The protein

>the protein

op confirmed for low test

I don't get why this triggers you.

that really triggers my autism too. how did people start saying that?

I also hear
>a protein

like "tonight for dinner I'm going to have some veggies and a protein"

It's like when people started saying "bae" instead of babe. It's just faggots trying to meme. Don't encourage or mention them.

Are you an idiot?

I don't mean here. I mean in the real world I hear people say it.

I imagine it has something to do with caring so little about one's food that referring to it by its primary macro nutrient is considered a sufficient descriptor.

If you think about it that's how Western meals have been traditionally put together. It's also the way restaurants identify dishes - the protein is identified first, and is usually the main component of the dish.Chefs have always spoken this way, identifying dishes by type of protein. You hear Ramsay do it all the time on Masterchef. Home cooks have picked up a lot of chef-speak over the last decade or so due to how many chefs are now on television.

k thanks

It's not caring so little, it's just identifying the way most Westerners think about food. When you order at a restaurant or plan to cook a meal at home what's your starting point? For most people it's the protein they want to eat. I'm having chicken. I feel like having beef tonight. Our thinking about food is centered around protein sources.

>confirmed for having zero industry experience

>the protein
>what they actually mean is THE MEAT

It's a handy libcuck signal word, though

Saying the MEAT would be kinda weird when referring to fish, seafood, cheese or eggs, wouldn't it?

>implying I think being a cook (or glorified cook: chef) is something I respect

Yeah so refer to them as their respective names you faggot

I'll keep using protein as the general category because I enjoy triggering you.

It's a dumb buzzword that people use to sound educated. Yell Bingo whenever someone uses it.

Fuck off back to your containment board Veeky Forumsfag

or it's a word widely used in the industry and you people are just autistic faggots

>cook
>respect

C'mon, dishwashers and janitors respect and envy cooks.

this

Gordon Ramsay never says "the protein"

You're a faggot. Real chefs don't say "the protein"

nu-male youtube """"""""""chefs""""""""""" are the only people saying "the protein"

They should call it "the heart disease and ass cancer" instead

No you're a

Okay lard arse. You are aware than muh gains doesn't stop your arteries are still clogged with fat right?

>Saying the MEAT would be kinda weird when referring to fish, seafood, cheese or eggs, wouldn't it?
You could also say concentrated cholesterol or just "cancer" as a short term.

Confirmed for never watched Master Chef.