American BBQ Trail>

Give me advice/opinions American Veeky Forums friends. I'm looking to head to the states for a year in 2018.
On my bucket list is to complete a decent BBQ trail in one state or another.
But which state should has the best BBQ to pursue?

Other urls found in this thread:

charleston.eater.com/2016/6/16/11937018/scotts-bar-b-que-hemingway
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably New York

Give South Texas a try. Most of the spics here don't bite either.

central texas is obviously the best. dry rub and smoked so the meat is the flavor not some shitty overly-sugared sauce. the best barbecue in the world is really high quality brisket, with just salt and pepper and 12 hours of slow smoking. nothing can compete.

Memphis, also has better meth than Texas.

If you are looking for a tour this is probably your best bet. The only good BBQ you will find in Texas is Texas BBQ and it's the same for the other states known for their BBQ. You won't find THE BEST stuff in New York but find should still be very good.

There is only one answer for pork BBQ. Scott's in Hemingway, SC. Believe it.

charleston.eater.com/2016/6/16/11937018/scotts-bar-b-que-hemingway

ignore these fucking retards. go to south carolina, tennessee, and texas.

An argument could be made for Kansas city, as well.

I saw a picture a long time ago where all these smoked meats and mountains of meats were exalted cobblestone walls and seats.
Poster said it was in Texas, but I want to know where, headed there in January and I want to go there before(to) I die.

Is this it? Salt Lick BBQ in Texas

I think you'll need a few stops.

Carolina whole hog
Texas Brisket
Kansas City Beef Ribs
Tennessee Pork Ribs

Carolina style bbq is definitely the best

TX
Carolina
Kansas City

in that order

Yes! Holy fuck I cannot wait for January. Thank you!

If you happen to be in NC, Lexington barbecue is pretty famous and for good reason.

Brisket's got no right to be as good as it is, man. It may be my favorite smoked meat, though I sure wouldn't admit that in public.

>It may be my favorite smoked meat, though I sure wouldn't admit that in public.

Why?

I live in Lexington, man. Gotta dance with the one that brung you.

People will get to thinking you're a brisket smoker. Ruins your standing in the community

texas

Add Coopers in Lano, TX to that list

It's Llano, and it's okay. Here we go

Lockhart - Smitty's and Black's, don't waste your time at Kruez, it's just a lame version of Smitty's.

Luling - Luling City Market, NOT Luling BBQ. Lock your vehicle and hide your valuables in Luling, pinche ladrones.

Taylor - Louie Mueller, one of the best. This is where that douche in Austin learned to make BBQ and bought he bought Louie's old pit.

San Marcos - Hays County BBQ, a little heavy in the black pepper for me, but good nonetheless. San Marcos BBQ is pretty good, it's the same family that used to own Chisholm Trail in Lockhart, on a side note, I'd avoid Chisholm Trail, it's horrible now.

"Best" is pretty much up to your personal preference.
The three basic elements of BBQ that vary from state to state and even region are the type of meat, the cooking method, and the sauce.

In carolina pig is king but the cut will vary from one region to another and the sauce changes north south east and west, though whole hog with a vinegar-mustard sauce is the most famous.
Texas does cow, especially brisket, but they'll BBQ just about anything too.
You got mutton in the mountains.
Sweet sauces, spicy sauces, sour sauces, white sauces. Southern beans, northern beans. Smoked shellfish and new england seafood cookouts.

People will get very defensive over the particular style that's familiar to them but most of it is good and you could honestly spend a lifetime seeing it all.

BBQ IS HE PINNACLE OF AMERICAN CUISINE.