Please, PLEASE tell me what the fuck I'm doing wrong? Every time I deep fry chicken...

Please, PLEASE tell me what the fuck I'm doing wrong? Every time I deep fry chicken, it's still undercooked on the inside and I have to finish it in the oven.

Even if I follow the recipes exactly, make sure my meat is at room temperature, and use a fucking thermometer to check the oil, this happens.

>fry chicken

You're not leaving it in the oil long enough.

>>but I followed the recipe
Recipes are guidelines bro. You shouldn't expect exactness. Ever.

this picture

why didn't he take the helmet off? if not just to drink?

Just leave it in the oil longer??? Jesus Christ ...

Literal autism. Was your chicken the exact thickness of that in the recipe? Of course not. Recipes generally assume the person attempting it can actually make judgements that vary from the recipe. You have to check for doneness by either a thermometer or pulling the thickest piece out and cutting it open.

You sound like the kind of person who would freeze if they saw a "pinch" of something in a recipe, and throw up their hands saying, "I can't make this! What's a pinch?"

When I take it out, it's already dark brown.

your oil is too hot, cooking the outside too fast causing you to think it's done. Aim for 370° f

Then next time lower the oil temp and cook for longer.

What's wrong with finishing it in the oven?

It shouldn't be necessary. It's indicative of the frying being done incorrectly.

Use lower temperature.

google chicken frying temperatures, get a termomether for oil

That's bullshit
Get that oil hot enough and you can fry it in under 40 seconds

You're using grocery store chickens. Use chickens from 2.5 - 3# Fry dark meat at 320; breasts at 340.

Pic related is from ad hoc at home.

Maybe you don't have enough oil, so the temperature plummets when you put the chicken in.

if you're calling it underdone because there's red near the bone, well most chicken when cooked to the proper temperature still has that red near the bone, you gotta overcook it and risk drying it out to get rid of all the red.
brotip: get a meat thermometer

that's too low! the chicken will be greezy
350 at the lowest

i agree with this guy if you're using a thermometer or temp controlled fryer

if not use a thermometer

i use a temp controlled fryer and set it to ~375 and get perfect chicken every time

>350 at the lowest
Enjoy your undercooked bird and blackened crust.

320 isn't too low and won't make it greasy.

Are you frying it in olive oil?

If so, don't.

your shitty, old as fuck looking, yellow book screenshots aren't helping your case

Derp post of the week.

this same recipe on serious eats tells you to crank the heat to 340 for the breast and wings so you're being disingenuous
320 is ridiculously low, regardless

stupid read my post here.

it's still too fucking low

Frying chicken is messy and time-consuming and Popeye's is cheap, so no point really.

But yeah, as everyone else already pointed out, if your chicken is undercooked on the inside, then you're cooking at too high a temp and/or not cooking long enough. Ignore the idiot saying it's too low; you can't cook bone-in chicken at the same temp as a french fry and expect it to get cooked through before the outside is burnt.

Also, the chains use special pressure fryers to speed the cooking along and get consistent results; maybe you could pick one up on ebay if you were really into making fried chicken.

>no point really

Except knowing what you put into it.

You're right about the pressure fryers though.

You can use a stove top pressure cooker, but this is considered dangerous by many.

That's not without its own headaches based on all the youtube videos though.

Fry it, rest for 5 minutes or more, fry again.

If you wear it long enough, you can forget it's there.

If your breading is getting too dark before the meat is cooked, you must lower the temp of the oil for a longer cook time. That isn't obvious to you? Also, fuck recipes.

fried chicken at home in a pan literally takes about 10 minutes per side, deal with it

i have 5 motorcycles and even more helmets and i've never forgot i was wearing one

Another option you can try is to parboil the chicken in water first, then dry it, then batter and fry it.

That's how it's done with a lot of chink food, and it turns out great.

There's nothing wrong with finishing in the oven. It can actually make a better fried chicken.

Pan fried != deep fried

>PLEASE tel me what the fuck I'm doing wrong.
Eating corpses, carni-cuck ;^).

After deep frying your chicken it's undercook and you can't figure out what you're doing wrong? Dude: FUCKING COOK IT LONGER

Try a double fry, do a longer one at a lower temperature first, let it cool down, then a quick one at a higher temp to finish the crust off.

It works when frying lots of different things.

because that's M13, a motovlogger, and he made that video for laughs

also, as a motorcycle rider, taking your helmet off and putting it back on all the time is annoying as fuck so if I know I'm going to be getting back on the bike soon I don't take it off unless I absolutely have to.