Who else here /onemealaday/?

Who else here /onemealaday/?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/pV8gLyC.gifv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Protein bars and shakes aren't healthy if all you're doing is sitting down

Right here nigger. One big ass meal about 8 p.m.

WHY?!
Do you hate eating?

why tho

all it does is slow your metabolism while you're not eating

i just finished working out

ITT: Plebs who don't know the joy of fasting.

+200g carbs 65ish-g protein
Enjoy your no gainz pleb

Kinda, I usually fast during the day, eat one meal in the evening and then have a snack before bed, three meal a day always seemed like an unnecessary waste of time to me, if I eat breakfast I'm usually not hungry for lunch and if I eat lunch I'm usually not hungry for dinner, it suits me better to just eat 1.5 meals per day

Explain that right dish

Me.
Protein shake for breakfast though.
One meal on work break at 3pm.
The weight is melting away. The gainz are average.

Nope, no. Not me. More a onemealatimeguy.

You don't get gains from undereating you retard.

Reporting.
I usually only eat dinner (between 7-8 pm). But, I'll snack on vegetables (cucumber, carrots, celery) while I cook dinner. The rest of the day, I subside on tea mainly, and around 1 pm I'll have a glass of almond or hazelnut milk.
It's just easier for me, and saves me money. I'm rarely hungry in the mornings, and don't usually even feel remotely hungry till 1 or 2 pm. So the almond milk tides me over till I make dinner.

me, I love it. Fast till 8pm then have a huge satisfying meal. IF is king

I would argue it makes eating better, with only one meal a day you are incentivized to make the meal better.

Literally can't stomach my daily caloric intake at the macros I want (3500 30P/30F/40C).

Even on a hard cut, I don't think I could get my 2400-2600 cals in a single meal.

I've eaten one meal a day for years.
Not bragging about it, but its a form of survival that reduces labor and time spent.
Typical day goes like this: wake up with a hangover, drink water and coffee heavily until hangover passes, usually early afternoon. Then start drinking alcohol on an empty stomach until quite wasted late in the evening, then drunk cook a poorly made meal, eat like a pig, usually a single pot meal, then promptly pass out.
Repeat every day.

IF is king, lost 15 lbs that way. typically just eat a big low carb high protein dinner, if at all. drink water with supplements throughout the day

Hello Mr skellington

Used to do it that way when I was a NEET, pretty great to not get extremely fat from sitting at the computer all day without moving.

Nowadays I do two meals a day: A quick breakfast and a dinner in the evening due to university and me needing my full capabilities in class.

me
never ate breakfast, and since I've been working nights I just combine lunch and dinner into one meal

HOW MANY CALORIES IS THIS?

wow. just wow.

you parents did a great job.

I don't like protein bars, specially the flavored stuff, because it makes me MORE hungry. When I used to eat that shit, I could eat 5 to 7 in a row without feeling full. Never again.

Wrong. The "eat every 3 hours" thing is just broscience propagated by doctors. Fasting is a milenar tradition that is tried and true.

When you eat once a day, you feel much more satisfied than when you do a lot of meals. Your body gets used to this surprisingly fast too. After 1 or 2 weeks, it stops producing that substance (I think it's an hormone?) that makes you crave for food.

I've been trying to get a full-day fast, but my day off (Saturday) is kinda full of social stuff, and I won't do it on Sunday because I won't eat breakfast on Monday.

Listen to this user, doctors have no idea what they're talking about. You haven't studied the history of medicine, I have.

The opposite. When you spend the day hungry, you're full of anticipation for dinner. You spend all day thinking about it, planning how you're going to prepare it, imagining how it will taste, etc. The anticipation makes it so much more satisfying, and because you haven't eaten anything else all day, you can eat a feast for dinner without gaining weight. It's really the most decadent way to go.

I thought that was a stick of butter on your plate. I was about to go HAM on you. Luckily it's a breadstick, upon further investigation.

Doctors used to tell you cigarrettes were good for health. And again, not to sound like the /pol/ guy, but no one ever made money by telling you to eat LESS.

You have to think of it like you're living 2000 years ago, like your ancestors. They didn't have a tidy, clean 2000 kcal a day diet. They fasted for a period of time because they had to 1) collect edible stuff or 2) catch living stuff (for the meat). What happens when you go into a fast is that you get more "responsive" (not smarter, more responsive), and your body uses its energy accordingly, because it doesn't know when you're going to eat the next time.

My guess (and this is broscience too, I'll say it) is that your body makes you more responsive during fasting because it expects you to catch stuff to eat.

A stick of butter wrapped in ham would be pretty delicious though.

Yeah pretty sure you're some fatty dyel trying to lose weight with fancy pansy meal planning instead of just eating right.

This, same with keto and paleo trends, full of fatties looking to lose weight while avoiding dropping their disgusting habits.

You know keto is one of the most disgusting diets right there, right? No one will tell you this, but you drop an atomic bomb every time you go to the toilet, your sweat smells like someone shat on you, you shit like a fire hose out of control, and your clothes get stains that look like you peed yourself.

(At least for the first few weeks)

mozzarella stuffed meatballs w cavatappi
i.imgur.com/pV8gLyC.gifv
i was aiming for 1500-1600 with 2-300 cal of light snacks throughout the rest of the day

Hell no, I do 5:2. Even on my low calorie days, I split things up into two meals

Most Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays due to class schedule.

>people think skipping breakfast constitutes an eating disorder

I don't do 1 meal but i eat in binges

>not hungry all day until dinner time
>eat a small dinner
>10pm rolls around, consumed by gluttony, eat non stop for 2 1/2 hours, consume 2000 calories of various mostly junk food

Been eating like this for a year now

Does anyone else here eat at a deficit during the week just so you can go on extravagant food binges on the weekends?

That doesn't work if you are eating one meal at around the same time everyday, and all meals have similar caloric value.

Your body's metabolism will simply adapt to one huge meal at the same time everyday.

This is what you do to confuse your metabolism.

You vary the amount of calories and times you eat day to day.

You forgot the bright fucking orange piss.

You're trying to be funny, but researchers have extolled the benefits of intermittent fasting for ages. It's old wives and moms that still spout the "muh five meals a day" meme as if going for longer than three hours without eating will magically fuck up your body.

that's probably part of why i can never diet my weight off
Sometimes I eat normal small amounts throughout the day, other times I just eat an entire pizza at once and that's it.

Why would it make a difference?