1. post something that you've never tried

1. post something that you've never tried
2. get told if you're missing out or not

i have never had tea

>i have never had tea
Not even generic sweet iced tea? Not necessarily missing out but it is a unique flavor. A hot cup of tea goes well with a few desserts.

I have never had deep dish pizza.

get yourself to the nearest 'go 'za place ASAP son

oysters

hideously overrated, but faux patricians pretend to like them because they don't want to be the odd one out.

>I have never had deep dish pizza.
I grew up in Chicago so I'm biased, but, good deep dish pizza is really tasty. Only takes a few slices to fill me up. It's baked upside down, with the cheese on the bottom, toppings on that and then the sauce on the top.

Also Chicago style thin crust is good too. Unlike New York, the crust is very crisp making it nearly cracker like. It's then cut into rectangles.

stuffed turkey

thanks.

Don't believe him. The first time you have a raw one you will prob think it's gross. But if you keep eating them, find if you like hot sauce or lemon juice or both and you can then unlock the appreciation for them. They taste "refreshing" to me now. Love em

It's good if done right

Kebab

veal

>find if you like hot sauce or lemon juice or both
So you have to put sauces on them in order to make them palatable? lemon juice seems like it would mask something that is described to have a mild nuanced flavor.

Satisfyingly salty, greasy meat (assuming we're talking about the fast food version and not the fancier authentic stuff). It's fast food so the flavors are simple but go ahead and try some when you get the chance.

Never had: Kobe beef, eel, urchin, starfruit, durian

Do not listen to this man. Oysters are absolutely delicious both raw and cooked. I understand they are not for everyone, but at least give them a shot.

Nah, enlightens the refreshing flavor. It's like lingerie on a sexy bitch

No you do not. The tough part is actually getting high quality oysters for a solid price if you are not in the right part of the country. The most common oyster is blue point, they are a good starter but often bland. The horseradish, hot sauce, lemon, vinegar, etc, should be used very sparingly similar to wasabi and soy sauce on sushi.
They are meant to enhance and bring out flavors found in the oyster. Oysters' taste varies greatly based on the location they are from, so there are lots of subtlety and nuances to the flavor and you can start to pick out the areas you prefer.

Or you could just say fuck it and get a big ol oyster poboy with coleslaw. Either way try them.

>1. post something that you've never tried

I have never removed a kebab

Kobe Beef, eel, and urchin are definitely must tries if you have the opportunity.

Star fruit is OK, kinda neat just to have one, and it looks like a star!

Do not get a durian. It is a shit fruit that is really only popular because of it's nutritional value. Basically the only reason people ate them is because they had to. They are extremely pungent and really cumbersome to cut open. If you get offered some I'd go for it, that's how I tried it, but you will be greatly disappointed if you spend a bunch of money or time trying to seek it out.

Only good if you are shitfaced. Why anyone would touch one sober is beyond me.

Never been to McDonalds or had anything from there

Never had roasted tarantula. Some people seems to like, so why shouldn't I?

I have never in my life ate even a tiny bit of avocado. Is it good?

Real good, if you like raw clams then it won't be too far off. I enjoy my oysters with a bit of butter and hot sauce, though plain raw is also nice.
If raw sounds too intense, I recommend oyster stew with a generous helping of scallions and hot sauce.

Urchin is delicious. I feel like I'm tasting the ocean when I eat it. That said, the flavor is really intense so be prepared. Eel is more mild but very delicious, I don't know what to compare it to but it's great grilled.
Starfruit tastes like juicy apples to me.
Durian is like a cross between an apple, onion, and tastes like how a dumpster smells. I didn't care for it, but I would eat it as an ice cream or something.

Never had kobe.

Less taste, more tender, and finer grained than beef. A bit overrated but still nice.

I think its delicious. You have to make sure that its not over or under ripe or it will be too hard, or gross and mushy, respectively.

The fist time you eat one, have it alone, and only with a tiny bit of salt. It has sort of a nutty flavor I guess. Some people think the texture is weird.

It has a very creamy texture. It's great on burgers if used sparingly. I eat the stuff at least twice a week

I've never had chili con carne.

Woah get yourself and avocado and some limes right now right now. I may be biased, but it has to be in my top 10 favorite food. Also I second the burger recommendation, or any sandwich with bacon. It's good with eggs, it's pretty much good with anything. Your world is about to change.

