Anyone order a salad from a fast food chain?

anyone order a salad from a fast food chain?

1. why
2. how was it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MtcLh_8eOic&list=PLnGBcsajZuOCOvRya_zbkCEXkW2h1yEmz
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1. Curiosity
2. Soggy

I'll just make my own from now on. It's not like it's hard anyhow. just chop some veggies is a bowl.

I used to get ceasar side salads with combo meals at Wendy's (substitute fries for the salad). Lettuce was fresh, croutons were crunchy, parmesan cheese was cheap, size was just right for a side salad.

I stopped getting them because the dressing and croutons ended up being more calories than a small fry. Fuck lite dressing. I should eat more lettuce though.

I do see middle aged women paying $9 for a "meal" sized lettuce bowl at McDs or Wendys, same lettuce and quality, but really its $1 of lettuce, and $1 of dressing, and $1 of croutons and other veggies in a bowl at a huge markup. It would be more cost effective to make it at home.

I worked at a whataburger and got their salads almost daily
Their apple cranberry salad is pretty good. For a burger joint. Especially since I could fuck around with the chicken on it.

I always get side salad from Rallys/Checkers with my Baconzilla

Why do you eat friend potato all the time?

Are you fucking retarded, or do you just have no creativity, taste, or interest in trying something new?

joke's on you mate i haven't eaten fast food in five years

Because 10lb of potatoes is like $3 and it's easy to make

I came in here to post this. I miss the fuck out of these - thought they were delicious as a kid. My parents would look at me in shock when every other kid was ordering burgers and I got this shit.

Anyways though, I occasionally get a salad from a fast food place, just depends on how filled up I want to be and if I'm on the run somewhere. Easy to run through a drive through. They're not spectacular in a lot of cases, but okay.

I got a salad at culvers out of curiosity. It was okay I guess but I'd rather make my own salad instead.

No friend of mine is a potato, you greasy Mick.

I don't but I had a "friend" who would always order their salad with extra fried chicken, yet always claimed they ate healthy whenever the topic of healthy eating came up.

>Curiosity
>It was alright

>1. why
I eat really light lunches so I can eat big dinners without getting fat and don't like fast food.
>2. how was it
They are all pretty shit, but fast food places have for sure picked up their salad game. Have to watch them on the calories though, a lot of them aren't that healthy - or at least not as good as they allude.

1. Heard Wendy's had good salads as far as fast food goes

2. It was pretty good

A couple of the Wendy's salads aren't bad.

What is actually telling is whenever I eat at Wendys at off times (outside of lunch rush) I see employees young and old eating salads. Either they get huge discounts or its a legit food back there.

i used to work at mcdees back in high school and in 2010 or 2011 they had this chipotle southwest chicken salad that was actually great. i used to have that here n there to mix up the constant greasy burgers eh

Yes, at Wendy's.

1. Because I had eaten very little vegetables that day and I figured I'd humour myself and pretend to be healthy.

2. Considering it was Wendy's, it was actually pretty fucking good. Wendy's is kinda known for their salads, so if you get a full-size salad there it eats like a meal, and not because there's a pound of fried chicken and dressing on top. That said, there is chicken on top, breaded or "grilled", but not so much that it overshadows the salad itself. I had the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad: Dried cranberries, chopped apple, glazed pecans (could have done without the glaze), blue cheese bits, some grilled chicken chunks, and pomegranate vinaigrette on top of a fuckload of what looks like either Romaine or Green Leaf lettuce, which is at least marginally better than Iceberg water-leaves.

>all the time
Yeah, that's the thing - We don't eat it all the time, and those that do are terrible human beings. Fast food is like candy, or soda. You don't fucking eat it to get full, it's not a meal. It's a treat you have once every couple of days, because it's tasty. The only people who eat it regularly are poor, uneducated, lazy, lacking in self-respect, or any combination of the above.

Wait a minute...

>Why do you eat friend potato
>friend potato
Potato detected, opinion discarded.
We humans have been eating your friends for centuries, nay, millennia, and we are unlikely to stop now. Deal with it.

the old wendys taco salad circa 10 years ago was incredible! this new one is less so, but not bad

Ah, the classic.
>I'm eating healthy / watching my weight because I'm ordering a salad!
>I'll have the large caesar salad, with extra parmesan, extra croutons, fried chicken, extra fried chicken, bacon bits, and double dressing...
>Oh and please leave the menus, I'll be having dessert too. I think I deserve a little treat for eating so healthy!

Mcdonald's Asian salad. Can't remember if it had an actual name or not.
1. My mom told me it was good.
2. It was pretty damn good. The dressing used was slightly thicker than the store-bought version and it made a huge difference.

Haven't had it in like 7-8 years though and they don't sell it around here.
Tried the Cashew Asian salad at Wendy's a couple of years ago to see if it was just as good, and it was tasty but obviously not an exact replica of the Mcdonald's one. Of course they silently took that off the menu here too.

tried the salad at subway once cause some lady ordered it in front of me.
p lame

>7-8 years

fun fact the salad and veggie choices at fast food chains nearly all have more calories than the burgers.

t. ex-mcdonalds manager

>be me years ago
>eating disorder skelly mode
>forced to go to fast food chain with family
>order salad with no dressing

it was fucking shit and i wished i hadnt wasted one of my meals on wilted lettuce and day old tomato etc

I get Coleslaw at KFC.

youtube.com/watch?v=MtcLh_8eOic&list=PLnGBcsajZuOCOvRya_zbkCEXkW2h1yEmz

For me it is the McSalad, the best fast food salad.

Yes
Because I spent 3 weeks eating McDonalds for every meal and i was tired of everything else
It's terrible and the chicken is just a cheap chicken patty I could have gotten by 1/4 of the price, the cheese tasted like nothing and you had to add like 400 calories of dressing wich I didn't because fuck that, I added only one and a half of them and ate it anywaus

tHERE IS A HAIR IN THE FUCKING BOWL

KFC has the best slaw. I'll order a large slaw large mac n cheese and 2 biscuits. Fat but dank AF.

there is some kind of fast food thing in my school where they sell salads.

sometimes I get a "buffalo salad", it has some chicken tenders on it, also some corn chips or something like that, some different lettuces and buffalo sauce on it with "queso fresco" which is like parmesan but its a different cheese

I really like them, sometimes, one day its all nice and fresh and other day is fucking bad and soggy

pic related: halfway eaten salad

Back when I was a lifeguard ay the public pool a few summers ago, the Jews that owned the pool where so fucking stingy about breaks, so that you had to be working a double shift(10 hours) to get a lunch break. Because the pool was so understaffed, I found myself working doubles several days a week, and because of this, I would often go to Wendy's, as it was the closest place to eat. I got tired of regular sandwhiches, and decided to mix it up with their apple pecan salad. I think it had apples, crasins, pecans, and some sort of crumbled cheese (can't remember if it was bleu, gorg, or feta) and was topped with a raspberry vinegrette. All in all it was pretty good, and since I wasn't a big salad eater to begin with, it introduced me to new toppings lie apples and crumbled cheeses, and was the first time I had a dressing that wasn't ranch or Italian. I have since expanded my salad tastes, but I have to credit Wendy's with helping me try new things.