You know that stuff you call "pepperoni" is actually SALAME, right? And that "pepperoni" is a distortion of PEPERONI...

You know that stuff you call "pepperoni" is actually SALAME, right? And that "pepperoni" is a distortion of PEPERONI, which is the word for a particular kind of VEGETABLE, right? Learn the master language of food, you frigging cads.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2yk5dl/how_and_when_did_pepperoni_become_the_default/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody cares, fuckboy.
Who wants to eat a SOLAME pizza? Nobody, that's who.
Now excuse me while I go grab a slice of proper pepperoni pizza and masturbate.

>implying we care about your stupid language

this is an EGGPLANT you fucking illiterate foreign cunt

I'm gonna laugh so much when you'll find a pizza with peppers in your dish because you can't speak italian and don't want to learn

Salame isn't pepperoni
I had both and pepperoni is garbage

Isn't pepperoni a specific type of salami only available in America? Like really fatty, a bit spicy salami?

This always bothered me. Fucking amerifats

Why would we learn an irrelevant language?

you should use the napkin that you blotted all the grease off your shitty pizza to jack off with.

Well if I ever magically wake up in Italy one day then I sure would have egg on my face.

Italian food words are heavily "misused" in English, particularly American English. Italian plurals are used as singular all the time. Pepperoni is an example. This has been the case for almost a century, so Don't expect it to change.

Well now that you feel like correcting people in an autistic rage...

ITS NOT CALLED FUCKING SALAME YOU IGNORANT FUCKS

ITS CALLED SALCHICHON AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FATSTICKS YOU PUT IN YOUR PIZZA.

Well, you know...

only english matters because the french, spanish, italian, chinese, japs and germans that are worth a shit already speak english.

what?

pepperoni is actually different from salami. and those are called bell pepper you cazzo.

>Who wants to eat a SOLAME pizza? Nobody, that's who.
It's one of the most popular pizzas out there.

GABAGOOL?
OVER HERE

I still don't see why anyone would unless they're going to Italy. But does that include language classes in high school as well? Cause that'd make sense. Hell, I could learn French and pass it off in Quebec. Does Italy have any colonies that exclusively speak Italian?

It makes you more knowledgeable in other cultures and less limited in your ability to comunicate and travel.

salame (or salami, as you say in America) is the sausage, pepperoni (at least in Italian) is the vegetable, i.e. pepper
spicy salami exists in Italy too and it's called spicy salami, not pepperoni

2bh, I'd go to Italy for the pizza and to explore Sardinia. That looks like a cool island

wow, is it so difficult for you to say S A L A M E ?
you must be really retards...

Just show off a couple of these and walla, you know Italian

Not colonies, but Italian is also spoken in:
>Switzerland
>Slovenia
>Croatia
>Albania
>Argentina
>Malta
>Monaco
>Corsica
>Crimea
>Belgium
>Montenegro
>Tunisia
>East Africa
>North Africa

Heyyy... you watcha you step

>Argentina
>Africa's
>Tunisia
Legitimately suprised. But I don't wanna go to Africa. I like my head on my shoulders.

that's fine

Fucking Italian autists.........

Pepperoni is a type of salami, but salami isn't Pepperoni. We call it pepperoni BECAUSE it contains several types of ground peppers, both hot and sweet. So, you can shove your salami straight up your ass.

Isn't Tunisia in N.Africa?

Build wall.

Yeah, but North Africa comprehends Libya and Algeria, where Italian is actually spoken (maybe less than in Tunisia, but still)

Salami tastes like pepperoni when you cook it fucktard.
Gr8 b8 m8

Actually pepperoni is named after the various kinds of peppers used to make it, it's not so much a distortion as it is slang meaning "little peppers", which references the finely minced peppers they use to make the meat
They have pepperoni in italy, really, just look at just about any average pizza place's menu

Wait. So there are eggs inside?

What are you, 12?

I think you're confusing many things...
Peperoni (with one P) in Italian is an augmentative, so it cannot mean "little peppers". It means pepper and nothing else, while the chili little red pepper has a different name. Salami (in Italian salame, which is singular) is just sausage made from pig meat. If you want to make a spicy sausage, of course you can use the minced chili pepper, but it's just a variant of the simple salame. Now, what you all guys love on your pizza is the spicy salame! If you read a pizzas menu in Italy you'll find "pizza al salame" (pizza with salami), not "pizza ai peperoni"

There are different types of salami you mongoloid. Do you call all of them salami? Pepperoni is an american salami made with a shit ton of paprika, which is made from peppers. It's not italian, but it's a perfectly valid salami, and there's nothing wrong with giving it a name which relates to what it's made from. You're a retard who thinks he's smart and, even more so, wants others to think so.

>Do Amerifats really do this?

argentinian here italy is the reason we re so much better than the rest of south america because we got a massive immigrattion from there after genociding our natives while everyone else is the result of either spaniards or portuguese in case of brazil racemixing with tribal people
we dont speak italian tho

wathever peperoni is really fucking low quality+
there is at least 5 kinds of salame im awear of and pepperoni is way worse than the cheap stuff

1.5 million people is a lot though

Aubergene

From wikipedia:

Pepperoni is a cured dry sausage similar to the spicy salamis of southern Italy, such as salsiccia Napoletana piccante, a spicy dry sausage from Naples, or the soppressata from Calabria.

The american mass produced abomination for use on pizza is just one more example of america taking a fine product and ruining it.

See meatsandsausages.com for a recipe for a true, long drying pepperoni.

Now stfu. Your sausage master has spoken.

I had honestly thought you guys had way more Germans.

>at least in Italian

does this fucking site look italian to you? and have you not being acquainted with the fact that the same things have different spelling in different languages? are italians this slow?

>the faggot doesnt know that pepperoni is an american version of salami

>italy
>relevant

>>>/mamamiachan/

Its because americans wanted to make salami, but since they made it fast and in factories and fridges year round and shit, it cant be classified as salami or salame or whatever. So they made up the bastard word pepperoni and you get what you get. Sauce: reddit.com/r/AskHistorians/comments/2yk5dl/how_and_when_did_pepperoni_become_the_default/

>reddit
You gotta go back.

The pepperoni we put on pizza is not the same thing as salame.

>ITT: people who know nothing about sausage, Italian or otherwise, attempt to defend indefensible positions, because it's their "tribe" that's right, muh.

>I'm literally too stupid to realize multiple languages exist

Thank God I'll never step foot in europe

pizza confirmed for a vegetable

let me clear this up for everyone

all pepperoni is salami
not all salami is pepperoni

RAAAAPEEEE!!!!

Not really talking from anything grounded, but it's just a guess. Italians do make a fuck ton of cars to import, much like the Germans. So I imagine learning Italian might be important for engineers coming into the country to help

salami as a rule tends to be high in fat, so the extra fat in murican salami really isnt that much.

Peperoni is an industrial, waste meat product.
It's literally the food of the plebeian classes.

What's with the sudden stormfront of butthurt Italians lately, I've seen a bunch of threads about 'muh authentic Italy' in the last few days

No one gives a shit, get fucked, stop whining, and post recipes

Because even a retard can learn your language

Uhm
Most italian speakers in Argentina are dead by now
Their sons speak spanish

>argues about faithfulness to the original
>posts low quality plastic wrapped version
i shiggy diggy

Retardation of using pepperoni when referring to salame/salami reminds me of a tattoo parlor chain called "rectum"
>pretend to be an italian restaurant
>don't even know basic words for the ingredients

But i'm speaking english

Its not its cured a different way on top of a different mold is used... My uncle owns MilanSalami in Oakland

>french
>already speak english.
LOL