TRADER JOE'S

What does Veeky Forums think about Trader Joe's? I've been shopping there since 2014. They're the store that helped my transition into vegetarianism. What about y'all?

pic related, I just think it's inaccurate.

Other urls found in this thread:

whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/2016/05/trader-joes-chicken-spring-rolls.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lets talk frozen meals here;

what about them spring rolls
whatsgoodattraderjoes.com/2016/05/trader-joes-chicken-spring-rolls.html

Marc Maron was right about them.

I find that their non-meat frozen alternatives are tastier and costlier than their meat options.

Never been, but I go to costco. I'm assuming it's the same thing. It's great for dry goods, frozen foods, and sandwich meats. I'm going to take a chance and say that Kirkland brand is better than any other name brand, and is usually cheaper too.

Best place to get decent cheese, quirky snacks, and dried fruit. Everything else is overpriced. Their meat is horrendous.

fucking idiot

I like some of their Korean shit better than real Korean shit and I'm Korean

You've never been so you have no opinion worth having but thanks for sharing anyway

Useless, I can't get all my groceries there so why bother to go? Their produce is not any cheaper and all they sell besides that is self branded prepackaged shit.

Just go. It's much different than costco.

Fuck this entire thread makes me feel like a dirty shill

Their frozen dinners are based as fuck. What are your favorites?

It's my go-to grocery shopping place because their food is overhaul pretty damn healthy compared to a generic store. They're far more pickier on what they provide based upon the ingredients, so finding heavily processed synthetic artificial flavors is nearly impossible.

I wish TJs and Aldi had self checkout like at wally world

>tfw cheery Hawaiian shirt fag asks me about baseball all summer and hockey all winter while judging my frozen meal selections

>tfw foreign tattoo lady scans my cheap produce and stares silently through me before asking if I want cash back

i like their coconut covered cashews

Their dark chocolate covered orange sticks are to die for. They have really good snacks but I was appalled at their shit produce section last time I went. Everything was crazy expensive and packaged. Rather go to sprouts for every other kind of food and get snacks rarely at TJs.
At least they employ semen demons.

>>tfw cheery Hawaiian shirt fag asks me about baseball all summer and hockey all winter while judging my frozen meal selections
The problem is with you.

I've got a corn allergy so shopping for food is shit (fucking morton's salt can set me off) but TJ's has a ton of stuff I can eat and it all tastes freggen great. I have yet to find something from here that wasn't at least good in some way.

what the fuck is going on there

It's a cute place, but almost everything that isn't junk food is overpriced, imo. It's fun to go buy random crap there sometimes.

BEING A FORMER CALIFORNIA NATIVE, I MISS TRADER JOES.

>need lettuce
>Safeway has soggy lettuce
>go to Joe's
>they have no lettuce

Never seen a grocery store not sell lettuce before.

>Never been, but I go to costco. I'm assuming it's the same thing

they're not.

costco is a a wholesale retail memebership club. trader joes is not wholesale or a memebership club, it's a grocery store franchise centered on gourmet, organic and green products. also, it's quite notable for stocking its own brand name products.

also costco is pretty shit recrntly, barely saving money there anymore especially with the price of gasoline it takes for me to get to one of their warehouses.

btw lenard stew is fucking god-tier.

kinda wish they would do away with the meme decorations though.

probably a sign there's no lettuce of quality in your area.

these were bretty gud

>it's quite notable for stocking its own brand name products

Which in actuality are often times not their own at all. I used to work at a place that made and sold soup nationwide under its own label. A couple times a week we'd have to have a separate run of the same product just to pour it into different boxes with Trader Joe labeling. It was the same with Kirkland and the chocolate milks. Whenever there was a cream soup that had to be made milk trucks would come in and some of that milk was set aside and packed in Kirkland boxes and sold to Costco even though this facility I was at had nothing to do with Costco otherwise.

Hipster store selling meme foods to yuppies for exorbitant prices.

anyone not living under a rock assumes this kind of practice occurs.

and that's why i've started making my own food.

>tfw studying abroad with euros
>talking about food
>banter about american food

>working-class pleb with desensitized taste-buds

all jokes aside, i can definitely taste artificialness of fast food like mcdonalds and shit, but i cant remember if trader joes was any different, it's been a long time since i shopped there.

is that from lucky peach?

thats how all store brand stuff is
its all made in the same factories as the name brand stuff

Commercial crap masquerading as specialty food. You're a vegetarian so your palate is ass.

I aint even gotta say shit

last I heard they have an anaheim pepper version out

fuck yeah they do, its based

Dude, frozen meals have come so far in the past couple of years, it's crazy.

I remember when I was a kid all frozen food tasted pretty much the same. Now you can get some decent Chinaman food and whatnot for, what, $4?

I like the big bags of frozen potstickers they sell.
I can buy a bunch for cheap and then eat nothing but for weeks.

I really like their frozen Indian food selection. Here in the city it costs a shit ton to get some tikka masala delivered compared to other places, and unless you're really hungry, the Trader Joes stuff hits that craving for much less money.

I fucking love Trader Joe's. I live in NYC and while the produce isn't as cheap as other places I've lived, it's as cheap as you're gonna get here and it's SOOO much fresher and better than my little grocery store at the bottom of my building. That goes for the prices of anything thing else there, it's not nearly as expensive as some people are spouting. Also, at least they fucking staff their cashiers. If retail stores uptown staffed their registers like Trader Joe's does, then I wouldn't dread going out and getting a fucking pair of pants or some socks.

The only problem I have with it is that I have to schlep all that shit in a big IKEA bag through a couple of subway stops, but that seems like a unique inconvenience to where I live. Other than that, I don't get the meat there because i'd rather get meat in bulk from costco and grind/prep it myself and store in the freezer until I need it. Best place to get decent cheese for cheap though, for real.

>Need help to transition towards Vegetarianism
You can still eat most foods because gelatine, fish oils and meats are easy to spot.
Vegetarianism is worse than a "normal diet" eggs contain the highest amount of cholesterol, you could call milk liquid meat because it's very similar from the nutrients.
Just have some balls and go full plant based.