I'm from Belgium and never had mussels. I think they smell delicious, but so far I haven't been able to get over the fact that it's a whole animal, intestines and all.
Some day...

>no mussels in brussels
You should really try it man, just close your eyes and dig in. Make sure you go to a higher end restaurant. Mussels aren't hard to cook well at all and they're pretty cheap, but somehow restaurants still manage to fuck them up and/or over cook them. Find a well know french restaurant, sit at the bar with a friend, and get some drinks and white wine mussels. Dipping the crunchy buttered french bread into the delicious garlicy broth should be more than enough to convince you. Maybe get some pom frites with garlic aoli on the side if you really wanna pig out, highly recommended.

Never had a century egg or balut

I think it is a bit overrated but it is good.

You're not missing anything. Deep dish pizza is dog shit compared to any other style. New York style pizza master race.

I've never had curry. People talk about it on this board all the time. I always thought it was an African dish they made to hide the taste of spoiled meat. Am I missing out? Is it like chili or something?

Yes, you are missing out.
Chili heat is usually pretty one dimensional, only the fanciest chilis are particularly complex.
Curries incorporate a wide spectrum of spices with their own characteristic flavours that provide a lot of depth to the meal.

I have never had mussels, clams, lobster, or crab.
I've just never encountered it in my daily life, and even if I were faced with some, the idea of eating creatures whole, guts and all - or sea insects - is mentally distasteful.

I will eat prawns, but reluctantly.

>durian
>shit fruit that people only eat out of desperation

It's considered an extremely prized delicacy here in Malaysia, and it actually smells fragrant and delightful to us locals.
Hell, as a chink, going down to the family orchard to get durian was one of the ways I passed my time during the holiday season.

Granted, it's not for everyone though. Some people find the smell absolutely horrid for some reason.
Taste wise, it's comparable to a nutty, sweet custard.

Man, you're missing out.

Where are you from?

The outside is bearable if you've never had a century egg before. It basically tastes like salty jelly. The yolk is where most of the egg's pungency comes from. Also, the Chinese tend to incorporate century eggs into their congees or serve them with lots of chili.

Are anchovies in pizza good?

they're extremely salty. the oil they're packed in smells like cat food but they don't taste like it. just salty/briny, less fishy than fish sauce

the best! Go go go

Never had Lamb or Rabbit.

how the hell do tea and sweet iced tea can relate to each other except that there's tea in their names? it's like comparing coffee to coke

I've tried it a few times and liked it. Very salty though.
I've never tried menudo. It's everywhere here in Texas and most the Mexicans praise it.

lamb you're missing something nice rabbit not so much

lamb is like a more pungent beef, with a firmer texture but with a nice grain to it, so it is really delicious when slice

lamb chops are good

to be fair the only rabbit I've had was like, a paste

disgusting texture

it's more like comparing black coffee to a latte

I've never tried sushi or a roast dinner.
Never has appealed to me.
I live in Jersey.

Lamb is pretty good

Rabbit is very gamey. If you like dark meat chicken you'll probably like it

Sushi is good but it's more of a process to get the good stuff.

You'll probably find it weird the first couple of times, but eventually you'll like it.

Don't feel 'bad' or whatever about ordering sushi witch cooked shrimp chicken etc. It's a new, weird thing so you probably want to ease into it.

What do you mean by a roast dinner? Like a sunday roast type deal?

>Jersey

Oh, so only cheeseburgers and hockey pucks then?

Not a fan or chicago deep dish, but Detroit has its own still that has a nice thick crust, i'd recommend that

I think roasts are overrated. You have to stand there and be gracious while people attack you under the passive aggressive guise of humor. You only do it for the bucks and unless you're a big celebrity that's probably not going to happen. Sushi is good though. Delicious and nutritious.

Never had goose or swan.

Beef tongue. I'd buy it, but my fag of a boyfriend is repulsed by the idea of eating tongue and I hesitate to buy $10 bucks of meat, without having ever prepared it and then not enjoying it and tossing it.

Never had prawns, but I assume they're similar to shrimp.

Tongue is just another muscle

Tastes like beef

if a little kid can shobve that in his mouth like its a god damn kid cuisine it must be alright

lamb is the bomb, but it's best if you season it liberally with herbs and stuff so it makes a crust. it's very greasy and has a heavy earthy flavor to it.

I've never has durian fresh but that is exactly how I would describe the flavour of it's ice cream form.

Rabbit is delicious, tastes a little like chicken thighs, but has a more complex flavor. I'd definitely recommend roasting one in the oven with herbs and potatoes.

