What the hell? Is this normal?

Two weeks ago I bought stocks for the first time. I heard you get 10% a year on average from stocks. I thought I would get $4,000 by December. Is this normal?

Attached: E441F40A-452D-4220-AFE6-783067F356E3.jpg (2880x3840, 683K)

It's a bull trap for the upcoming crash

More memes in your portfolio than on Veeky Forums's catalog.

Wew lad.

this. look at the dow jones. it's the meme bubble chart.

It’s the new normal!

Good luck op take your profits now (srs).

>Trade wars are good

>Tesla, Netflix, Twitter, Facebook

Haha I can see you took a good look in the books. It's not like you invested in sth because you like the product, is it user?

dow joans bubble youre at the top...ull soon lose all

How can you tell if something is in a bubble?
Sorry I am illiterate. I just picked whatever big companies were recommended on the app or I can think of or use
Do you guys have portfolios? Is it normal to get thousands a month doing nothing?

Don’t i have to pay 30% in capital gains taxes for cashing out without holding for a year? What would I invest the money I cash out into?

When you invest in memes, anything is possible.

Praise kek.

No, it's not normal but it's just a hossa. I managed 78% return last year with pretty popular stocks.

But I get nervous now. Thinking of cashing out.

Why'd you choose to deposit $40,100 into your account?

Key word is average. Could be 40%, could be -40%.

What the fuck?! 78%? What did you invest in?
I have never invested before. 50% of normies don’t own stock - including all my friends. Is this some secret club where you get money doing nothing?

I inherited it. before I’d usually have around $1k in my banking account so I never thought about investing.

This is normal. The 10% statistic is averaged out over time so some years you'll do better, some years you'll do worse. Overall you'll end up around 10% holding a diversified snapshot of the market but there's always the chance of doing better or worse.

I don’t know if anyone is still reading this but 2k is basically my moms monthly salary, so it blows my mind that I am getting this income from thin air.

You’re invested in one of the biggest equities bull runs in history. Even newbies like you can make crazy % gains from just buying and holding. Don’t get dumped on

What do you mean don’t get dumped on?

Do you know what happened to Bitcoin from November to January? You're at the end of December.

Oh shite! how can you tell if something is in a bubble? I’m just now googling it but there’s no news saying the bull run is about to end. I thought stocks are just something you set and forget and come back at the end of the year to this.

Attached: 5D539961-0C45-4228-9A61-24BCF9AE816C.jpg (640x535, 51K)

>I just picked whatever big companies were recommended on the app or I can think of or use
Tfw this is how bubbles form

> reads cnbc finance

amazon, nvidia, amd, tsla, Google, Microsoft, IBM and apple
Shuffling the % every other month
Got out of Tesla and amd though after the crazy run earlier last year

>Anime
Hope you lose it all

I’m not an investor at all and pale at the thought of investing in companies that I morally disagree with; BUT, your go-to about these answers should be trends and politics. I mean, look, if everything is going up, and Trump is recklessly advocating a trade war, it sounds like a bull run, it sounds unsustainable.
But no-one’s gonna make your mind up for you.

>tfw watching a documentary in which it’s explained how IBM supplied the Nazis with punch cards for their concentration camps

>>tfw watching a documentary in which it’s explained how IBM supplied the Nazis with punch cards for their concentration camps
Who cares? Those people that made that decision are no longer there.

Thanks for this response user. It made me see stocks in a different way than before. I feel like I have too much of a normie mindset towards this