Surströmming

Hey there. A few weeks ago i made a thread about surströmming. I ended up trying it and it wasn't that bad. I mean it kind of tasted like salt, onions and body odor and for the smell just add rotten eggs and vinegar. I can see myself liking it more if I eat enough of it.
I ended up freezing it but I would like to ask if I can just thaw it and eat it or if that would be unsafe.

Help me out on this one swedebros. Also, what other weird shit do you guys have that I can try.
I like trying weird foods just no bugs.

The main reason I froze it is because there are 8.8 grams of salt per 100g of material.

Fuck it just hit me thats probably why its still soft after 3 days in the freezer.

holy shit

Yeah I know. I just did the math and anchovies are only 2.8g of sodium per 100g of fish. I'm guessing most of the sodium is in the brine but still. Holy shit.

Bump

Haha han äter rutten fisk loool

So? It's not bad.

And it's Surströmming not ruttenströmming

Ok

Next stop kaviar

*caviar

reddit post
kys

>reddit post.
You'd know.
Faggot.

babbys first reaction pic
literally kys

Did you eat it the traditional way, with boiled taters, dill and sour cream and onions on a flatbread?

I did exactly that with a big glass of milk. Probably going to defrost some this week and eat it again.
rotten and fermented are 2 different things. There's a fine line but it's still different. if it were rotten it would taste like shit. This tastes better than shit. more like dirty pussy which i can tolerate. the salt stops it from rotting. Also the reason it wont kill you is because it isn't rotten.
Do they have google over there?
Chek'd
How is that shit?

Made myself a big old feast.

>kys

Please.

Shit's real good like this
It's even good with cheese believe it or not

As a swede I dont really see the point of eating surströmming when ordinary pickled herring exist

I get it now. It would be like eating canned deviled ham, when deviled ham made fresh from real ham is available. So in other words, avoid at all cost. Makes sense.

>you can only choose one
Hmmm...

>No Svennes

This is the most swedish post I've ever seen