Eastern Europe here. Sushi isn't widespread or cheap in my city, but it's usually good quality. I didn't like it at first, but after a few bites fell in love with it. Try tuna rolls for the first time.

Never tried salmon before. am i missing out?

YES

Where I am from, döner kebap is the patrician alternative to fast food from chain restaurants. It is fast, easily costumizable, surprisingly complex in flavor and very nutritious. You get a bunch of vegetables and salad in a great pide bread and some extra-greasy meat. It is great when drunk or recovering from a hangover, but also amazing when sober.

McDonalds is absolute shite and mostly not even worthy of being considered food at all. They occasionally have some good burgers, especially the retro ones (1955 I think) was alright. The desserts are okay too.

I have never tried Mexican food.

>eel
Depends on how it's made. I'm not a big fan of jellied eels but both the Chinese and Japanese make great BBQ eel.

>durian
Once you get past the smell, it tastes like a blend of cream and blue cheese. The scent of the fresh fruit is so pungent that it's banned on public transit and airlines of many SE Asian cities.

Definitely missing out on that. One of the great, simple, delicious and variable dishes mankind has come up with.

I've never had crab of any kind.

Good post
Have you had duck? Goose is halfway between chicken and duck in terms of taste. It is less fatty than duck, but has a similar amount of gamey flavor to it.

I have never eaten horse or dog.

disagree on durian, its like the creamy pungent french soft cheese of fruits,
really unique and one of the creamiest consistencies that exist

only eaten once with lots of lemon juice, kind of a funny taste

Ortolan bunting

HOW

Sounds good, duck is an old favorite of mine.

man you are wrong, goose is way more fatty than duck, also the taste description aint great,
tldr: its fucking delicious in any form, foie gras, rilette, roast...

I have never had a pear

It's like an apple, only softer, juicier, and more disappointing.

Which kind of apple?

Yes

Peanut butter, roasted peanuts, Reese's, Take 5, Butterfinger, Snickers, etc.

I'm allergic. I have a vague idea of what they taste like, but it's kind of like only tasting a soup when it's too hot

Now you're comparing apples and oranges

Never had truffles, urchin, shark.
Did have horse, eel, rabbit.

I am allergic to hazelnuts and consequently have never had, nor will ever have Nutella. But I hear it's not that great, that there are spreads of similar quality without nuts.

I'd say yes in some ways you are. There are a lot of really awesome teas out there. Americans tend to sweeten the shit out of it, but honestly if you're buying good quality tea you only need a sugar cube to bring down the bitterness. It's also a nice way to wake up or wind down.

I enjoy it more than coffee and I really like coffee.

Imagine salt, sweet and savory mixed together in an oily paste. That's any peanut butter product.

Roasted peanuts, think of an earthy savory taste with a smoky roast finish. Add chocolate and nougat for Snickers.

I wouldn't say you're missing much. It's just a shame so much shit contains peanut traces.

You're not really

What country are you from where tea isn't consumed in some form on a regular basis?

Ignore
>You're not really

Dunno where that came from.

I've never had clams or anything like that

Sex
Also cotton candy

>sex
Nothing you can't get from drugs. Only difference is that it can potentially be safer under the right conditions.

>cotton candy
Literally just sugar.

Duck

Dog, cat, horse. These are things I'd like to try. I'm especially annoyed that horse meat is illegal in the US. Like, why? So many useless horse corpses.

Crawfish

Horsemeat was relegalized a few years ago.
I doubt you really want to try it or you would have known that.

I've never been gang banged, used an abused by a bunch of old dudes.

You almost don't taste the 5% of hazelnuts they put in it, because it's so fucking sweet. Everybody who tells you it's the best thing on earth is either a kid, a manchild, a memelord or a hamplanet.

I never tried poptarts

Deep dish pizza isn't actually pizza, its a tomato pie or cheese and tomato pie or lasagna pie.

It is not pizza. Pizza is a very specific type of pie. Shepherds Pie isn't pizza is it? Exactly so fuck off you fucking piece of shit.

Poptarts are over rated, they are also incredibly (disgustingly) sweet to the point of being this dried sugar syrup substance that is very sharp in taste.

Cocaine

overrated desu, amphetamines is better and cheaper

I've never had seafood of any kind. Closest I got was fish sticks in elementary school and it basically tasted like deep fried salt goop.

I'm from Iowa.

Steak.