
>Please I really don't want these people to hate me.
YOU IS KIND. YOU IS SMART. YOU IS IMPORTANT.

Bread pudding sounds like butt cheese. Fuck that.

spiced rum goes with most desserts tho

OP here. I asked my father about this. He told my my great aunt from Arkansas has a pecan pie recipe that won 2nd place in the state fair and that he might be able to convince her to part with the recipe of he swears it won't leave the family.

I was planning on using a bourbon sauce. I don't know how to choose what kind of bourbon to use. I have nice bourbon I could open to use for it.

I also was planning on baking the bread for the bred pudding and make it sweet bread.

This is what I'm worried about

>Chill the fuck out and stop being annoying if you want people to like you
I try really hard to. I'm getting better, but when I get nervous I talk loudly. I try to drink to compensate and relax myself, but it sometimes backfires.

Should I go for rum instead of bourbon for the sauce?